Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

“We’re all locked! Loading team, step away!”
1692285321870.gif

I finally saw Oppenheimer on 70mm IMAX after buying my ticket last month just to secure a good seat.

I thought I was great. Probably the Nolan film since The Dark Knight.

It has a lot of the Nolan features you see in his other films and it looks great as well.

There were so many name actors in this film that I didn't even recognize them until I looked them up in the credits.
Still trying to get to this but every decent seat in 70mm still gets sold by the time I look, crazy. This will slowly get numbers.

Haven't heard anything good about Babylon so outside of the cast I'm not seeing a real reason to spend 3 hrs on this.

Movie was so-so but I recently finished the book (Hollywood Babylon by Kenneth Anger) and that should be required reading for anyone who calls themselves a movie lover.

The movie just fictionalizes and loosely adapts a few (of many) real-life stories in the book. It was seen as gossip at the time, but history has shown a good percentage of the tales to be true.

Was watching a cheesy 80’s horror movie on Tubi called Chopping Mall. It’s supposed to be an underrated cult classic? It was pretty bad, but I guess a fun watch.

Anyways, the legendary Richard Miller makes an awesome cameo! Pretty much plays the exact character from gremlins. Just there to complain about how the new technology sucks :lol:

IMG_2012.jpeg

Chopping Mall is the less-attractive step sister to Night of the Comet (which may also be on Tubi?) Which is kind of a stretch because I didn’t mind Chopping Mall :lol:

Check that out ASAP

Chopping Mall is the less-attractive step sister to Night of the Comet (which may also be on Tubi?) Which is kind of a stretch because I didn’t mind Chopping Mall :lol:

Check that out ASAP

Never heard of that one! Thanks for the heads up. I really did enjoy Chopping Mall for what it was. So bad, but so entertaining :lol:

“People should not be peeking out of their windows at night looking for dinosaurs walking down the street. If you go home and really worry about dinosaurs, you’re in a delusional state.”

-Michael Crichton (1993)

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything good about Babylon so outside of the cast I'm not seeing a real reason to spend 3 hrs on this.
They lost me at COMEDY.
I actually like Pitt in those comedic roles like The Mexican or Bullet Train.
I’m just not in the mood for that kind of content.

was just browsing on Youtube when I chanced on "UP" again. hits hard on the feels especially after going on vacation.

Today's viewing. 7/8

MV5BMTM4NjYyNDEzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTIxNTY0NA@@._V1_.jpg

Remained true to the play, and still ended up being a great movie.

Besides that, Fall is coming...so y'all know what time it is :pimp:

Speaking of Jurassic Park, next week it's in theaters in 3D for the 30th anniversary. Going to surprise my 6 year old and take him before school starts. He doesn't know it's gonna be in theaters and he is a huge Jurassic /dinosaur fiend. I'm talking I have about 50+ dinosaurs around my house, multiple Jurassic Park Legos, dinosaur books, clothes, bedding, cups, you name it :lol: can't wait :pimp:

Jurassic-Park-30th-anniversary-theatrical-rerelease-3D.jpg

Back
Top Bottom