Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

the staircase 7/8

evil genius 7.25/8

fact really is stranger than fiction

i watched genius after staircase and was a lil relieved it was short and sweet (4 eps) b/c while i was totally captivated by TS, mike peterson's rambling becomes reall y exhausting after 13 episodes

unsane 6/8

always love it when serious directors take on schlocky genre stuff

Crazy Rich Asian starring the half Asian & Constance Wu topped the box office with $25.2m for the 3 day haul & $34m overall since it's premier last Wed. The flick only cost $30m to make. RomComs have been trending down & the last one to make a debut like this was Amy Schumer's Trainwreck which did $30.1m.

Sad to see Blackkklansman has only pulled in $23m so far. Its one of my favorite from 2018. It's an extremely well craft flick (albeit possibly historically inaccurate).

Crazy Rich Asian starring the half Asian & Constance Wu topped the box office with $25.2m for the 3 day haul & $34m overall since it's premier last Wed. The flick only cost $30m to make. RomComs have been trending down & the last one to make a debut like this was Amy Schumer's Trainwreck which did $30.1m.

Sad to see Blackkklansman has only pulled in $23m so far. Its one of my favorite from 2018. It's an extremely well craft flick (albeit possibly historically inaccurate).

I know we got into it over the half asian thing and just caught that :rofl: props my guy

In an interview a couple of weeks ago, Christian Slater said he thinks Mr. Robot will end after the upcoming 4th season. Will be sad if it happens because I love everything about this show. The story, the actors, the photography (& style), & the killer killer soundtrack (from the score to the tunes they play). I even bought the few pieces of vinyl that's been released over the years. The only other show in recent memory that I bought the vinyl score from is Strange Things.

A Quiet Place 5.8/8 I probably went in a little too hype, based on critic reviews. I had no idea what to expect either. I didn't know what the "creatures" were. Also didn't know there would be subtitles. Neither of those take away anything from the film. I simply had no background info. Hadn't even seen the trailer.

BlackKklansman 6.7/8 A lot of powerful/potent moments with plenty of comedic relief. Thought it was cool how Spike didn't really need to rely on an abundance of violence to tell the audience how deeply f***ed the state of this country is. I really liked how they showed the individual audience faces with the black back drop while Kwame was speaking. Sort of gave me shivers. Anyone else have Inglorious Bastards vibes at certain points?

I really liked Christopher Robin.

It was a step above a simple cute "Hey remember Winnie the Pooh??" and not the highest of highs where it was a universally great movie. A lot of really sweet moments, I loved the animation, and it had a nice blend of real life and the imagination and magic of Pooh. I was pleased with it.

i'm asian. have no desire to see CRA. not a big romcom fan. not gonna see a movie just because it has asians in it and tell everyone else to go see it cause i'm asian. i'll wait until i can dl it and my mom asks me for it then maybe i'll watch it.

I was under the assumption they were already filming for some reason.

So I guess Danny Boyle for Mission Impossible 8? (McQuarrie is gonna finish his trilogy with 7).

I love movies/docs of all kinds, RomComs included. I love Nora Ephron’s When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, & You’ve Got Mail so seeing CRA was no big deal for me.

Doesn’t make me a better person or anything like that. Just a fan of movies.

Speaking of which, although not a RomCom, I gotta watch Love Jones again. Haven’t seent that in a while now...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom