Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Master Zik Master Zik

Their reviews that I talked about are post-S4 though

It's a better show now because of the current setting and characters developing that hadn't in the past, and a few that have been added.

The reviews have improved as the show improves. I mean, it's a show that - because of the ratings - will get several cracks at finding a storyline and storytelling model that works. I'll share thoughts on new episodes while you sum the current show up for everyone with reviews of episodes two seasons ago. :lol: :lol: they don't air episodes on Sunday's from the time when you were watching, I'm sorry :lol:
I'm still going with the show is trash and you shouldn't have to wade through 3 seasons of crap to get to a season that has "improved" especially based on reviews that have gotten better.

There's something being ignored there and some flawed reasoning. I mean if you actually subjected yourself to all of that season to season, no wonder if the show finally has gotten to the average threshold you'd think the show is better. If it even got to that threshold, may just finally started being mediocre. It's not hard to improve upon crap if you get somebody who knows how to tell good stories in charge or to write one ep. From there the illusion of change sets in and you start telling yourself the show has gotten better.

I say this knowing full well where the show has gone and will go for the most part not watching any of S4 but cuz I've read the comic and Kirkman hasn't really strayed from that yet. You're just about getting to one of the more boring parts of the comic with Negan and these other communities. From what I'm reading they didn't even handle Glen properly so again it just goes to show why this show will never flourish.

I guess with a more daring creator in charge or showrunner they'd be able to do exactly what they wanted to on HBO or even Showtime. AMC been holding them back on some key emotional moments but I can't entirely blame that cuz the writing has been piss poor since S2 and the acting has consistently been mediocre by the majority of the cast.

Last edited:
The Affair is simply amazing. One of my favorite shows in a long time.

Late on Fargo S2 but damn, this is amazing as well

Just so we're clear, anybody that's ever improved at doing something - in the case of a TV show - hiring the right people, marketing, becoming the bonfire for communal viewing - is not true, but rather the result of a person talking themselves into an idea they only first wanted to be true?

"From there the illusion of change sets in"

? :lol: I was almost out after Terminus, I'm glad I stayed on board. Not stressin about whether The Gatekeeper thinks it's good.

Last edited:
I'm behind about 4 or 5 episodes of The Affair.

I have a huge backlog of shows right now.

Gotta take a vacation just to catch up.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Doesn't seem like there's much attention for the last hunger games movie coming out. I liked the books but i'm not interested in this last movie like I was the others.

Yo Variety just gave Creed an EXCEPTIONAL review :wow: :pimp:

They also saying that both Stallone and MBJ might be in awards contention with their performances.

Checked rottentomatoes and it's off to an amazing start there with 7 reviews 100%.

tumblr_lstd3rNWR21qam5vs.gif

My dude MBJ bout to finally get some award nominations hopefully :pimp:

And nice to see Ryan Coogler keep shining :pimp:

Watching the ep with Alexandra Daddario. Goddamn she got some heavenly *******. Also those witch eyes as Winston called them.

Got some good news for you (and everyone else), bro. Daddario has been cast as the lead in a Baywatch movie. Have a feeling there will be a lot of bouncing boobies in that one.

Last edited:
Watching the ep with Alexandra Daddario. Goddamn she got some heavenly *******. Also those witch eyes as Winston called them.

Got some good news for you (and everyone else), bro. Daddario has been cast as the lead in a Baywatch movie. Have a feeling there will be a lot of bouncing boobies in that one.

That's a perfect role for her talents. Still, her scene in True Detective season 1 almost brought a tear to my eye. The world became a better place.

The Affair is simply amazing. One of my favorite shows in a long time.

Late on Fargo S2 but damn, this is amazing as well
FACTS on both counts :smokin
One thing I'll add about The Affair is for me they may have finally crossed a line on making it a balanced view of Noah's and Allison's motives and reasons for what they did when it comes to the larger argument of who is more in the wrong. For like a season and a half I was rocking with both of them even when they were portrayed negatively in another person's perspective but if that baby aint Noah's and in those flash forwards Allison got him thinking she's his like it seems to be she's a conniving spiteful *****. Aint no excuses for that. Go back to Pacey on Dawson's Creek if the baby is his.

Doesn't seem like there's much attention for the last hunger games movie coming out. I liked the books but i'm not interested in this last movie like I was the others.
*Cue Anti-Dope*

:lol:

I need to start up The Affair again. I watched the pilot and didn't follow up watching it.

Does anyone know why Legend w/ Tom Hardy isn't showing at any of my local theaters? Checked 3 or 4 of them. Thought this movie was relatively a big deal with the exposure the trailer got. The last 4 or 5 movies i've gone to see at the theaters showed the trailer so I was expecting it to come.

Saw a trailer on youtube that said it was gonna be released in September I think so I was expecting it to come then but it didn't so I assumed it was for an earlier release in the UK. Then when I went to see the Martian at the theater it the trailer said November 20th. It's still not showing up on my theaters schedule online, which it would have by now. Im frustrated, i've been waiting anxiously for a while.

Last edited:
Only thing I can think of is it might just be getting a more limited released and won't be in a lot of theaters.

Not quite epic like others.. but I loved  the ending of 50/50

I think Pearl Jam just sealed it for me.

Back
Top Bottom