Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'm like Dub. I saw it once and I was done with it..

Really, really good and it tells that story flawlessly, but it's not something that has me dropping everything if it's on TV..

I'm like Dub. I saw it once and I was done with it..

Really, really good and it tells that story flawlessly, but it's not something that has me dropping everything if it's on TV..

Titanic is like Pearl Harbor to me. I only watch the big scene where the boat goes down. Couldn't really stand to watch the rest again.

Titanic is like Pearl Harbor to me. I only watch the big scene where the boat goes down. Couldn't really stand to watch the rest again.

The casting for Man of Steel has been great thus far.. Superman, Lois, Ma & Pa Kent, all superb choices.

Now comes the interesting part, who's going to be the villain and who will play him.

The casting for Man of Steel has been great thus far.. Superman, Lois, Ma & Pa Kent, all superb choices.

Now comes the interesting part, who's going to be the villain and who will play him.

^ She's gonna look ill with a flamethrower on a train fighting Nazi samurai.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

But she was really good in Sunshine Cleaning. I got a little hope in Superman.

Also:

Spoiler [+]
How mad are you that this movie's only 20 minutes long?
eek.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

But she was really good in Sunshine Cleaning. I got a little hope in Superman.

Also:

Spoiler [+]
How mad are you that this movie's only 20 minutes long?
eek.gif

One thing is for sure... They're surrounding Zack Snyder with as much talent as they can possibly get their hands on...

Been rumored Viggo Mortensen or Michael Shannon might play General Zod... Would be interesting.

One thing is for sure... They're surrounding Zack Snyder with as much talent as they can possibly get their hands on...

Been rumored Viggo Mortensen or Michael Shannon might play General Zod... Would be interesting.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
[sarcasm]Oh no, I hope that isn't a Sucker Punch reference, I haven't seen it yet! Damn you![/sarcasm]
Seriously though, I've read some of Snyder's interviews and he's going to make an effort to make Superman more "real." I hope he hasn't been spending too much time with Nolan though, because the Batman motif that Nolan uses is NOT what Superman is about. I'm hoping Snyder will find the balance.

This basically means that the film is either going to be awesome or a debacle. No middle ground.

In addition, I'm still dismayed that Singer wasn't offered the opportunity for another film. Even though the "emo-Superman" film he did wasn't well received, he was at least going to use better villains in the follow up (so he says). Now we have to have this "reboot" and Superman will probably fight the same villains again. And if Snyder's Superman flops, I doubt we'll ever see villains like Brainiac or Darkseid in a feature film.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
[sarcasm]Oh no, I hope that isn't a Sucker Punch reference, I haven't seen it yet! Damn you![/sarcasm]
Seriously though, I've read some of Snyder's interviews and he's going to make an effort to make Superman more "real." I hope he hasn't been spending too much time with Nolan though, because the Batman motif that Nolan uses is NOT what Superman is about. I'm hoping Snyder will find the balance.

This basically means that the film is either going to be awesome or a debacle. No middle ground.

In addition, I'm still dismayed that Singer wasn't offered the opportunity for another film. Even though the "emo-Superman" film he did wasn't well received, he was at least going to use better villains in the follow up (so he says). Now we have to have this "reboot" and Superman will probably fight the same villains again. And if Snyder's Superman flops, I doubt we'll ever see villains like Brainiac or Darkseid in a feature film.

I'm getting the same feeling about Super as I did Batman Begins. When I heard Freeman, Hauer, Caine, Oldman, Wilkinson, Neeson, I was like God damn what are they all doin in a comic book movie. That's how I knew Nolan wasn't @#$%&* around. Same vibe I'm getting here.
pimp.gif

I'm getting the same feeling about Super as I did Batman Begins. When I heard Freeman, Hauer, Caine, Oldman, Wilkinson, Neeson, I was like God damn what are they all doin in a comic book movie. That's how I knew Nolan wasn't @#$%&* around. Same vibe I'm getting here.
pimp.gif

4th Round Picks

37. Kool - Barton Fink
38. JPZ - Malcolm X
39. Prime - The Fugitive
40. Big J - True Romance
41. Venom - Titanic
42. CP - Independence Day
43. Dub - 
44. Dirk - 
45. MrONegative - 
46. JohnnyRed - 
47. Noskey - 
48. IllmaticSoul - 

4th Round Picks

37. Kool - Barton Fink
38. JPZ - Malcolm X
39. Prime - The Fugitive
40. Big J - True Romance
41. Venom - Titanic
42. CP - Independence Day
43. Dub - 
44. Dirk - 
45. MrONegative - 
46. JohnnyRed - 
47. Noskey - 
48. IllmaticSoul - 

I just watched Mean Girls for the first time and damn, that movie was hilariously dark (especially the bus thing) and awesome.

I just watched Mean Girls for the first time and damn, that movie was hilariously dark (especially the bus thing) and awesome.

Good pick CP

JRS, I really liked Mean Girls. Tina Fey writing, a prime ginger Lindsay Lohan, its a funny and smart movie

Back
Top Bottom