Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

slight change of subject................

This is difficult but I was thinking about the best shootouts of all time and am gonna try and come up with a top 10. This is REALLY hard, bu off the top of my headt, here goes.....

1. HEAT: The bank heist shootout. nothing really comes close to this in my opinion.
  2. John Wick: Night club shootout
  3. The Matrix: Corporate building destruction (including the helicopter unloading)
  4. Leon(The Profesional): Apartment SWAT raid shootout
  5. Tombstone: Gunfight at the O.K. Corral
  6. The Way of the Gun: Final shootout scene
  7. Boondock Saints: "THERE WAS A FIRE-FIGHT!!" scene.
  8. Enemy at the Gates: Final sniper duel
  9. Django Unchained: Candyland Shootout
  10. The Terminator: Police Station Shootout

I know I'm missing a million but I seriously can't think of any more off the top.

Some John Woo is needed in this list

Mexican standoff in The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

The Wildbunch

Full Metal Jacket

The Untouchables

Desperado

The Killer

All the Rambo movies

Taxi Driver

Most importantly, I don't know how Scarface isn't #1 on most lists. Epic shootout

Last edited:
Alright nobody judge me.....I just watched The Shining for the first time.

It was cool to see where all the references originated from. Solid movie, but I wouldn't watch again.

It was cool to see where all the references originated from. Solid movie, but I wouldn't watch again.
I don't blame you for saying I wouldn't watch again. People talk about how great it is but personally, the feeling I get when I put that movie on is not a comfortable feeling. My older cousins used to terrify us with that movie when we were little (maybe 4-5 years old). I can't remember ins and outs but it's some traumatizing **** because I can't F with that movie man.

I suppose that would make one limited, but I don't care to try and enjoy The Shining on any level, ever.

Last edited:
The Shining is one of my favorite movies :pimp: Jack's crazy over acting *** was fantastic in that film.

I don't blame you for saying I wouldn't watch again. People talk about how great it is but personally, the feeling I get when I put that movie on is not a comfortable feeling. My older cousins used to terrify us with that movie when we were little (maybe 4-5 years old). I can't remember ins and outs but it's some traumatizing **** because I can't F with that movie man.

I suppose that would make one limited, but I don't care to try and enjoy The Shining on any level, ever.

See this is why I hate that I catch movies like this so late. I want to be able to relate to having that same fear as a child you speak of. I found most of the frightening parts kind of funny.

"Redrum, redrum, redrum" was hilarious :lol:

Anybody watch HBO's Big Little Lies or Little Big Lies?

Just saw it, was okay. Felt like drama/murder mystery about to start in the O.C.

I love The Shining but I never found it scary, even as a child, but it's creepy as ****. Just the whole atmosphere and feeling it establishes is amazing and having Jack slowly but surely going mad is just so well done. It's a movie I see in whole at least once a year. I'd also recommend watching Room 237 which is a documentary about the intrepretations and meanings of The Shining.

I love The Shining but I never found it scary, even as a child, but it's creepy as ****. Just the whole atmosphere and feeling it establishes is amazing and having Jack slowly but surely going mad is just so well done. It's a movie I see in whole at least once a year. I'd also recommend watching Room 237 which is a documentary about the intrepretations and meanings of The Shining.
Kubrick's best work, imo

The atmosphere he created was incredible. The use of color, the setting, etc. were all spot on. I'm still appalled by the reports of how he treated Shelley Duvall (Wendy) during filming.

It's not a horror film. It's a psychological thriller, imo. I also appreciate the smart protagonist of Wendy.

Last edited:
Watched Moonlight last night.

Stellar acting, but I'll be real honest - and maybe because I was watching late night - but I don't understand why Ali is getting the highest of praises. He's been my dude since Place Beyond the Pines, but to only be in Moonlight for X amount of time that he was, I'm having a hard time understanding where his "empowerment" came from.

Granted he did take in Chiron in an attempt to ensure him he can freely be gay/different, but he didn't do ALL that much else. Besides go off on his mom?

Anybody watch HBO's Big Little Lies or Little Big Lies?

Just saw it, was okay. Felt like drama/murder mystery about to start in the O.C.
I have it DVR'ed. I can't wait to start it. It may be going on episode 4-5 before I can get it though which is fine. I have to get back to Animal Kingdom so it's on the back burners

I caught Big Little Lies last night as well. My girl made me watch it. I know it's based off a book so I'm curious how they are going to fit it all into 7 episodes.

Finally saw Hacksaw Ridge.

Pretty solid flick however, I was expecting a bit more of the "action/war" scenes. Cinematography and editing was good but I was expecting better for a war film. Garfield was outstanding and I loved Vince Vaughn's character. :lol:

I'm sure Garfield is one of the "dark horses" for Best Actor with Denzel, Gosling and Casey being front-runners but I wouldn't be surprised if he snagged it.

6.5/8

I watched it for the first time only a year or 2 ago. Went straight into my top 5 after viewing.

Kubrick did so many great things with that movie (amongst all the other great **** he did with other films). The Room 237 documentary adds a lot and makes you realize a bunch of **** you might not of noticed originally. There are some stretch theories in there though :lol:

It's amazing how long that movie makes you feel so uncomfortable before any of the actual terror happens.

Finally saw Hacksaw Ridge.

Pretty solid flick however, I was expecting a bit more of the "action/war" scenes. Cinematography and editing was good but I was expecting better for a war film. Garfield was outstanding and I loved Vince Vaughn's character. :lol:

I'm sure Garfield is one of the "dark horses" for Best Actor with Denzel, Gosling and Casey being front-runners but I wouldn't be surprised if he snagged it.

6.5/8
I think cuz it was about a pacifist Mel aint go all the way in on the horrors of war.

When son stayed behind and was single handedly carrying wounded troops back and lowering then down :smokin

I'm watching it thinking I can't believe this a true story. Sound like some wild fictional ****. Dude was a true hero.

Last edited:
I watched it for the first time only a year or 2 ago. Went straight into my top 5 after viewing.

Kubrick did so many great things with that movie (amongst all the other great **** he did with other films). The Room 237 documentary adds a lot and makes you realize a bunch of **** you might not of noticed originally. There are some stretch theories in there though :lol:

It's amazing how long that movie makes you feel so uncomfortable before any of the actual terror happens.

Thanks for mentioning that documentary. I'll definitely check that out. I found myself on Google searching for answers after I watched the movie lol. Like the photograph on the wall at the end....mindblown.

Been reading the past few pages and the Arrival talk/ I have a question if anyone wants to answer it...
Did they ever say what exactly the threat was that would be coming in 3000 years? Or did I miss that?

Been reading the past few pages and the Arrival talk/ I have a question if anyone wants to answer it...
Did they ever say what exactly the threat was that would be coming in 3000 years? Or did I miss that?
No they didn't say but keep in mind it was a threat for the heptapods not humans.

Trying to stay positive about this...

Back
Top Bottom