Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'm on my second episode of Breaking Bad.

This show is wild!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

"So right now...what I need...is for you to clime down out of my !@@.  Can you do that?  Will you do that for me, honey?  Will you please? Just once?"
laugh.gif

I'm on my second episode of Breaking Bad.

This show is wild!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

"So right now...what I need...is for you to clime down out of my !@@.  Can you do that?  Will you do that for me, honey?  Will you please? Just once?"
laugh.gif

I don't even want to find new shows that I like right now. Too many to keep up with already.

Two episodes of Breaking Bad left on Netflix. About to handle that right now.

I don't even want to find new shows that I like right now. Too many to keep up with already.

Two episodes of Breaking Bad left on Netflix. About to handle that right now.

When you say 'two episodes left', do you mean that you have 2 episodes until you're caught up with the rest of us? Meaning, you have the last 2 weeks' episodes to catch up on?

If so, then yeah, what MrO said.
laugh.gif

venom: I never saw an episode of the Sopranos till last year, and I saw the whole series when AMC aired the whole thing, from pilot to finale. Thought it was alright. Not great. Definitely underwhelmed with how it ended, no doubt. DEFINITELY had some moments where I shed a single tear over who got popped.
laugh.gif

When you say 'two episodes left', do you mean that you have 2 episodes until you're caught up with the rest of us? Meaning, you have the last 2 weeks' episodes to catch up on?

If so, then yeah, what MrO said.
laugh.gif

venom: I never saw an episode of the Sopranos till last year, and I saw the whole series when AMC aired the whole thing, from pilot to finale. Thought it was alright. Not great. Definitely underwhelmed with how it ended, no doubt. DEFINITELY had some moments where I shed a single tear over who got popped.
laugh.gif

Man, effing 30 Rock is effing HILARIOUS.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know why I always catch onto stuff mad late.
laugh.gif
Feels weird that I actually stayed current w/ LOST and doing the same w/ Breaking Bad.
laugh.gif

Man, effing 30 Rock is effing HILARIOUS.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know why I always catch onto stuff mad late.
laugh.gif
Feels weird that I actually stayed current w/ LOST and doing the same w/ Breaking Bad.
laugh.gif

You guys are gonna @#$% around and make me watch Breaking Bad. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Like I don't have enough on my plate.  @#$% 
laugh.gif

Dub, Simpsons could get iced due to contract issues? 
nerd.gif
  They want the actors to take a FORTY FIVE percent pay cut?  Who runs the Simpsons, NBA owners?  (bad joke, I know, couldn't let it go)

Same as Dexter. 
eek.gif
  Michael C Hall wants 24 mil over 2 more seasons, they only want to offer 20 mil.  I guess that means they settle at 22 and keep it moving, but I am more than surprised they are gonna try and get to a season 8.  I can only imagine the fall off talk over that one.  Even I might start beggin to pull the plug. 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
  They want the actors to take a FORTY FIVE percent pay cut?  Who runs the Simpsons, NBA owners?  (bad joke, I know, couldn't let it go)

Same as Dexter. 
eek.gif
  Michael C Hall wants 24 mil over 2 more seasons, they only want to offer 20 mil.  I guess that means they settle at 22 and keep it moving, but I am more than surprised they are gonna try and get to a season 8.  I can only imagine the fall off talk over that one.  Even I might start beggin to pull the plug. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Same as Dexter. 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Honestly, it might be time to start closing things up and getting ready for a few movies. Most of the actors are already losing their voices, and the writing has been more sideways than up or down. Episodes are still decent, but the great ones are too far in between. I just hope whatever takes their spot isn't affiliated with Seth MacFarlane.

Originally Posted by CP1708

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Same as Dexter. 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Honestly, it might be time to start closing things up and getting ready for a few movies. Most of the actors are already losing their voices, and the writing has been more sideways than up or down. Episodes are still decent, but the great ones are too far in between. I just hope whatever takes their spot isn't affiliated with Seth MacFarlane.

Showtime will cave and meet Hall's demands. The show debuted to its highest ratings ever I believe. So long as season 7 sets up Dexter being exposed/caught, and we get all of season 8 to deal with that, I'm happy. But if it's another two seasons of someone getting close to Dexter, then he gets away somehow, I'm disappointed.

For a cable show, 8 seasons is a long time, at that point it's more about commercial success.. not that I totally blame them, though.
Edit: 
[h1]Would ‘The Simpsons’ Be Worth More DeadOr Alive?[/h1]

RBC Capital Markets analyst David Bank raises that intriguing question in a report today based on some back-of-the-envelope calculations. He says Fox has been hamstrung by a 17-year-old deal that limits syndication to local TV stations. “At the time, cable was a relatively insignificant contributor to major off-network syndication revenues; but over the ensuing years, cable grew to be as big an opportunity as (if not bigger than) local broadcast,

Showtime will cave and meet Hall's demands. The show debuted to its highest ratings ever I believe. So long as season 7 sets up Dexter being exposed/caught, and we get all of season 8 to deal with that, I'm happy. But if it's another two seasons of someone getting close to Dexter, then he gets away somehow, I'm disappointed.

For a cable show, 8 seasons is a long time, at that point it's more about commercial success.. not that I totally blame them, though.
Edit: 
[h1]Would ‘The Simpsons’ Be Worth More DeadOr Alive?[/h1]

RBC Capital Markets analyst David Bank raises that intriguing question in a report today based on some back-of-the-envelope calculations. He says Fox has been hamstrung by a 17-year-old deal that limits syndication to local TV stations. “At the time, cable was a relatively insignificant contributor to major off-network syndication revenues; but over the ensuing years, cable grew to be as big an opportunity as (if not bigger than) local broadcast,

500 episodes of one tv show.......wow.  I have never gotten into the Simpsons, I have heard how great they are, and seen a few episodes myself here and there, but 20+ years, and 500 shows, that's just insane. 

I was kinda stunned by that Dexter number.  Tellin me that after the season 4 cliffhanger, less people tuned in for season 5, than 6? 
ohwell.gif
  That makes like ZERO sense to me. 
laugh.gif
  But whatever.  And I agree J, the end is near and we need to get it done right.  No more close but no cigar, I wanna see him have to face everybody and explain that the whole time he's been a killing machine in the background.  I want to see if Deb would forgive and go along with it, knowing he only goes after "bad" folks. 
laugh.gif
  I want that dynamic. Set it up in 7, knock it down in 8.  Just hope they cave like you said and not cancel the show without a proper finish. 

500 episodes of one tv show.......wow.  I have never gotten into the Simpsons, I have heard how great they are, and seen a few episodes myself here and there, but 20+ years, and 500 shows, that's just insane. 

I was kinda stunned by that Dexter number.  Tellin me that after the season 4 cliffhanger, less people tuned in for season 5, than 6? 
ohwell.gif
  That makes like ZERO sense to me. 
laugh.gif
  But whatever.  And I agree J, the end is near and we need to get it done right.  No more close but no cigar, I wanna see him have to face everybody and explain that the whole time he's been a killing machine in the background.  I want to see if Deb would forgive and go along with it, knowing he only goes after "bad" folks. 
laugh.gif
  I want that dynamic. Set it up in 7, knock it down in 8.  Just hope they cave like you said and not cancel the show without a proper finish. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Recently I've gone back and rewatched The Sopranos. The series debuted in 1999 and ended in 2007, I watched it on and off in that time, but if I started watching it when it debuted I would have not appreciated it, due to age.

Now I'm watching it and loving it, in the middle of season 4, and I understand why it was mesmerizing to those who were older and that's all they talked about.

You really hate some characters with a passion and just want them to get clipped. Anyone else watch The Sopranos after it ended?
I have re-watched single episodes that are my favorities from time to time after the series ended, but haven't watched the whole series all the way through again.  My dad, however, rewatches the series every few months it seems.  Needless to say, he's a pretty big fan. 

Back
Top Bottom