Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

finally saw anchorman 2 :smh: . too much forced comedy. it had its moments but yeah i wont be watching it again any time soon.

Speaking of Sam Shepard, here's a new movie with him, Dexter (aka Michael Hall) & Don Johnson... This flick is supposed to take place in Texas in 1989, but the setting doesn't scream retro techno music... I mean I like what I heard but it just doesn't fit... What's with these knuckle heads & the music that's getting picked? That's why you don't give hipsters jobs... :rolleyes Flick looks good though...

:nerd: I'm very intrigued about Foxcatcher...

Last edited:
:smokin with Raphael Saadiq as band leader no less...

http://www.vulture.com/2014/04/maya-rudolph-show-is-finally-happening.html

The Maya Rudolph Show Is Finally Happening

More than a year after rumors first started circulating, and several months after it was supposed to debut, the Maya Rudolph variety show is actually coming to television. Hurray! The Maya Rudolph Show, currently just a one-off special, will air Monday, May 19 at 10 p.m., NBC announced today. Raphael Saadiq will serve as band leader; Fred Armisen, Kristen Bell, Sean Hayes, Chris Parnell, Craig Robinson, and Andy Samberg will guest-star; and Janelle Monae will be the musical guest. NBC says the special will "[revisit] the classic variety show format," which is fine and all — but the only thing that really matters is that something called The Maya Rudolph Show is finally happening.

Still want to marry Maya Rudolph.

Those freckles and comedic timing turn me into mush. :smh:

Plus I always loved her mother, look forward to the show. :pimp:

Ryan Gosling's directorial debut once titled How to Catch a Monster is now called Lost River. It's headed to Cannes and we have our first image and plot details from the film - http://afterthecut.com/2014/04/17/first-look-at-ryan-goslings-directorial-debut-lost-river/

New title's a little generic, but can't wait. Even though there's no connection, Don Jon got me real interested in this new wave of actors turned directors. :lol:

something called The Maya Rudolph Show is finally happening.

I watched 5 episodes of Up All Night for that woman. :lol: I'm in.
It's a shame they never figured out what do to with her like Poehler.

Last edited:
Watching Lars and the Real Girl...this movie is that "indie funny." I never thought I would like it, but I do like it. Ryan Gosling has jumped to one of the actors that counts as "that movies got cast."

Alright, I'm not as much of a film critic as most, I enjoi movies, but I ain't going ham on critiques, not my bag.

I really liked that movie. I'm a sucker for plot devices, and Bianca was one of the cleanest plot devices I've ever seen. The way it represented him overcoming his fear of relationships, it was so human, so real. The way the town showed their love of Lars through Bianca. The scene where Bianca died and everyone seem legit sad.

The acting was superb. I am now a fan of Ryan Gosling after that movie. So subtle, so real, so emotional.

Last edited:
Anyone got any good Bollywood movies? Remember watching one back in 7th grade and it was dope but can't remember the title. All I remember is that there was this dude going after this girl he liked, them singing in the movie, think dude was dancing with his crew and her crew in some temple, and him riding to her house at night on his scooter/motorcycle. So many Bollywood movies so it's nearly impossible to find that title now. 

I'm pretty sure you've just described 85% of Bollywood films :lol:

No one told me Running Man was such a good movie. I was completely caught off gaurs. I'm constantly surprised by the storylines in 80s movies, overtly political and surprisingly relevant. The underlying tones of dystopian futures, but in a less dramatic way, like their drama lies in the extreme caricature in which they display the setting. They tended to capture the underlying nature of what it means to be an American during that time period, hyper masculinity, consumerism, selfishness, isolation. Underlying themes. Running Man is an excellent movie for the politically conscious.

The use of characters is brilliant. Computer guy was there to crack the code and give it to the girl. Black dude was there to save Arnold's life and tell them what to do with the code. Old girl herself was a good foil for Arnold, the classic 'force you to see my humanity' they did that through an a dual show if force.

It's cool seeing what limited ideas they had of technology, not very inventive but very 'creative' the way they adapted old tech and made it adaptive to their needs. They had an old lady cursing to show crowds turn in favor of Richards.

The relationship between Arnold and old girl was pretty well told. Moments like when he slowed down to save her and grabbed her hand are the moments when they take the 'show don't tell' philosophy of writing to heart.

They slowly revealed the diabolical nature if the sport slowly. They didn't give up the full story in the first act. They gave you the world little bit by little bit.

I even liked the little quips Arnold had at the end of each kill. 'Chainsaw had to split' ish slayed me.

Last edited:
I really hate to admit this, but i`m watching Grown Ups 2 and I`m laughing. Shaq is hilarious.

No one told me Running Man was such a good movie. I was completely caught off gaurs. I'm constantly surprised by the storylines in 80s movies, overtly political and surprisingly relevant. The underlying tones of dystopian futures, but in a less dramatic way, like their drama lies in the extreme caricature in which they display the setting. They tended to capture the underlying nature of what it means to be an American during that time period, hyper masculinity, consumerism, selfishness, isolation. Underlying themes. Running Man is an excellent movie for the politically conscious.

The use of characters is brilliant. Computer guy was there to crack the code and give it to the girl. Black dude was there to save Arnold's life and tell them what to do with the code. Old girl herself was a good foil for Arnold, the classic 'force you to see my humanity' they did that through an a dual show if force.

It's cool seeing what limited ideas they had of technology, not very inventive but very 'creative' the way they adapted old tech and made it adaptive to their needs. They had an old lady cursing to show crowds turn in favor of Richards.

The relationship between Arnold and old girl was pretty well told. Moments like when he slowed down to save her and grabbed her hand are the moments when they take the 'show don't tell' philosophy of writing to heart.

They slowly revealed the diabolical nature if the sport slowly. They didn't give up the full story in the first act. They gave you the world little bit by little bit.

I even liked the little quips Arnold had at the end of each kill. 'Chainsaw had to split' ish slayed me.

Fantastic movie. Ahead of its time in many ways. Credit to Steven King for writing a great story. And the casting of Richard Dawson as Killian was unexpected, but worked out brilliantly.

My girl wants to watch Mr. nobody in a few. Said her friends told her its crazy good and trippy lol

Jared leto is the man so i hope its good

I really hate to admit this, but i`m watching Grown Ups 2 and I`m laughing. Shaq is hilarious.

So, my wife and I hated the first one. Our daughter loved the first tho, so she was excited for 2.

So, anything for the princess, we sat down and watched it. I have no idea how, or why, but we both enjoyed it.

It's just.....mindless, entertainment. Like a town anyone would want to live in. Iono.

I felt the same way with Sandlers Just Go With It. I can watch that multiple times and enjoy it.

Looks really good! I'm not sure about the whole breaking the 4th wall thing yet, kinda reminds me of Goodfellas

glad you mentioned that, it was the one thing that bothered me as well.

Sometimes this works, but very rarely and usually in a narration fashion, not like in House of Cards for a whole movie. Especially by relatively unknown actors. Feels very forced, and it's a crutch. When you have to break the 4th wall to explain something you are proving your story and acting aren't enough to tell a cohesive narrative.

Hol' up, just heard a piece of a trailer for Transcendence, where I heard Morgan Freemen say something like "... the end of a primitive, organic life, and the dawn of a more advanced stage. Will this transcendence be mankind's greatest achievement, or his greatest threat?"

THAT'S what Transcendence is about? Sign me up!! Lego!

I know he's got bills to pay & doing crap like x-men helps, but I can't wait to see Fassbender do real work like Macbeth. The upcoming release also features Marion Cotillard as Lady Macbeth. First images below.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom