Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I can’t see the show working. Outside of basketball fans, will everyone want to watch a portrayal of a racist (even if it’s about his downfall)? It’s like when you know somebody’s a racist, and you don’t want to hear them speak about anything from that point on. Don’t think it’ll have mass appeal.

I can’t see the show working. Outside of basketball fans, will everyone want to watch a portrayal of a racist (even if it’s about his downfall)? It’s like when you know somebody’s a racist, and you don’t want to hear them speak about anything from that point on. Don’t think it’ll have mass appeal.
That’s been my feeling since the show was announced. Never had a sense that, unlike with stuff like the OJ trial and the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal, anyone outside devoted NBA fan circles really cared about the Sterling story.

Just got back from Challengers.

I won't go in-depth until some of y'all see it. Let's just say Zendaya carries the movie (beyond the obvious reasons :lol: ) And while the white man/Black woman sexual dynamic has the potential to be troubling, it wasn't AS troubling as I expected. A step in the right direction...I guess?

I feel the performances from both of the male leads paled greatly in comparison to Zendaya's. But maybe that was the point lol

I keep seeing Donald Faison & Zach Braff in commercials and I keep meaning to ask you all: Is Scrubs legit funny and good?
Funny AND good?

I keep seeing Donald Faison & Zach Braff in commercials and I keep meaning to ask you all: Is Scrubs legit funny and good?
Funny AND good?
Yes. You're wasting time with Greys Anatomy when you apparently have the superior medical show still to watch.

IMG_4916.jpeg

I feel like I’m living in 1999 when I wasn’t able to have this experience of seeing it then (I was 7). Theater is packed.

Putting old movies back in theaters is a No brainer.

3?

IMG_4120.gif

“Do you see any Teletubbies in here? Do you see a slender plastic tag clipped to my shirt with my name printed on it? Do you see a little Asian child with a blank expression on his face sitting outside on a mechanical helicopter that shakes when you put quarters in it? No? Well, that's what you see at a toy store. And you must think you're in a toy store, because you're here shopping for an infant named Jeb. Now, one of us has made a gross error... and wasted the other person's valuable time. This is an art gallery, my friend... and this is a piece of art.”

The Mummy is a cinematic masterpiece, to be enjoyed by mature cinematic minds

Back
Top Bottom