Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Sooo all the Seals in this movie are real Seals? How the hell did these non actors do such a not terrible job?

Kiss my *** Chester. (when you look up from your ****** maps to laugh at me in here) :lol:

200px-Jjportrait.jpg

Caught "This is 40."

Overall, it wasn't bad, but it was definitely more of a drama than a comedy. There were funny parts here and there, but in terms of it being as funny as any of the previous Apatow films? Ehh, not really. It's not a bad film, it's just probably one of his weakest, in terms of how funny it was.

There's so much yelling in the film that me and my girl both had a slight headache after watching it, and the sound was relatively soft in my theater, that's how bad it was. :lol:

Getting to watch someone play with Megan Fox's boobs was fun, though. :lol:

I'm not sure if it's your thing, but Leslie Mann gets naked in it a few times too.

It was enjoyable, but not memorable. I was slightly disappointed, but oh well. It's still a solid film. It's below 40YOV and Knocked Up for me personally.

It's probably a double

Uhh, no, it's definitely not a double. :lol: I don't see how anyways.

I won't ruin the scenes, but if they ain't hers, it's because they digitally removed them.

Both scenes you see them in, she's talking quite a bit, and in one of them, there's a solo-shot of her torso for a while.

EDIT: Just saw that something similar was done in The Change-Up. My bad, didn't care to watch that, looked terrible. :lol:

Last edited:
Well, the way she put it...she didn't know she had to put that anti-stretch mark cream on the back, when she had her last kid, so... :lol:

I'll just say if they did digitally replace her breasts, I'm impressed. :lol: Fooled me.

I'd still pay top dollar to see Megan Fox's goods, digitally replaced or not. :smokin

Kind of disappointing news about This is 40, but I'm not surprised. Apatow's movies have generally been moving in a more serious direction since Knocked Up. Plus, the subject matter of the film just lends itself to more serious stuff. I still plan to check it out though. Since I'm married with a kid and getting closer to 40 than I'd like to admit, I think I'm going to find a lot of things about the movie very relatable.

^^^ Pretty sure I'm older than CP. I actually take some bizarre pride in being one of the older dudes on the board. I know I've gotten better with age, so I'm good with being old in NTer terms.

I have been waiting for A Place Behind the Pines since it was announced last year, and that trailer really looks fantastic.

Cianfrance/Gosling are a great duo.

I feel like Gosling is in so many movies. :lol:

My friend asked me to see Django Unchained at midnight on Christmas Eve. :smh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom