Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched This is 40 today, Good film with a harsh authenticity sprinkled with funny moments and a great running LOST joke

Aight, when does this come out?

Last edited:
Where in California you staying at CP?

In Sacramento, goin to 9ers/Dolphins tomorrow. Went to my hometown today. :hat
:hat You are from Sac 8o

Hell no, my friend from school lives in Sac now, I used to live out near Modesto. Game was cool today, even tho we lost again. :{
I feel ya dog.

I'm gonna wait to watch Homeland on my OnDemand so I can watch it in HD because apparently I don't get Showtime on HD :{

I'm a few minutes into Homeland now...... and I am ready for Carrie to die. Her eyes makes me wants to punch a puppy. Dana needs to get her *** beat by Brody. Chris is probably my favorite character of the family, he's like a white boy version of Javale McGee.

I swear to God..... Carrie's eyes get more and more bat **** crazy by the minute :{ what the hell!

After being held captive by the most notorious terrorist on the planet.... why wouldn't the hold Carrie for debriefing and all that :{ :{ :{

The Prestige is a top 10 movie of all-time. 

I don't know about all that but it's a classic and Nolan's best.

Claire Daines was supposed to have Natalie portman's career. It all went downhill starting with the mod squad

Last edited:
After being held captive by the most notorious terrorist on the planet.... why wouldn't the hold Carrie for debriefing and all that :{ :{ :{
Cuz Nazir was still at large. From what they show since the car crash she was up the entire time and then dipped early to look for Nazir again when she was told to go rest. I agree it should've been mentioned but it seems Estes was more focused on jamming up Saul.

Last edited:
The Prestige is a top 10 movie of all-time. 

I don't know about all that but it's a classic and Nolan's best.
This. I love, absolutely LOVE this movie. Yall seen Perfume? Great movie as well.

Cuz Nazir was still at large. From what they show since the car crash she was up the entire time and then dipped early to look for Nazir again when she was told to go rest. I agree it should've been mentioned but it seems Estes was more focused on jamming up Saul.
I know what you're saying, but I would assume after something this big happened they'd be borderline interrogating her on info. All that happened was Quin asking a question or two on how she got away

Carrie is so damn annoying! The season finale should be interesting though.
I am willfully put this in spoilers
Hopefully Quin misses and hits Carrie instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either put it in spoilers or take it to the Homeland thread
Nah its not a spoiler, it was in the preview for next weeks episode, but I'll do it under my own will as to not upset you sir and not because you told me to do it

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a spoiler for those of us who haven't caught up on season 2

Everyone needs to be careful about the TV spoliers in here. That damn newest post thing can get annoying

Just watched both Kill Bills, Vol. 1 & 2....

Love Tarantino, so watching these movies was a must for me regardless of the fact that (outside of rare cases, like Black Swan), I'm biased against movies with a woman lead. Call me sexist, I don't care. Anyway, the action in the first movie was ******g INSANE. :eek The scene in the restaurant when Black Mamba was going up against the 17-year old and Lucy Liu, just heart-pumping. The gore though :lol ... So over-the-top, had to be on purpose. :rollin I knew these movies were gonna be something I had never seen before when Vivica A. Fox tried shooting through a gotdamn cereal box. :lol

Uma Thurman played a cold-hearted *****, and I loved it. I really hadn't seen her in much despite outside of Pulp Fiction despite her being a mainstream name throughout the 2000s, but she was so right for the part. David Carradine as Bill... I just really enjoyed listening to him speak. His character had an awesome way of telling stories, and his speeches at the fire, outside of the rehearsal ceremony, and after giving her the truth serum, were in short: gargantuanly awesome. :smokin

I would probably say I enjoyed Vol. 2 a little bit more, but it's because I like Michael Madsen in ANYTHING he's in (Donnie Brasco, Reservoir Dogs, Tilt, etc.) and I became a fan of David Carradine. 8o Just because the dude likes to jack off in a fatal manner doesn't mean I can't like his acting. :lol

Last edited:
The music for those two films is amazing and just crazy inventive. It's why I'll give RZA's movie a shot even though people said it wasn't so good.

It's wild that Tarantino's really gonna be done making movies soon.

There was a director's roundtable a few days ago on THR with him, Affleck, Ang Lee, Gus Van Sant...you just reminded me to watch that. I get the feeling like Django Unchained is gonna be at a Kill Bill level of ridiculous.

I know what you're saying, but I would assume after something this big happened they'd be borderline interrogating her on info. All that happened was Quin asking a question or two on how she got away
No lie, I get this underlying feeling that everybody she's working with but Saul and those two spycam dudes think Carrie is bat **** crazy first before they think she has anything credible to bring to the table. Given her condition most of what she says is questionable even when she ends up being right. We saw some of that with Quinn. I think he didn't even believe Nazir was ever there or he left hours ago. So I think Estes being the dude in charge just said forget that crazy *****.

Last edited:
The music for those two films is amazing and just crazy inventive. It's why I'll give RZA's movie a shot even though people said it wasn't so good.
It's wild that Tarantino's really gonna be done making movies soon.
There was a director's roundtable a few days ago on THR with him, Affleck, Ang Lee, Gus Van Sant...you just reminded me to watch that. I get the feeling like Django Unchained is gonna be at a Kill Bill level of ridiculous.

He's going to be done making movies soon? 8o

He said he wants to put out 10 good/solid movies and then call it a career.

I think Django will be his 7th.

Or something along those lines (he said it on Howard the other day and has said it in the past)

Back
Top Bottom