Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Big J 33:
I hope you're pleased to be incorrect in this case
laugh.gif

Yerpderp
laugh.gif

Thanks.

Nos, about High Tension...

Spoiler [+]
The twist at the end was awesome, but there was absolutely no way I was suppose to realize that she was the killer throughout the movie, right? I mean, I guess there were indications that she was smitten with her friend, but none that she was doing the slaughtering. In any case, the first hour-plus was pretty rough. I didn't hate it; average or so horror/thriller... good enough for me. Probably not something I would recommend, though.

Nos, about High Tension...

Spoiler [+]
The twist at the end was awesome, but there was absolutely no way I was suppose to realize that she was the killer throughout the movie, right? I mean, I guess there were indications that she was smitten with her friend, but none that she was doing the slaughtering. In any case, the first hour-plus was pretty rough. I didn't hate it; average or so horror/thriller... good enough for me. Probably not something I would recommend, though.

Spoilers about High Tension. Skip if you havent seen it.

Right (about the first thing you said). There's really not a lot to indicate it, even after I've gone back and looked for little hints or clues. But there's a few instances, mostly "her" never actually being in the same room as others as the killer goes throughout doing his thing. Always hiding somewhere. Some things dont make sense, like most horrors, but I can overlook those things (her having the strength to murk the father like she did, being in the back of the truck with her friend as the killer's driving?, cant remember anymore, but those 2 are big for me).

/spoilers

It is a rough movie, but I still like it. Not my favorite female-centered horror last decade (The Descent wins that... just watched that tonight actually), but it was good enough with a nice twist that it stays on my list. Nothing I'd own, but I do recommend it for the ending and gore.

Spoilers about High Tension. Skip if you havent seen it.

Right (about the first thing you said). There's really not a lot to indicate it, even after I've gone back and looked for little hints or clues. But there's a few instances, mostly "her" never actually being in the same room as others as the killer goes throughout doing his thing. Always hiding somewhere. Some things dont make sense, like most horrors, but I can overlook those things (her having the strength to murk the father like she did, being in the back of the truck with her friend as the killer's driving?, cant remember anymore, but those 2 are big for me).

/spoilers

It is a rough movie, but I still like it. Not my favorite female-centered horror last decade (The Descent wins that... just watched that tonight actually), but it was good enough with a nice twist that it stays on my list. Nothing I'd own, but I do recommend it for the ending and gore.

Maybe it's because I watched all 46 episodes in the past three weeks, but I can't stop thinking about Breaking Bad. I'm about to start writing fan fiction and !+%*.
30t6p3b.gif

Maybe it's because I watched all 46 episodes in the past three weeks, but I can't stop thinking about Breaking Bad. I'm about to start writing fan fiction and !+%*.
30t6p3b.gif

Watched two movies last night with some friends... neither were that great. However, both were movies that had in some way or another peaked my interest in the past.

The Strangers
Thirty minutes into this... I was like, eh. I'm waiting... I'm waiting for something to make me jump. Then, damn. When Potato Mask was just staring at Liv Tyler when she was on the phone
eek.gif
, when James shot his best friend in the head
30t6p3b.gif
, when James is run down in the woods, etc. At the end, when they took turns stabbing Kirsten and James to death I was like, "Damn. This movie is !$%%#% up." But that was part of the reason I was able to tolerate it, no one got away. Oh wait, the girl was still alive at the end
eyes.gif
Would have been so much better if she hadn't survived. No happy points for the couple the entire film, just pure evil enforced by three people where there was no hope for the unsuspecting couple.

Saw that the movie had a 9 million dollar budget and grossed 83 million in the box office, so it was a success, but they left something on the table that could have set this film apart from others.

5/10

Valkyrie
Another average Tom Cruise flick. I couldn't help but laugh that an entire movie based on Nazi's, people in Germany, nobody else other than those two parties.... was in English.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yes, I realize it's an American movie so I guess I expected that, but still it's like "Are you serious with this...?"
laugh.gif

Tom Cruise was alright, the performance I was actually impressed by was General Fromm played by Tom Wilkinson. I couldn't believe how much the actor that played Adolph Hitler actually looked like Adolph Hitler
eek.gif
eek.gif
I was taken aback by that. There's a little pride there, but also, how much would that suck if you know that all dressed up you are the %@@#@@* spitting image of a the most effective but menacing dictator in the history of time? Ouch.
laugh.gif

4/10

Watched two movies last night with some friends... neither were that great. However, both were movies that had in some way or another peaked my interest in the past.

The Strangers
Thirty minutes into this... I was like, eh. I'm waiting... I'm waiting for something to make me jump. Then, damn. When Potato Mask was just staring at Liv Tyler when she was on the phone
eek.gif
, when James shot his best friend in the head
30t6p3b.gif
, when James is run down in the woods, etc. At the end, when they took turns stabbing Kirsten and James to death I was like, "Damn. This movie is !$%%#% up." But that was part of the reason I was able to tolerate it, no one got away. Oh wait, the girl was still alive at the end
eyes.gif
Would have been so much better if she hadn't survived. No happy points for the couple the entire film, just pure evil enforced by three people where there was no hope for the unsuspecting couple.

Saw that the movie had a 9 million dollar budget and grossed 83 million in the box office, so it was a success, but they left something on the table that could have set this film apart from others.

5/10

Valkyrie
Another average Tom Cruise flick. I couldn't help but laugh that an entire movie based on Nazi's, people in Germany, nobody else other than those two parties.... was in English.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yes, I realize it's an American movie so I guess I expected that, but still it's like "Are you serious with this...?"
laugh.gif

Tom Cruise was alright, the performance I was actually impressed by was General Fromm played by Tom Wilkinson. I couldn't believe how much the actor that played Adolph Hitler actually looked like Adolph Hitler
eek.gif
eek.gif
I was taken aback by that. There's a little pride there, but also, how much would that suck if you know that all dressed up you are the %@@#@@* spitting image of a the most effective but menacing dictator in the history of time? Ouch.
laugh.gif

4/10

BestBuy has that program where you bring in any DVD and get a $5 off coupon for certain Blu Rays again....Some decent titles will be $5 after they apply the discount....there is a 5 dvd trade in limit per person per day...

Went today with my gf and my friend and got...
The Big Lebowski-$15
Halloween- $5
Friday the 13th-$5
Friday Night Lights-$5
Twister-$5
Boondock Saints-$5
Ferris Buellers Day Off-$5
Mrs. Doubtfire-$5

If any of you go there will probably be mass confusion on what will work bc BestBuy is unorganized as @%@*.....here is a list of the titles that it will work on
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...ies&nrp=50&iht=n

BestBuy has that program where you bring in any DVD and get a $5 off coupon for certain Blu Rays again....Some decent titles will be $5 after they apply the discount....there is a 5 dvd trade in limit per person per day...

Went today with my gf and my friend and got...
The Big Lebowski-$15
Halloween- $5
Friday the 13th-$5
Friday Night Lights-$5
Twister-$5
Boondock Saints-$5
Ferris Buellers Day Off-$5
Mrs. Doubtfire-$5

If any of you go there will probably be mass confusion on what will work bc BestBuy is unorganized as @%@*.....here is a list of the titles that it will work on
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...ies&nrp=50&iht=n

I just saw High Tension I figured out when the cops arrived at the store and then they play the film.
laugh.gif
The ending with the saw
sick.gif

I just saw High Tension I figured out when the cops arrived at the store and then they play the film.
laugh.gif
The ending with the saw
sick.gif

Yo JRP, can you put more than 1 DVD towards buying a blu? Last time they did this I could only put 1 dvd to 1 blu. Couldnt even trade in R rated movies
30t6p3b.gif

Yo JRP, can you put more than 1 DVD towards buying a blu? Last time they did this I could only put 1 dvd to 1 blu. Couldnt even trade in R rated movies
30t6p3b.gif

Watched last week's America Horror Story today, really freaking weird but interesting as hell like you all said. The younger version of the maid
pimp.gif

Watched last week's America Horror Story today, really freaking weird but interesting as hell like you all said. The younger version of the maid
pimp.gif

Noskey...you can only use 1 coupon per blu ray...you can't stack them...so if you trade in 2 DVDs you can't put them both to a $10 Blu and get it for free

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

pimp.gif

Can't wait for tonight's to see if we get some sort of sense of where this is all going.  LOVED the first ep.

Noskey...you can only use 1 coupon per blu ray...you can't stack them...so if you trade in 2 DVDs you can't put them both to a $10 Blu and get it for free

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

pimp.gif

Can't wait for tonight's to see if we get some sort of sense of where this is all going.  LOVED the first ep.

Back
Top Bottom