Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The saying is used as a joke or to make declarative statements but I don't like the idea of Viola saying shes a black Meryl Streep.

Imo, she's better.

But yeah she should get paid. Getting a bit tired of this issue and how studios aren't smartening up. You'd think they'd realize with their shallow well of ideas, constant rebooting and remaking of movies and how they fail to push the same white actors that they've try something else to make profitiable movies.

Kalifornia 5.4/8

Pitt was good as a sociopath serial killer but it was such boring character. Just a hillbilly. Juliett Lewis performance was disturbing. Duchovny almost seemed typecast.

Forbes :evil:

Cop 5.6/8

Another dope Woods flick. Real 90s. Not his best but good for what it is. Writing was shallow on the serial killer but not movie was mostly about this reckless cop that bangs hot witnesses :lol:

Restoration 6/8

RDJR was real good. Good story for what it was about.

GAME NIGHT - Predictable but solid. A bunch of laughs and whacky characters.

ANNIHILATION - My mind is blown. I have so many questions. Fantastic flick that'll I'll be seeing again for sure.

game night was definitely funny, but also extremely underwhelming at the same time.
like sure a few of the 'twists' were definitely clever but at the same time they weren't really and most was predicable...not sure if that makes sense lol

Game night 7.5. Had good laughs in it, the plot ending was a twist and wasn't predictable. Other small parts were kind of predictable, some weren't. The serious parts could've been wrote better, though.

I wouldn't watch it again, though.

Annihilation was great man. The over arching theme of being self destructive and how can we ever overcome it....had me all in my feels. My mind was churning the whole movie especially at the final act. The metaphore playing out was something special and left me questioning a lot when i left. Such a good movie. If you like Ex Machina you will LOVE the movie.

That being said...you have to understand its Sci-Fi. Since im such a practical person...i had a little issue with how ill prepared the team was when then went into the shimmer. Without adding spoilers...the shimmer was expanding for 3 years....and like you still knew nothing about it? Why didn't you send some one in right at the border...hang out for a day then come out with samples....like why is this such an unknown thing when its been there for 3 years. Anyway...once you get past that...best movie ive seen this year.

Co-worker just said he saw Annihilation and enjoyed it. I'm not much of a sci-fi fan, but I'd give it a shot.

Annihilation was great man. The over arching theme of being self destructive and how can we ever overcome it....had me all in my feels. My mind was churning the whole movie especially at the final act. The metaphore playing out was something special and left me questioning a lot when i left. Such a good movie. If you like Ex Machina you will LOVE the movie.

That being said...you have to understand its Sci-Fi. Since im such a practical person...i had a little issue with how ill prepared the team was when then went into the shimmer. Without adding spoilers...the shimmer was expanding for 3 years....and like you still knew nothing about it? Why didn't you send some one in right at the border...hang out for a day then come out with samples....like why is this such an unknown thing when its been there for 3 years. Anyway...once you get past that...best movie ive seen this year.
LOL I thought the same thing. Like really? We're just going in? Not even going to dip a toe then run back out? Stupid scientists.

Yeah, they came off more liked educated explorers than practical scientists that use the scientific method.

I mean you send in several military units and they don't come back? How about we just go 5 ft in first before we trek to a light house on the damn coast :lol:

The ending with Kane though :lol: Like I said wild creepy.

Yeah, they came off more liked educated explorers than practical scientists that use the scientific method.

I mean you send in several military units and they don't come back? How about we just go 5 ft in first before we trek to a light house on the damn coast :lol:

The ending with Kane though :lol: Like I said wild creepy.
Agreed. There's a ton of creepiness. And we can pick apart the details all day but its a thoroughly enjoyable experience that I hope others go see. Even if you don't like sci-fi.

My daughter and I have started watching some films for the first time (for her) Last week I introduced her to Indiana Jones for the first time, and yesterday I had her pick a movie, she selected........Scream. :pimp: Chip off the ole block. :lol:

Absolutely love that film, always and forever. And it still hits all the marks, even tho some of the references are pretty dated now. (Like Tori Spelling, and the Richard Gere/Gerbil line)

She loved it, I think some of it flew over her head, but in terms of just the story and the game he plays in the opening, Randy and his explanations of the Scary Movie rules, all of that she loved.

At some point we'll get into all the sequels of both franchises, but right now I'm just letting her pick and choose diff films, and try to soak in what she just saw not devour like we do with TV shows and binging and what not. I don't want her watching all 3 Indy's in a week, or all 4 Screams, etc.

How old is your daughter?

Scream is definitely in my top 10 favorite movies ever and the opening scene with Drew Barrymore is horror film perfection

Early teen's. Old enough to start grasping what she's watching now. She's seen all the Star Wars and comic films and what not, but she might not have understood some of them, at the time, she may need to go back and start over on some of them. For instance, I bet she has no idea what the first Iron Man was really like, she was very very young. That might be a good one to suggest to her later on.

Looking forward to seeing Duncan Jones' Netflix flick Mute starring Alexander Skarsgard... Jones' Moon & Sourcecode were a solid flicks. Interesting fact... He's David Bowie's son (RIP)....

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi I've got Mute on my watch list. Lemme know if you like it. Lately I've been just adding random Netflix
Movies and watching them at my own risk. There is some straight TRASH on there man :rofl:

Any show recommendations ???

I'm open for anything ...

Shows that I recentlt watched and liked
GoT
TD
Insecure
Frankie and Grace

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi I've got Mute on my watch list. Lemme know if you like it. Lately I've been just adding random Netflix
Movies and watching them at my own risk. There is some straight TRASH on there man :rofl:
Mute sucked in my opinion. I was excited for that cast too. There's something there but that flick doesn't deliver.

Back
Top Bottom