Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched it last night. Straight up unnecessarily sad at times (especially the end) :lol: but top notch acting. Well done Driver & Scarjo.

danger style danger style I think it's pretty evident they both may have had love for another at some point (pre-Henry I suppose, or when he was a toddler), but you can argue they weren't actually IN love.

Adam established himself as one of the GOAT criers in this movie :lol:

it’s hard to say that they were never IN love since all we have to go off of is the montages in the beginning and the aftermath now when all they talk about is each other’s flaws.

I’ll just go with they were once in love, but had simply fallen out of it. The reaction ScarJo had at the end when Adam told her he had taken up a residency at UCLA was killer. She still tied his shoelaces at the end :frown:

Ernie & Joe: Crisis Cops
HBO Documentary

If you have hbo, 100% definatly worth the watch. Amazing doc about a San Antonio police unit that's trying to change the police culture when it comes to dealing w/ ppl w/ mental health issues. These guys are some serious heroes. HBO never disappoints w/ documentaries.

You know you've seen too many movies when the only thing you haven't seen this weekend (that's worth seeing) is the Mr. Rogers movie.

https://collider.com/killers-of-the-flower-moon-movie-filming-dates-scorsese/

7 DECADES IN THE GAME.

The first time his two muses will share the screen together in one of his feature film productions. 🔥
Didn't this have a different title?

I recall a movie attached to Leo where he would be playing a serial killer. Winter something or something winter.

EDIT

Nvm - It was called The Devil in the White City and apparently they're making it a tv series now.

Last edited:
Watched the entire first season of CAKE on FXC today.

Pretty funny and entertaining. Very weird and out there funny segments in between the main story following Jerome. Think Man Seeking Woman but even crazier weirder.

Peeped Marriage Story as soon as it dropped on Netflix.

Adam Driver ****ing killed it. Joaquin is my dude but Adam deserves the Oscar over him this year. What a performance. ScarJo was great as well.

7/8
Knew there was something I needed to see. Glad its on netflix so I dont gotta trek it to the art house theater.

I saw one clip of it and I knew ScarJo would be great in it.

Last edited:
Marriage Story 7/8

What an excellent movie about the divorce process. So many subtle detailed nuances throughout. This was expertly crafted. Not surprising given Baumbach's personal life and experience with divorce.

The movie had a Woody Allen quality to it that I feel is gonna make it timeless and a must watch in a future.

The writing and acting is so ****ing good. Damn near acting clinic with ScarJo and Driver with this conflict. The anger, pettiness, the unloading of grievances, the breaking down, and sadness.

Then the little comedy stuff is just too much. Fam got blood EVERYWHERE :rofl:

Pleasantly surprised by Instant Family. Caught it randomly while lounging. Would be lying if I said it didn't choke me up a couple times. Mileage will probably vary though. Having worked in social services and juvenile justice, it slapped different for me.

Not sure but hes been MIA since Tuesday and his name doesn't show pop up when I try to @ him

Word, tried to @ him the other day. Quoted him from a thread he started and haven’t seen a response. peeped his profile and yeah, not seen since Tuesday. Seems like he got the ban hammer.
9EB04456-4793-4B85-97E4-3B51B8C38A13.jpeg

Dark Waters was a solid movie. Didn't know too much about the Dupont lawsuit but movie was very informative. Ruffalo and Camp did a great job

Going to check out the Netfiix doc "The Devil We Know" on this story some time down the line as well

Last edited:
We talking about this in here or does it stay in the DC thread?

Not the least bit interested in this movie, saw the first one went to sleep during it and woke up to my wife still watching it.

We talk about everything in here.

I'm hype for 1984. But I am worried, no doubt. Expectations after the first will be high.

Is Parasite out there yet? I need to catch it but haven't had time for a theater viewing.

Got into some documentaries and The Irishman this weekend...

Kenny 5/8 - Interesting doc about Dalglish. Liverpool legend. Would have liked to see a little more highlights and interviews from other players.
Make Us Dream 6/8 - Stevie G. Another Liverpool legend. This was a lot more modern and well done. Tons of interviews from other players and great highlights.
The Irishman 6/8 - Not my favorite Scorsese movie but it was solid. The de-aging took me out of it at times and reminded me of the Polar Express. Glad to finally get all these old gangsters together.

21 Bridges was quick fun cop movie. nothing mind blowing but it got to the point. helps to have some talented actors in it with chadwick, sienna and jk

AFI Pick the Top 10 Films of 2019

Marriage Story
The Farewell
Once Upon A Time..... In Hollywood
Richard Jewel
Joker
The Irishman
JoJo Rabbit
Little Women
Knives Out

Not counting 4 movies I haven't seen (one or two I dont plan to; Farewell and Little Women) half this list is weak. American film Institute, American movies so no Parasite.

Really hope Uncut Gems is great. I want a strong award season for good discussion. I dont have a favorite and I don't really see a clear favorite as far as standouts. Don't want a repeat of the last few years.

Last edited:
  1. Christmas story
  2. Elf
  3. Christmas vacation
  4. Home alone
  5. Die hard
My top 5 Christmas movies in order. Die hard could be replaced. I feel like I’m forgetting an important one

Plan on seeing Richard Jewell. Read up on it a bit yesterday. Dude definitely got a raw deal from the media and FBI.

Back
Top Bottom