Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

With the changing times, I'm thinkin about changing one of the Utilities to a Comic Book film, since they are so prevalent now.

Sports
Drama
Comedy
Horror/Thriller
Crime
Sci-Fi
Action
Western
Comics
Utility

That way we separate Sci-Fi and Action films from the dozens of Comic movies.

Can I get in on this?

I got you.

lawdog1 lawdog1 If you don't want to be a part of the actual draft, maybe one of the judges when we are all finished?

I'm still waitin to hear from a couple folks, I will start reachin out via PM to a couple and I'll try to find Chester. :lol:

So far, we have Big J, CaliBee, JPZ, kingkoopa, and myself. Lookin to have about 10 of us, so at least 5 more. We could extend to 12 if there's enough interest. Once we have the players, I'll set up the times, get contact info, rules etc.

I got you.

lawdog1 lawdog1 If you don't want to be a part of the actual draft, maybe one of the judges when we are all finished?

I'm still waitin to hear from a couple folks, I will start reachin out via PM to a couple and I'll try to find Chester. :lol:

So far, we have Big J, CaliBee, JPZ, kingkoopa, and myself. Lookin to have about 10 of us, so at least 5 more. We could extend to 12 if there's enough interest. Once we have the players, I'll set up the times, get contact info, rules etc.

Yes, I will volunteer my judging services.

I recall it being very rewarding for previous judges. I believe it was japanair21 japanair21 who said something like, “I’m really getting yelled at over how I judged a fantasy movie draft on an internet sneaker message board” :lol: Honestly one of my favorite NT moments.

I got you.

I’m pretty sure Chester is Christian Pulisic Christian Pulisic

I don’t get to check NT as frequently as I used to or I’d be down

What it sounds like. The participants pick/draft movies from the designated time period to their “team” and then someone who wasn’t in the draft judges who has the strongest roster.

At least I think that’s how it worked in the past. I’m not sure how many films to a “team” though and if certain genres must be represented.

Sounds interesting. I'd be down. I've seen way too many movies.

We had a womens draft during the offseason a few years elpablo21 elpablo21 remembers.

I'll never be able to find it with these search options.

I was robbed off a twitter verification rule.
I dont even remember who won :rofl:

It's starts in here somewhere

How many we have? Will make the picks deeper if we have a lot, and we’ll find out who you guys really are (no one take Mighty Ducks: D2 / Wolf the Dentist / “Good game, Captain Duck”).

Right now we have 11 owners. I want one more and then we'll call that good. I wish we could get a hold of mronegative mronegative Anyone have a number for him?

JPZ, these are the 10 categories to fill.

Sports
Drama
Comedy
Horror/Thriller
Crime
Sci-Fi
Action
Western
Comics
Utility

Will foreign films get their due this time around? I'll be damned if I choose Train to Busan and nobody gives a **** and it ends up hurting me in the long run, despite it being one of the best zombie movies of the decade.

Will foreign films get their due this time around? I'll be damned if I choose Train to Busan and nobody gives a **** and it ends up hurting me in the long run, despite it being one of the best zombie movies of the decade.

Sure, Lawdog is one of the judges, sure he's seen that....... :lol:

We have our 12th. MrO returns to the ring!!!!

I will get the Draft order set in an hour or so and send out @'s to everyone. Please make sure I either have your Twitter handle or phone number, or if PM's will get your attention so that when it's your turn we can get you in here.

We will "stop the clock" for weekends, but as always, if you are up, even during the weekend, you can make your pick.

I'm gonna need to find a spot to edit and store the full draft board. Maybe not in the OP, but on Page 1 somewhere. Gimme some time to get organized. But we have our 12. :nthat:

When is the start date? My work and personal schedule limits my computer time (a large reason I'm not posting as much), and I'll be able to have a list of choices set and I'll send them to CP or whoever to post on my behalf. Kick this off officially on Monday?

When is the start date? My work and personal schedule limits my computer time (a large reason I'm not posting as much), and I'll be able to have a list of choices set and I'll send them to CP or whoever to post on my behalf. Kick this off officially on Monday?
Same. I can barely keep up with the two threads I'm active in. I can probably keep up relatively well if we have set draft times but if its an off-the-cuff setup yall might be waiting a while between my picks.

J and Noskey, I can PM you so it reaches your phones, or if you have Twitter alerts, or if you want to text me, whatever makes it easier for you.

We can def start mostly by Monday, but once I get the draft board set up and the draft order, people can start makin their picks soon as they want. So if we get 5-6 picks over the weekend, all the better for Monday then. If we get 0 picks over the weekend, no biggie. We're all veterans of these things, we know it takes some patience, we'll get there.

You guys just let me know your preferred method of being reached and I'll follow up with that. (Even the @ method on here now goes direct to my phone, I assume same for most, if that's enough, we can do that)

Back
Top Bottom