Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I saw Eyes Wide Shut in the theater and honestly remember coming out after feeling low key exhausted. But glad I saw it.

I wouldn’t have appreciated Eyes Wide Shut if I had seen it earlier than a 28 year old. I wouldn’t have really understood it as a youngin.

I really liked The Little Things.

Denzel, Malek, and Leto were all top notch. Story was solid. It's not being rated very highly which is confusing to me. Easy 6.75/8 for me. Most folks have it in the 60% range for some reason.

Leto is such an interesting guy. Started out as just a pretty boy, he has completely scrapped that label and become a pretty damn diverse actor.

447A28D8-9CB3-4D60-89A3-5B3F3FDD3534.jpeg

Spider-Man_2_(2004)-1.jpg

Some thoughts.

1. There have been 3 Spiderman 2's in my lifetime 😯

Might see 4 if you count the Miles animated movie.

2. Kristen Dunst is not it.

3. Donell Rawlings is in this lol

4. The last great "comic" movie.

I just think this genre has evolved into something more then just being a comic popcorn flick.

5. The surgery scene lead straight into the bank scene 😯

I got about halfway through The Little Things and I finally fell asleep. I guess I can’t call it trash yet, but it was pretty bad.

-boring.

-usually with whodunnit murder mystery movies, you learn something new. A new investigation technique. Some cool fact about serial killers. ANYTHING. I didn’t learn anything from what I was watching. Nothing interesting at least.

-Denzel brought nothing to his role. Could have been Danny Glover as the cop and nothing would have changed.

-Remy Malek was awful from what I saw so far. I was rolling my eyes anytime he spoke. Dude was so extra it was annoying. Might be just be a bad script for him, a bad characterization that he came with, bad direction, or all three.

-Jared Leto was AWESOME. Guess I need to finish up, but I felt like I almost finished the movie before I got to see his parts. Dude should have been dominating screen time from the beginning. Instead we get fat washed Denzel shuffling around The entire movie.

-I love me a good crime thriller but this was not the move so far. My tentative rating is 4/8 but I don’t even know if I can get myself to go back and finish.

Thanks but can't take dudes voice.

Tf is goin on!?!,

It was literally a real life Tropic Thunder on set :lol:
Was a script/character Brando was hyped for but it went through rewrites and staff changes that made it trash
Kilmer and Brando making life hell for everyone, director leaving and coming back undercover as an extra :lol:
Cast orgies because they were all stuck in the Australian jungle for 6 months.
Lead actress tried to run away from the set and got found at the airport
Brando and Kilmer beefed so Brando demanded more screen time so they put scenes in like him playing the piano :lol:
It was hot on set so there are scenes were Brando is wearing an ice bucket on his head because he demanded it and it looks insane :lol:

I got about halfway through The Little Things and I finally fell asleep. I guess I can’t call it trash yet, but it was pretty bad.

-boring.

-usually with whodunnit murder mystery movies, you learn something new. A new investigation technique. Some cool fact about serial killers. ANYTHING. I didn’t learn anything from what I was watching. Nothing interesting at least.

-Denzel brought nothing to his role. Could have been Danny Glover as the cop and nothing would have changed.

-Remy Malek was awful from what I saw so far. I was rolling my eyes anytime he spoke. Dude was so extra it was annoying. Might be just be a bad script for him, a bad characterization that he came with, bad direction, or all three.

-Jared Leto was AWESOME. Guess I need to finish up, but I felt like I almost finished the movie before I got to see his parts. Dude should have been dominating screen time from the beginning. Instead we get fat washed Denzel shuffling around The entire movie.

-I love me a good crime thriller but this was not the move so far. My tentative rating is 4/8 but I don’t even know if I can get myself to go back and finish.
Fell asleep too but I finished it up in the morning. It is a bit boring, but it's not really a whodunnit, that's why you gotta finish films. That said your rating probably won't change. Also this overrating Leto's performance is weird, seen multiple folks do it and he didn't do much and he wasn't much, it was adequate.

Fell asleep too but I finished it up in the morning. It is a bit boring, but it's not really a whodunnit, that's why you gotta finish films. That said your rating probably won't change. Also this overrating Leto's performance is weird, seen multiple folks do it and he didn't do much and he wasn't much, it was adequate.

Leto killed Dallas Buyers Club.

Don't remember anything else he did that has been worthy of his praise.

I think Denzel and Malek were SO bland that Leto really stood out when he finally hit the screen. It was like “damn, that’s how you build an interesting character!” Wanted to see more of him that’s all. Not saying he deserves an Oscar, just think the movie would be better if he had a more prominent role.

I think Denzel and Malek were SO bland that Leto really stood out when he finally hit the screen. It was like “damn, that’s how you build an interesting character!” Wanted to see more of him that’s all. Not saying he deserves an Oscar, just think the movie would be better if he had a more prominent role.

They did mail it in on this one and everyone can tell.

Back
Top Bottom