Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So I just watched the Departed...

9/10

Boasting a spectacular cast of Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, and Martin Sheen... this film really is the highlight of the 2000s for Scorcese. I thought everything wrapped up wonderfully... some conspiracy theorists may say that Wahlberg could be "a bad guy", but I highly doubt that. The rat scurrying past the window at the end was meant to represent Damon, sort of like every rat meets their demise. Wahlberg was the only clean one left (since Sheen and Dicaprio "Departed") and the film concludes with good conquering evil.

You really learn to cheer for Dicaprio's character throughout the entire film, and I was really kind of pissed to see him taken out so dirty like that
laugh.gif
then Anthony Anderson, then Chase from 24.
laugh.gif
I was half-expecting to see Jack Bauer storm in their and take off Chase's head for being a part of Costello's crew. But Damon beat him to the punch
laugh.gif

I really, really enjoyed it. The scene with Dicaprio and Damon on the roof, two of the biggest actors of the decade, was awesome to see. I swear we could see it on a poster someday. The scene where Dicaprio was chasing Damon was tantalizing.

I read on the IMBD page that Wahlberg is interested in a sequel or a prequel that would release in 2012... EH! I don't expect it to happen. I swear I heard that they were going to release a sequel in 2009, and obviously that never got off the ground.

Great film. Thank you for the recommendation lawdog and Big J
pimp.gif

So I just watched the Departed...

9/10

Boasting a spectacular cast of Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, and Martin Sheen... this film really is the highlight of the 2000s for Scorcese. I thought everything wrapped up wonderfully... some conspiracy theorists may say that Wahlberg could be "a bad guy", but I highly doubt that. The rat scurrying past the window at the end was meant to represent Damon, sort of like every rat meets their demise. Wahlberg was the only clean one left (since Sheen and Dicaprio "Departed") and the film concludes with good conquering evil.

You really learn to cheer for Dicaprio's character throughout the entire film, and I was really kind of pissed to see him taken out so dirty like that
laugh.gif
then Anthony Anderson, then Chase from 24.
laugh.gif
I was half-expecting to see Jack Bauer storm in their and take off Chase's head for being a part of Costello's crew. But Damon beat him to the punch
laugh.gif

I really, really enjoyed it. The scene with Dicaprio and Damon on the roof, two of the biggest actors of the decade, was awesome to see. I swear we could see it on a poster someday. The scene where Dicaprio was chasing Damon was tantalizing.

I read on the IMBD page that Wahlberg is interested in a sequel or a prequel that would release in 2012... EH! I don't expect it to happen. I swear I heard that they were going to release a sequel in 2009, and obviously that never got off the ground.

pimp.gif

^^^ You're welcome, of course, but recommending a best picture winner directed by Scorcese isn't exactly going out on a limb. Still, glad you enjoyed it.

BTW, I watched New Girl and liked it. It was cool that it wasn't just the Zooey show -- the roommates played a big part and were all pretty solid. I don't know that its something I'm going to insist on watching every week, but I'll probably watch it again.

^^^ You're welcome, of course, but recommending a best picture winner directed by Scorcese isn't exactly going out on a limb. Still, glad you enjoyed it.

BTW, I watched New Girl and liked it. It was cool that it wasn't just the Zooey show -- the roommates played a big part and were all pretty solid. I don't know that its something I'm going to insist on watching every week, but I'll probably watch it again.

Got to Columbiana last weekend, solid flick actually.  It took a few liberties here and there like a grown man pulling out his piece and firing off multiple shots at a random car, standing there talking to his neice to drive his point home, just standing there casually on the sidewalk, sirens approaching in the background, and then just walking on along the street like it's nothing.  Yeah, Chicago cops must be terrible they couldn't find that dude easily. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Other then that though, I liked where it was coming from.  Add this to Johnny's strong female leads list.  I heard it was the writer that did The Professional.  If that is true, you can certainly see similarities between this and that movie.  Almost felt like this was Portman, all grown up now.  (in a sense) 
It wasn't a top film of the year or anything, but certainly worth the one watch, and if you're a fan of Saldana you'll def want to watch it. 

Glad you liked Departed JPZ, that movie gave me hope that great gangster movies are still possible even without DeNiro and Pacino and Pesci etc etc.  I was starting to lose hope, but then that came out, and then The Town, now I'm praying for a real big get together type movie someday.  (which I have talked about in here before) 
Speaking of The Town, Illmatic, you were in the other day discussing Heat, what were your thoughts on The Town?  Did you approve or think it was a cheap knock off or not really think anything of it? 

Got to Columbiana last weekend, solid flick actually.  It took a few liberties here and there like a grown man pulling out his piece and firing off multiple shots at a random car, standing there talking to his neice to drive his point home, just standing there casually on the sidewalk, sirens approaching in the background, and then just walking on along the street like it's nothing.  Yeah, Chicago cops must be terrible they couldn't find that dude easily. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Other then that though, I liked where it was coming from.  Add this to Johnny's strong female leads list.  I heard it was the writer that did The Professional.  If that is true, you can certainly see similarities between this and that movie.  Almost felt like this was Portman, all grown up now.  (in a sense) 
It wasn't a top film of the year or anything, but certainly worth the one watch, and if you're a fan of Saldana you'll def want to watch it. 

Glad you liked Departed JPZ, that movie gave me hope that great gangster movies are still possible even without DeNiro and Pacino and Pesci etc etc.  I was starting to lose hope, but then that came out, and then The Town, now I'm praying for a real big get together type movie someday.  (which I have talked about in here before) 
Speaking of The Town, Illmatic, you were in the other day discussing Heat, what were your thoughts on The Town?  Did you approve or think it was a cheap knock off or not really think anything of it? 

I'm rewatching New Girl right now and I still don't see what some of you see in her. Sure she's attractive, but her monotone voice and lack of facial expressions are to say the least, bothersome. And that stripper scene? She was essentially a dark haired Anna Faris.

One thing I will say in regards to the show, it's very well written and the supporting cast of roommates are promising, although, the transition from Damon Wayans to some other dude could erase all the chemistry that was palpable in the #@*$$%+*# scene.

Oh yeah and the waitress from Always Sunny
smokin.gif

Although the dude she's with is a bootleg Charlie
30t6p3b.gif

I'm rewatching New Girl right now and I still don't see what some of you see in her. Sure she's attractive, but her monotone voice and lack of facial expressions are to say the least, bothersome. And that stripper scene? She was essentially a dark haired Anna Faris.

One thing I will say in regards to the show, it's very well written and the supporting cast of roommates are promising, although, the transition from Damon Wayans to some other dude could erase all the chemistry that was palpable in the #@*$$%+*# scene.

smokin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

The story is basically one of my favorite movies, Leon: The Professional was so acclaimed, that the director decided...we should really make a sequel with this great character Mathilda...something I've wanted for forever.

He writes up the script, starts getting things together, but then this young up and coming actress from Leon and Heat gets a 3-picture deal from George Lucas.
indifferent.gif
You can't fight your agent and that ILM money. He waits on her to do the sequel, but now she's past that. The script just sits there stinkin, and one day this dude Megaton takes a look at it, yanks some pieces, grabs stuff from Nikita and makes Columbiana. http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...na_partly_inspired_from_luc_bessons_professi/((His words)) And that new girl, who I think really woulda blown up from a sequel to Leon, needed V For Vendetta to get her dignity back and had to wait a decade for Black Swan.

But yea...Columbiana felt like a 90s throwback. It was deadup bootleg of Nikita and Leon for the first 40 min. Zoe didn't even show up til after that, but she was straight
devil.gif
. My dudes Vaughn from Alias and sun addict from Sunshine rolled through too. Nice cast, really bad writing, bad guys sucked. Zoe was ready to kick @%$ and make this real good, but they didn't have %$%# for her to do.

So yeah...cliffs: #+** George Lucas and Zoe could hold down a real action movie.

And JRS, New Girl feels a lot like Happy Endings, except worse all around with a weaker cast. Damon Wayans Jr. kills it on Happy Endings though.

I finally need to get on Always Sunny...only seen a few here and there.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

The story is basically one of my favorite movies, Leon: The Professional was so acclaimed, that the director decided...we should really make a sequel with this great character Mathilda...something I've wanted for forever.

He writes up the script, starts getting things together, but then this young up and coming actress from Leon and Heat gets a 3-picture deal from George Lucas.
indifferent.gif
You can't fight your agent and that ILM money. He waits on her to do the sequel, but now she's past that. The script just sits there stinkin, and one day this dude Megaton takes a look at it, yanks some pieces, grabs stuff from Nikita and makes Columbiana. http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...na_partly_inspired_from_luc_bessons_professi/((His words)) And that new girl, who I think really woulda blown up from a sequel to Leon, needed V For Vendetta to get her dignity back and had to wait a decade for Black Swan.

But yea...Columbiana felt like a 90s throwback. It was deadup bootleg of Nikita and Leon for the first 40 min. Zoe didn't even show up til after that, but she was straight
devil.gif
. My dudes Vaughn from Alias and sun addict from Sunshine rolled through too. Nice cast, really bad writing, bad guys sucked. Zoe was ready to kick @%$ and make this real good, but they didn't have %$%# for her to do.

So yeah...cliffs: #+** George Lucas and Zoe could hold down a real action movie.

And JRS, New Girl feels a lot like Happy Endings, except worse all around with a weaker cast. Damon Wayans Jr. kills it on Happy Endings though.

I finally need to get on Always Sunny...only seen a few here and there.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

smokin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

The dude she's with IS Charlie
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

smokin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

The dude she's with IS Charlie
laugh.gif

I @#$%^& hate George Lucas. 

MrO just reminded me again, even though not for that reason.  I was pumped for Nat to be in I-III, I just thought someone smarter than a 3 year old was writing the scripts. 
sick.gif

Don't let me find you in the streets George. 

I @#$%^& hate George Lucas. 

MrO just reminded me again, even though not for that reason.  I was pumped for Nat to be in I-III, I just thought someone smarter than a 3 year old was writing the scripts. 
sick.gif

Don't let me find you in the streets George. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
...imagining Jack (in character) make his first appearance in the film at that point has me dying.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Wait.  You needed a recommendation to see The Departed?!
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
...imagining Jack (in character) make his first appearance in the film at that point has me dying.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Wait.  You needed a recommendation to see The Departed?!
indifferent.gif

I watched Smokin' Aces and The Departed last night and immediately wanted to go shoot someone.

grabbed Setup from the redbox... thought "ok, Bruce Willis, Phillipe... probably worth $1."  i immediately wanted to shoot myself.

I watched Smokin' Aces and The Departed last night and immediately wanted to go shoot someone.

grabbed Setup from the redbox... thought "ok, Bruce Willis, Phillipe... probably worth $1."  i immediately wanted to shoot myself.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Is Setup the one written by 50 Cent or something like that?  Friend of mine was just tellin me 50 has a movie with Bruce Willis in it and he couldn't figure out how the hell that happened, he said the movie was complete garbage and Bruce should retire. 
roll.gif

Bruce must be on that Nic Cage plan of movie roles to take. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Is Setup the one written by 50 Cent or something like that?  Friend of mine was just tellin me 50 has a movie with Bruce Willis in it and he couldn't figure out how the hell that happened, he said the movie was complete garbage and Bruce should retire. 
roll.gif

Bruce must be on that Nic Cage plan of movie roles to take. 
laugh.gif

yes, it was awful.  there were two previews on the dvd for two more movies with 50 that looked like the same exact movies.
laugh.gif
  Bruce was good, of course... but it was a horrible, horrible movie.

yes, it was awful.  there were two previews on the dvd for two more movies with 50 that looked like the same exact movies.
laugh.gif
  Bruce was good, of course... but it was a horrible, horrible movie.

All these new shows out is great, just gotta wonder what's gonna stick around.

I missed Up All Night with Arnet and Applegate, def wanna see that.

- 2 Broke Girls started off really slow but picked up great halfway through and then all the way to the end, I love Kat Dennings.
- The New Girl with Zooey also wasn't that great to start but was solid towards the end.
- The new 2 1/2 men was wack, Kutcher is annoying and is a slightly more intellegent Kelso.
- I do want to check out Whitney Cummings new show today, looks pretty funny. She's also a co writer of 2 Broke Girls

But the best news obviously - Community and Parks and Recreation are back tomorrow.

All these new shows out is great, just gotta wonder what's gonna stick around.

I missed Up All Night with Arnet and Applegate, def wanna see that.

- 2 Broke Girls started off really slow but picked up great halfway through and then all the way to the end, I love Kat Dennings.
- The New Girl with Zooey also wasn't that great to start but was solid towards the end.
- The new 2 1/2 men was wack, Kutcher is annoying and is a slightly more intellegent Kelso.
- I do want to check out Whitney Cummings new show today, looks pretty funny. She's also a co writer of 2 Broke Girls

But the best news obviously - Community and Parks and Recreation are back tomorrow.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

roll.gif
I lasted 3 minutes of watching, 2 minutes of ffwd til that %%%% was deleted.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom