Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Cant believe this fell so far.

giphy.gif

Coming in late with a splash,

Futurama - Comedy

24u4.gif

And while not a funny episode, the best animated episode of any show, ever:

giphy.gif

Drama

The_Corner.jpg

David Simon's warm-up to the Wire. One of the few times I agree with the critics and the 100% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Does an excellent job of humanizing (Black) people struggling with addiction - which doesn't happen much on television, even today. Available on YouTube for free - if you haven't seen it, watch it ASAP.

noskey noskey on you

This story is based on Deandre McCullough (played by Sean Nelson). He actually had a part in the Wire as Lamar, Brother Mouzone's muscle in season 2 and 3. Died of an OD I think back in like 2012.

Great mini series. Another one way ahead of it's time.

Peanut Butter Falcon is such an awesome movie. I wish it was longer or maybe even a series.

Shia labouf is a good actor too, I don’t care what anyone says. Take his performance in this movie and compare it to let’s say his character from the movie Constantine. Such a stark contrast. Dude is versatile AF.

Finally got around to watching Do The Right Thing for the first time.

Jay-Z-So-So-Music-Video.gif

I get why it's beloved.

Some movies just need to be watched in that era to appreciate it.

I missed the whole late 80s early 90s NY movement do to me being like 4 when this movie came out and living in Ohio.

Would not go out of my way to watch again.

5.7/10

What makes the movie so special to yall?

Can't be the movie itself.
The movie is a classic.

Spike managed to capture everything necessary in that movie. All the performances were on point.

Something may just be off about your taste.

But I really don't need to defend Do The Right Thing to somebody who didn't like it :lol: Cant waste my time like that. Not me.

Can't be the movie itself.

What else could it be besides the movie? :lol:

It's greatness. Cinematography is on point. Close ups, bright colors, angles that create that "claustrophobic" effect that highlights the tone between the characters. He almost crafts it like a play with the limited sets and it even progresses as one. Like a tragedy. The themes of racism, self-expression, (mis)communication, etc are executed pretty flawlessly. It's as relevant as ever too. Could go on and on. There's a lot to unpack.

What didn't you like? You probably went in with different expectations.

What else could it be besides the movie? :lol:

It's greatness. Cinematography is on point. Close ups, bright colors, angles that create that "claustrophobic" effect that highlights the tone between the characters. He almost crafts it like a play with the limited sets and it even progresses as one. Like a tragedy. The themes of racism, self-expression, (mis)communication, etc are executed pretty flawlessly. It's as relevant as ever too. Could go on and on. There's a lot to unpack.

What didn't you like? You probably went in with different expectations.

Didn't say I didn't like it.

It was just a stale watch.

If the movie was a spice, it would be flour.

Just a jumbled movie to me.

Seemed like it would be better as a stage play then movie.

Back
Top Bottom