Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Anyone else watch I Know This Much Is True?

Ruffalo did his damn thing. I enjoyed the mini-series overall, but at times I felt it was falling flat; waiting to see where it was turning.

I'm not a fan of hers by any means, but Rosie was good as well.
I should've made a thread so I could be the only posting in there raving about it.

That series was PEAK great sad boy depression acting.

Ruffalo was just shining as a regular guy going through it trying to manager that comes at him and trying to care about his family. It was a Damn near acting clinic by Mark.

Man's life was pure struggle. Thought he was cursed. Then in the come to find out he's half-native American.

The book was so rich with pathos I can see why HBO had to make this.
Agreed on both counts. I haven't seen the season finale yet, that's my next episode, but Ruffalo has been spectacular. And like you said, I actually can't stand effing Rosie, but I liked her role a lot in this.

I think the series is amazing.
You're gonna feel it coming from her in her scene with Dom in the finale.

What are your favorite 'fatherhood' movies of all time? Mine is definitely John Q, and I really like Frequency.
Love John Q.

Pursuit was already mentioned so while its not mainly focused on fatherhood it is like half the movie and just a lot of scenes from Fences came to mind when I gave this some thought.

What are your favorite 'fatherhood' movies of all time? Mine is definitely John Q, and I really like Frequency.

51PF369WY6L._SY445_.jpg

220px-A_Bronx_Tale.jpg

220px-Vitaebella.jpg

Road_to_Perdition_Film_Poster.jpg

That's effing awesome. <3 How old were you the 1st time you and him watched it together? Been thinking about watching it with my son, but not sure yet.

I’m not in any way saying this was a good thing, but for comparison purposes, my Dad was showing me Dirty Harry movies and The Godfather when I was like 8 years old.

I am not joking or exaggerating.

Oooooohhhh, yyyyyeeeeaaahhhno. 😂😂😂

My favorite comedy of all time is Scott Pilgrim, and I just barely watched that for the 1st time with my son last week, with the hesitation being the underlying, and a few times explicit, sexual overtones. He's 12.

Not sheltered, but I'm definitely not ready to watch Godfather with him. 😬

Oooooohhhh, yyyyyeeeeaaahhhno. 😂😂😂

My favorite comedy of all time is Scott Pilgrim, and I just barely watched that for the 1st time with my son last week, with the hesitation being the underlying, and a few times explicit, sexual overtones. He's 12.

Not sheltered, but I'm definitely not ready to watch Godfather with him. 😬

Did he like it? My son, 14, did. He’s actually thrown it on a couple without me, totally on his own, since I first showed it to him.

Did he like it? My son, 14, did. He’s actually thrown it on a couple without me, totally on his own, since I first showed it to him.
He. Was. HYSTERICAL.

HISSS.

TEEEEERRR.

ICAL!!!

Was definitely a good time for us. Every time Scott defeated an ex and they turned to coins, ohmigosh, he DIED. When the vegan ex had superpowers, he was like 'What the...? Because he doesn't eat dairy?!' and CRACKED UP. Then he punched Scott up to the moon and Ian (my son) goes 'Wait... where'd he go?!'... and cracked up.

His side was split when Knives showed up to the house and Scott jumped sideways out the window. I mean, he DIED, then he reaches back in through the window and grabs his coat... literal tears, bro.

Which of course had me cracking up all over again. I prefaced the movie by telling him that I love because it's absolutely ridiculous, like some of it is so stupid it's hilarious.

Yep. Good times. lol

Never seen Life is Beautiful, actually. Heard good things, real good things.

Is that overtly father/son, or is that just a subplot?

That's effing awesome. <3 How old were you the 1st time you and him watched it together? Been thinking about watching it with my son, but not sure yet.

1st time was prob between 3rd and 4th grade? I was one of those kids that had hbo, Cinemax etc and my pops gave no ****s about what I watched. He always stressed that it was just fiction and always taught me the important lessons in life.

a lot of teachers were shook when I’d tell them about what I learned from movies I’d seen :lol:

They were NOT big fans of my Chris rock and George Carlin standup recitals :lol:

1st time was prob between 3rd and 4th grade? I was one of those kids that had hbo, Cinemax etc and my pops gave no ****s about what I watched. He always stressed that it was just fiction and always taught me the important lessons in life.

a lot of teachers were shook when I’d tell them about what I learned from movies I’d seen :lol:

They were NOT big fans of my Chris rock and George Carlin standup recitals :lol:

Which ones did you hit them up with? No Sex In the Champagne Room? 7 Words You Can’t Say on TV?

Prrrreeeeettttty sure I hate you right now.

Watching the finale now.
Oh damn. I went out of the way to not say anything about the Rosie scene and let that loose.

When you see it unravel its not even a big deal. Nothing can hit Dom any harder than what goes down in the finale. He kinda just accepts it cuz its too late anyway.

So I thought I was going to be watching the finale to This Much I Know, buuuuuuut it only goes up to Episode 5 for me, and I've seen that.

How have you seen the finale? That comes out tonight, right? I'm streaming on AT&T Now which include HBO Max, but I don't see E:6.

So I thought I was going to be watching the finale to This Much I Know, buuuuuuut it only goes up to Episode 5 for me, and I've seen that.

How have you seen the finale? That comes out tonight, right? I'm streaming on AT&T Now which include HBO Max, but I don't see E:6.
No. Something wrong with your HBO.

The finale came out last week.

Tonight is the Perry Mason premiere.

I cant **** with AT&T Now. Never works for me. I just checked the HBO Max app and the final episode is definitely up.

If you already pay for HBO and have a smart tv just download the HBO Max app directly then sign in through your cable provider.

If that fails I can send you a link.

Hellboy (2019) while not as good as the others, I had a fun time. Mad I won't get a sequel. Really did love the world they built.
5/8

\No. Something wrong with your HBO.

The finale came out last week.

Tonight is the Perry Mason premiere.

I cant **** with AT&T Now. Never works for me. I just checked the HBO Max app and the final episode is definitely up.

If you already pay for HBO and have a smart tv just download the HBO Max app directly then sign in through your cable provider.

If that fails I can send you a link.
Thanks for offering the link. Just DLed Max on my phone, signed in with my AT&T credentials, and there it is, Episode 6. Watching it right now by casting it to my tv.

Just finished the pre-credit scene and diving into the episode now.

MAN. |l:ohwell:

Watching 8th Grade. Always meant to. Wasn't in theaters long enough for me to catch.

Watching to see what's good with Bo Burnham as a director.

lawdog1 lawdog1

ive got the topic of my screenplay/script selected. I’ll start researching and brainstorming.

THE DUELING OAKS

In early Creole days more duels were fought in New Orleans than any other American city. Creole honor was a thing of intricate delicacy, to be offended by a word or glance. The Duelling Oaks were a favorite setting for these affaires d'honneur, with pistol, saber, or colichemarde, a long sword with a broad forte and very slender foible, a favorite duelling weapon since the seventeenth century.

Creoles were expert swordsmen and often delighted in any and every opportunity to exhibit their art. Duels were fought over real and trivial insults, were sometimes deliberately provoked by young men anxious to display their skill. A quarrel between rival lovers, a fancied slight, a political argument, a difference of opinion regarding an opera, any one of these things was ample excuse for a duel under the oaks. In his History of Louisiana, Alcee Fortier states that on one Sunday in 1839 ten duels were fought here.

Back
Top Bottom