Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What old movie would you love to be remade?
I'm of the mind that the only old movies that should be remade are the bad ones. Like the bad ones that at least had potential concept/premise wise.

Don't remake classics thinking you're about to recreate the success or make something anywhere near equal. I wish more directors would challenge themselves that way.

Like I just heard after bringing up Pratt as Indy that they're remaking the Magnificent 7 with Pratt and Denzel Washington. The mere fact they're even remaking that movie made me scoff despite me liking both actors and the director, A. Fuqua but it's w/e at this point Hollywood won't stop.
12 Angry Men

Gremlins

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Princess Bride
The **** is wrong with you Ska? You trying to make Hollywood ruin my childhood.

They've already remade 12 Angry Men though. I think twice. Unless you're just saying you want to see a modern version. Nothing beats the classic with my boy Fonda :pimp:

I think even you know they'd ruin a Gremlins remake.

Princess Bride (just watched this again a few days ago) and Ferris Bueller are untouchable.

You buggin b.
They need to take old movies that had good premises but we're poorly executed and remake those..

Or go completely different with it

Or if it's a special effects driven film and technology improves vastly from when the original was made
Cosign. Basically said what I said.

Look at scarface and ocean's eleven.. The resent remake of Carrie was an excellent opportunity that they completely missed on
Ocean's is a success but honestly I'm not sure that 3rd installment should've happened.

I wouldn't mind Scarface done right. Pacino got it right with Tony but everything else about that movie could've been done better.

Last edited:
Like I just heard after bringing up Pratt as Indy that they're remaking the Magnificent 7 with Pratt and Denzel Washington. The mere fact they're even remaking that movie made me scoff despite me liking both actors and the director, A. Fuqua but it's w/e at this point Hollywood won't stop.

Ocean's is a success but honestly I'm not sure that 3rd installment should've happened.

I wouldn't mind Scarface done right. Pacino got it right with Tony but everything else about that movie could've been done better.

Completely agree on the magnificent 7, the first one is a great western.. If I remember correctly there was a sequel that wasn't good.. And I think they already had a crappy remake

I don't think either ocean's sequel was necessary.. But those are the 2 examples that came to my head first of remakes that worked

I remember reading or hearing somewhere the dumb idea that they were going to try to remake the wild bunch or the dirty dozen.. Remaking either should be a crime

Last edited:
I'd like to see one of my favorite movies of all time Stand By Me remade just to see what they do with it

and the movie that @Master Zik  i think put me on to Rope

Last edited:
What's a couple good Russian movies
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765443/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_11

images

Last edited:
almost done with season 2 of house of cards

frank underwood might be my all time favorite tv drama character 

Completely agree on the magnificent 7, the first one is a great western.. If I remember correctly there was a sequel that wasn't good.. And I think they already had a crappy remake

Thought the Magnificent 7 was based of the Seven Samurai? So they are making a remake of a remake?

Kingsman looks like a lot of fun...

I liked how the Japanese remake of Unforgiven (Yurusarezaru mono) was done flipping the script though making it a samurai movie instead. Kinda carried on the tradition of exchange between Japanese samurai films & American westerns a la Kurosawa & Sergio Leone.

The Japanese remake was solid but it missed some great lines, ones that only Eastwood could deliver like, "I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you."

Last edited:
That could be really fun

Apparently, there's something in the works. According to IMDB, Guy Ritchie is attached to direct a Cannonball Run remake to be set in Europe. No information beyond that. But based on that alone, there's potential there.

Edit - after doing some Googles, it appears that the Cannonball remake was initially conceived as starring Clooney and Pitt. If that's how it ends up, I wouldn't be that excited since it would probably just seem like the Oceans movies on wheels. But nothing's happened with production of the flick for like two years, so who knows.

Last edited:
I'd like to see one of my favorite movies of all time Stand By Me remade just to see what they do with it
and the movie that @Master Zik
 i think put me on to Rope
Without Hitchcock I don't know. Rope was real cerebral, suspenseful and all those things Hitchcock does great with a plot like that. Not doubting there isn't someone couldn't do it but as a feature film I'm not sure anybody is taking the chance unless they really change up the film or go hard in modernizing it.

It would be cool to see that remade or a movie similar to it.

Back
Top Bottom