Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

No not necessarily, it's a saying.
“Not necessarily”

Exactly what you would say. I know you. Same formula.

1) There’s a discussion going on
2) You chime in
3) Take a passive-aggresive shot (with no meaningful contribution, I might add)
4) Don’t own up to it
5) Give a super vague response to try to sound “deep”

Personally, I’ve always preferred imdb. Not even for reviews, I just liked the format of that site more, overall. Message boards were fun too, until they did away with them

This is why I like you!! I completely agree. And YES, the message boards were awesome. Learned so many things through them. Trivia, behind the scenes info, a few insider secrets and gems. They weren’t nearly as problematic as the ESPN message boards. Now THOSE deserved to be cancelled.

This is why I like you!! I completely agree. And YES, the message boards were awesome. Learned so many things through them. Trivia, behind the scenes info, a few insider secrets and gems. They weren’t nearly as problematic as the ESPN message boards. Now THOSE deserved to be cancelled.
I enjoyed the message board a lot. dunno why they removed it. on the otherhand, one thing that annoyed me are people hijacking the thread out of fanboyism. I remember when Breaking Bad was the talk of the town, every singled thread that has nothing to do with the show was bombarded with messages and promotion about it. so annoying.

You are one the coolest people on earth. I say that with 100 PERCENT gen unity. I’m serious. I don’t believe in phony compliments. I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t mean it. Don’t let anyone ever tell you otherwise

I enjoyed the message board a lot. dunno why they removed it. on the otherhand, one thing that annoyed me are people hijacking the thread out of fanboyism. I remember when Breaking Bad was the talk of the town, every singled thread that has nothing to do with the show was bombarded with messages and promotion about it. so annoying.
I also miss the IMDB message boards where you'd often get tons of great info about movies/shows. Sometimes cast members would even chime in to give you behind the scenes info on what was done well or handled poorly on set. I think your last part is one reason they did away with them along with idiots who have the need to make sexist, racist and other off handed remarks because it makes them feel good inside smh. I'm sure moderation of the board became a huge chore for whoever was in charge in the last few years.

I also miss the IMDB message boards where you'd often get tons of great info about movies/shows. Sometimes cast members would even chime in to give you behind the scenes info on what was done well or handled poorly on set. I think your last part is one reason they did away with them along with idiots who have the need to make sexist, racist and other off handed remarks because it makes them feel good inside smh. I'm sure moderation of the board became a huge chore for whoever was in charge in the last few years.
the info part was really good. sometimes people would talk about how the movie could have been made better and I'm sure that people in the industry were taking notes as well. it was a fun board regardless of the negatives.

You are one the coolest people on earth. I say that with 100 PERCENT gen unity. I’m serious. I don’t believe in phony compliments. I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t mean it. Don’t let anyone ever tell you otherwise

I appreciate the kind words. You’re a good person and I enjoy your contributions to the thread!

Except all these god damn Titanic posts day after day! :lol:
I like my Titanic posts. Or other movie-related posts for that matter. My posts here are made primarily for my own entertainment. It’s just my brain emptying out information on movie-related things that I enjoy.

Most of the gifs on here were actually created by me, because I wasn’t satisfied with what was immediately available to me by a simple google search.

It’s all for my personal enjoyment. But if somebody enjoys them, well that’s a bonus

I like my Titanic posts. Or other movie-related posts for that matter. My posts here are made primarily for my own entertainment. It’s just my brain emptying out information on movie-related things that I enjoy.

Most of the gifs on here were actually created by me, because I wasn’t satisfied with what was immediately available to me by a simple google search.

It’s all for my personal enjoyment. But if somebody enjoys them, well that’s a bonus
My post was tongue in cheek. I dont really mind the posts. It's just funny yall end up coming back to Titanic so often.

Oppenheimer in 70 mm non iMax was pretty cool. I thought the screen would be a little bigger although it was still a very large screen. What was very cool. Was seeing a movie in a theater on film rather than digital and seeing the imperfections and the flickering and the other elements of an actual film projection was really cool. One weird thing was the movie theater itself didn't dim like 100% I thought it would. I don't know if it was a safety feature or if it was something done on purpose but it was by far the brightest theater I've been in and sometime

Had a Paramount Plus trial because I wanted to watch Congo... and caught Transformers Rise of the Beasts today. It wasn't bad ... but it certainly did nothing good. The end was kind of neat but I don't care about that movie franchise either.. I do like the Maximals because I remember watching Beast Wars as a kid.

I do think I'll rewatch Bumblebee.

You just unlocked a memory. I remember arguing with folks on the ESPN message boards, and in comments after games :lol:. Also recall IGN. Def toxic on the ESPN tip lmao. I think we all forgot

Back
Top Bottom