Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^^^ Fictionalized, even comedic portrayals of horrible people from history has been going on forever in film and TV. But I don’t really remember the kind of “you-just-can’t-do-that” reactions I’ve seen about JoJo Rabbit with prior works. I’ve generally been resistant to the idea that people are getting offended more easily as time goes on, but maybe there is something to that idea...
I wasn’t offended after watching the whole movie. Movie was trash though.

^^^ Fictionalized, even comedic portrayals of horrible people from history has been going on forever in film and TV. But I don’t really remember the kind of “you-just-can’t-do-that” reactions I’ve seen about JoJo Rabbit with prior works. I’ve generally been resistant to the idea that people are getting offended more easily as time goes on, but maybe there is something to that idea...
Wonder how Mel Brooks would do nowadays.

Marriage Story and Irishman are my Oscar front runners so far. I’ve seen everything except Little Women and Parasite. Wanting for a subtitle version of parasite to hit the internet.

You can't make Blazing Saddles today :lol:
C1D9693D-617A-4813-A04D-A2B85A70BC33.gif

man just all the n* word jokes are great.

There’s a lot stuff in Brooks’ History of the World Part 1 that wouldn’t fly today either. I don’t think Young Frankenstein or Spaceballs are that bad, buts it’s been a long time since I’ve seen either.

Last edited:
If QT is out here still thriving I think Mel Brooks could get away with some stuff.

QT isnt going for full on comedy though.

SAG Awards on now

Looks the usual suspects won again. Theres always gonna be one or two weird upsets on Oscar night though because thats just how the Academy do.

Adam Driver might pull the upset

this other one sounds crazy but it seems like Joker is pretty beloved by those in the academy and i wouldnt be surprised to see Todd Phillips walking away with best director

Back
Top Bottom