Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Godzilla king of the monsters

9xIVe6Bl.jpg

kIWf4gnl.jpg

Isn't this the girl from Stranger Things?

I can’t remember anything from the other Godzilla movie. Did quicksilver and SW live? Not that it matters since it looks like we’ll be following a new bunch

read them episode 9 spoilers

please kill me now

just when you think it cant get any worse than episode 8

Haven’t posted in here in a while but after seeing Sorry to Bother You, felt the need to.

I just thought it was....ok? It’s like they were making a movie that’s related to Get Out or Black Mirror but half way through said f*** it and made something that would be on Adult Swim. I get what they were trying to say about racism, classism, etc but it still felt like something Eric Andre would have a hand in. I somewhat enjoyed it though.

I have a few questions about it if anyone feels like having a discussion.

I defiitely agree about you bringing up Eric Andre.

I was legit expecting him to show up at the party or be one of the equestrians :lol:

What do you think was the reasoning behind Detroit’s earrings and Omari Hardwick’s character name always being bleeped out?
No clue on Detroit's earrings. At first I thought it was an ongoing joke but it wasnt and just seemed more like a statement of she's always stunting. Plus only 2 of them or so we're really saying anything.

I just assume Omari's character had a really racist or offensive name :lol:

There's a lot if things little and large that may come off as random or havee a message meaning in this. I dont think everything had a deeoer meaning to it though.

Last edited:
No clue on Detroit's earrings. At first I thought it was an ongoing joke but it wasnt and just seemed more like a statement of she's always stunting. Plus only 2 of them or so we're really saying anything.

I just assume Omari's character had a really racist or offe sive name :lol:

There's a lot if things little and large that may come off as random or havee a message meaning in this. I dont think everything had a deeoer meaning to it though.

Thanks for the analysis fam. Like I said before it was like a full length movie version of Eric Andre’s show lmao

Yeah but I feel it was mostly mid 2nd act to 3rd act on it got Eric Andre crazy.

Before was a different speed that was easily digestible.

Oh man, I haven't seen Rumble in the Bronx in a long time. Just caught the 3rd act :lol:

"HOVERCRAFT!"

This dude Jackie Chan threw a damn 3 yr old across the beach :rofl:

That movie is still dope to this day. And so many unintended funny parts. I don’t know why but the crippled kid always had me dying laughing

Caught up with the 3 eps of a 10 ep season of Yellowstone. I like it enough to keep watching it through to the end.

It has all the elements that one would like of Sicario, Hell or High Water, & Wind River which were all written by dude that wrote & directed this show, Taylor Sheridan.

He definitely has a nack for crating a modern day western. Th fundementals & broad strokes are great.

It’s the details, the character development, & story pacing that are the negatives of the show.

Lots of monologing & characters who speak too poetically. A bulk of characters are under developed. Sometimes when the show cuts to a new scene, you feel like it jumped ahead & that you missed something.

Having said that, I still like it & will finish it out. I think I like it for the same reason I like Shooter on TNT which is also flawed but enjoyable.

Don't Worry He Won't Get Far On Foot 7/8

This was a real touching, funny, serious look at an alcoholic going through recovery. Movie has some similarities to The Sessions a bit.

Had no clue it was based on a true story until the end.

Typical role Phoenix would choose and he was great.

Jonah Hill was great in this.

Rooney Mara was so good in this and so damn sexy

Definitely a good watch.

Biding my time with some Ant-Man watching before I see Skyscraper.

Thanks for the analysis fam. Like I said before it was like a full length movie version of Eric Andre’s show lmao
It doesn't answer the question but Boots Riley did a reddit AMA and he said the character Mr. _______ is only to be spelled this way and it's 7 underscores.

Skyscraper 5.7/8

I thought this was gonna be pure trash. It was actually pretty solid. Not all that good but maybe slightly above average.

This comes through if you want a summer popcorn flick/blockbuster. Not one of the better blockbusters of the year/summer like say Upgrade turned out to be but watchable.

What stood out for me was some of the action scenes. The Rock vs. Pablo Schriber was ****ing rough. Wasn't expecting it to be that hard hitting.

Then there's Asian underworld crime syndicate chick and it's like they plucked her right out of John Wick with her moves.

Then there were the cheesey dumb family parts. The irrational death defying attempts on this building but it wasnt that glaring.

The Rock did his thing as Duct Tape Man. Wasn't much of a presence or personality (which I think many notice) just a former soldier FBI agent rescue team operative family man. So the story really had to be made around him and I think they managed to make it one of the better Rock movies given the premise.

liking succession a lot more than i thought i would

its a lil rough around the edges but has so many actors i f*** w/ (culkn, braun, snook, alan ruck, jeremy strong) and a lot of potential

listened to the rewatchables podcast about michael clayton but it got axed from netflix so i went w/ in bruges instead

still so good

:rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom