Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Does Pixar count as Disney?

Pixar is under the Disney umbrella but I wouldn't consider their films a Disney film.

Finding Dory coming up. That's Pixar. Not Disney.

Disney animated films have been in a Renaissance for a while and Pixar been in a slump,and I think that has mostly to do with John Lasseter neglecting Pixar and paying more attention to Disney animation. (Whereas before he only needed to concentrate on Pixar films prior to the Disney takeover)

Part of why I'm a little wary about Finding Dory. Most likely not going to be as good as the original.

Does Pixar count as Disney?

In some ways yes and some ways no. From a creative standpoint, I consider Pixar to be its own entity. I think Disney management has some say about certain things, but Pixar movies are Pixar movies. But when it comes to Disney's bank accounts, Pixar is part of Disney.

Whole movie/book series telling us that this is stupid
Or things could turn out like Dragon Tales.

That's just the bad side with Jurassic park/world. You're being influenced by a disaster type movie.

Thing could turn out great.

:lol:

When a young kid falls into the raptor or t-rex section of the zoo all the animal lovers will be up in arms when the dinosaur catches a bullet to the brain.

Whole movie/book series telling us that this is stupid
Or things could turn out like Dragon Tales.

That's just the bad side with Jurassic park/world. You're being influenced by a disaster type movie.

Thing could turn out great.

:lol:

Long as they don't bring back the meat eaters, everything would probably be okay but we know that someone will want Raptors, T-Rex, etc and **** will hit the fan

Long as they don't bring back the meat eaters, everything would probably be okay but we know that someone will want Raptors, T-Rex, etc and **** will hit the fan

Yup. Once the cat is out the bag, it's a wrap. Humans can never stop. You also have the U.S military with unlimited money to throw at weaponizing a T-Rex.

Still waiting for the Japanese to create real deal gundams

Not talking the ED 209 looking things they got now

How are you enjoying it? I started about a month or so ago but haven't had the time to really sit and have a solid viewing; I'm probably 2.5 hours in.

Playing catch up, talk in here about not having ever seen Goodfellas? :smh:

Last edited:
Am I the only one to watch the Godfather Epic in one setting? it was... *sigh* Epic

I did it too. I felt like I was in a whole nother world. You ever wake up from a nap and feel confused af? That was me when I left my room after 8 hours

3 was god-awful

IMO, that's a bit of an overstatement. It was an average movie, which of course is not acceptable for a part of the Godfather franchise.

And notwithstanding my comment above, the Sophie Coppola-Andy Garcia scenes were almost on the same level of cringeworthy as the Anakin-Amidala courtship part in Attack of the Clones. Unfortunately, that stuff overshadows the good parts of Godfather 3.

*Edit - damn, I had no idea until I just looked right now that G3 was nominated for 7 Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director. All I remember from the time it came out is it getting crushed by critics for Sophia Coppola's performance. The pedigree really helped a lot when awards season came around, I guess.

Last edited:
Actually watched Dracula Untold. It was okay but halfway through I really noticed its pg13 due to the lack of blood. Honey tore through an army of 1000 by himself and there was barely any blood.

Movie went to lengths to humanize Vlad. Boring *** parts. Charles Dance as the Devil was cool as expected.

4.5/8

Yup. Once the cat is out the bag, it's a wrap. Humans can never stop. You also have the U.S military with unlimited money to throw at weaponizing a T-Rex.
I can imagine the military using raptors for warfare :lol:

Last edited:
Finally got to Deadpool. I enjoyed it. Definitely was the perfect vehicle for an R-rated Marvel hero movie. That said, it had its flaws for. Per usual, I found Ryan Reynold's act a little much - even if it does fit the character well. Also, I would have liked some aspects of the story to be developed a little better. Would have liked more backstory on Francis, etc. But overall good watch - 6.75/8.

First ep of Feed the Beast was pretty good. Interested in where things go this season if the 2nd ep is just as good or better.

Cool to see Ross working consistently coming off of OJ.

This freak ferguson on wentworth is the worst. A bleeding butthole was just the start of her sick plan.

This freak ferguson on wentworth is the worst. A bleeding butthole was just the start of her sick plan.
I am only through 2 eps.

I've been trying to wait so I can binge it in one setting.

What ep is it on now?

Can't wait for the Final Season of this

The-fall.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom