Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Dar Salim is the real deal.
Man, I don’t pay attention to politics and agendas so I couldn’t tell you what we accomplished in the time we spent in Afghanistan.
Seeing this at the end of COVENANT was like a knife to the gut….. we spent 20years and 1month after we’re gone Taliban takes back control? Doesn’t sound like they ever gave up control or that we ever had or wanted it.

IMG_6427.jpeg

IMG_6428.jpeg

IMG_6429.jpeg

The fortitude with the wheelbarrow, pickup truck, dude what a ******* sequence.

The end on the bridge.

You notice the Homelander actor from The Boys? I haven’t seen the show but couldn’t believe it was him.

I thought the same thing.
Rise w/ Franco was so good. The story starting where it did and ending where it did left me wanting more from that world, not the world Dawn picked up in. I’d tried to watch Dawn(pt2) on 4-5 different occasions and just couldn’t buy into that World until today, I sat and watched it with focus and by the second act I was right back invested. Once I started War(pt3) I was immersed and connected to that struggle for both sides, and it delivered. Definitely the best of all 3.
I slept for the longest just like @big j 33 said, it’s slept on.
Yep, that first film got me emotionally invested with most of the characters. The story and character development was amazing. I'd say it was the best of the whole franchise. When they showed that clip in the sequel where he returned home, all that emotion came running back to that moment on the first movie.

Dar Salim is the real deal.
Man, I don’t pay attention to politics and agendas so I couldn’t tell you what we accomplished in the time we spent in Afghanistan.
Seeing this at the end of COVENANT was like a knife to the gut….. we spent 20years and 1month after we’re gone Taliban takes back control? Doesn’t sound like they ever gave up control or that we ever had or wanted it.

IMG_6427.jpeg

IMG_6428.jpeg

IMG_6429.jpeg
it was a wasted endeavor. to be honest, I felt less sympathetic to the Afghans themselves and their government. they were less willing to defend their territory after all the trillions of dollar and training that the U.S. government gave them and they couldn't even hold the country by themselves in less than a week. the U.S. could have invested that money to Ukraine who is willing to fight against someone like Russia. it didn't help that the person whom they elected as their president was reportedly abandoned the country and shipped what was reported to be money or gold with him. that individual would be someone like trump when everything goes crumbling down, he gets out asap.

anything named Blair Witch for me is trash.
First was good, ending of the second one was the only redeeming part of the second. I’m trying to remember the 2016 one and am struggling but I’ve seen it.

Did you see Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 (2000)?

I was 14 when that came out and I remember watching it in the $1.50 cheap theaters. That’s all I remember. In fact, for the longest time I thought i had a fever dream or something and the movie didn’t exist.

But yeah i saw it advertised on Tubi a little while back so I guess it is a real movie, just big trash.

Back
Top Bottom