Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

whats-a-characters-scene-that-made-you-think-they-just-like-v0-b35yqu005yqc1.jpg

Never saw the 4th one either :lol:, never thought it was necessary at all.

3 was also the last movie that I saw in theatres my sister before she passed and it was the absolute perfect ending so didn't really wanna ruin the poignancy of it

I saw 4. It’s not a bad movie, but feels very lightweight and disposable compared to the other 3. The only things I really remember about it distinctly are that (spoiler alert) the toys are reunited with Bo Peep and the good spork character.

I had tears in my eyes a couple times when I first sat TS3 in the theater, so quite a contrast.

Cars 3 and Toy Story 4 are the most “cash grabby” Pixar movies for sure.

I dunno about that :lol:

He's been on a hell of a run post-covid but I don't think this is the case yet.

For example, could totally see Gosling playing his role in Twister well but I can't really see Powell pulling off Fall Guy.

He's got a ton of charisma/charm but I think that level of gravitas will come in time. Especially on his current trajectory

No 100% if you threw a bunch of up and coming people in Twister without Glen Powell I would’ve waaay deferred

^^^ Saying Gosling’s appeal is mainly “limited to females”’ is taking a very myopic view of his catalog. :smh:
Yea this wasn't a take that I ever heard before he did Barbie :lol:

Had that heartthrob tag for a while but he was never considered a mainly female appeal actor as if he's done nothing but rom-coms :lol:

He's got a very diverse/varied filmography genre wise

I dunno about that :lol:

He's been on a hell of a run post-covid but I don't think this is the case yet.

For example, could totally see Gosling playing his role in Twister well but I can't really see Powell pulling off Fall Guy.

He's got a ton of charisma/charm but I think that level of gravitas will come in time. Especially on his current trajectory

Think they're both very good actors. Still a tad early to label Powell a movie star that draws audiences, but he's certainly been on a heater. Love him, but Gosling isn't really a draw like that. But outside of like Cruise, Denzel and Will Smith there aren't many stars.

Think they're both very good actors. Still a tad early to label Powell a movie star that draws audiences, but he's certainly been on a heater. Love him, but Gosling isn't really a draw like that. But outside of like Cruise, Denzel and Will Smith there aren't many stars.
It felt like Chalamet was the one that they were speed-running to that level for a little while but it definitely feels like Powell's getting the big push now.

He's pretty likeable and has been killing his roles so I don't really have a problem with it either :lol:

Gosling hasn't done enough big money tent poles to be on that echelon but I don't think that's something he's been interested in either. Still have him in the movie star category though, just on a different tier.

You never see those top end leading men ever doing the indie roles that he still does from time to time.

In general I don’t like sex scenes because it severely limits who you can watch a movie or show with. It’s just awkward to ever watch that with family even if it’s just your wife and you (imo). More than that though if i NEVER see a vomit scene again on tv it’ll be too soon. I don’t get why it’s so normalized to show that. I can’t remember the last time i ever saw an adult actually vomitting in public it’s so disgusting to see it on screen. Rant over.

I noticed Hot Ones is on Hulu, so I’ve been going on a binge.

I now love ScarJo and Halle Berry (among others) more than I ever have.

I find it slightly comical how Netflix feels the need to give “warnings” that a movie contains smoking.

101 Dalmations comes with a smoking warning on D+. Keep in mind, it's a movie about a woman who skins dogs and makes coats out of them. What's the more heinous crime here?

Back
Top Bottom