Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Portlandia marathon from 7pm to 12am on IFC. Then Poltergeist is On at 12am and you already heard how much I love it.

Just a heads up. Def need to catch up on portlandia. S happy the days of the VCR are over.

Wanted to watch a movie before I started drinking, so just popped in Five Minutes of Heaven starring Liam Neeson. It's somewhat of an unheard of IFC Film, but it won the directing award at Sundance a few years back. Anyone seen it?
Loved this. Really cool introspective movie dealing with one guy's personal issues dated back in the past due to the actions of someone else with an added dose of the modern day reality show.

James Nesbitt does his thing 8)

From what I recall the fight scene was real :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
You guys should check out BBC series Orphan Black...holy **** its entertaining.

I love BBC style of shows. It ***** on the US imo
I'm watching the 3rd ep of Orphan Black now. I'm digging it and Tatiana is fine as hell in this with all these different looks.

Premise reminds me a bit of Akumetsu.

After watching two eps of Defiance I don't know why SyFy okayed this as a series. Seemed much more like the B/C grade movies they tend to air.
When you guys finish the latest ep. (#4)  I have a question about the clones...
Wassup?
who do you think is the original?  I'm thinking it's Sarah

also, do you think Felix might have a clone too since he and Sarah grew up together.

Do you think that was Paul picking up Helena at the end of the episode?
i'm hooked

Last edited:
You guys should check out BBC series Orphan Black...holy **** its entertaining.

I love BBC style of shows. It ***** on the US imo
I'm watching the 3rd ep of Orphan Black now. I'm digging it and Tatiana is fine as hell in this with all these different looks.

Premise reminds me a bit of Akumetsu.

After watching two eps of Defiance I don't know why SyFy okayed this as a series. Seemed much more like the B/C grade movies they tend to air.
When you guys finish the latest ep. (#4)  I have a question about the clones...

Wassup?

who do you think is the original?  I'm thinking it's Sarah
also, do you think Felix might have a clone too since he and Sarah grew up together.

Do you think that was Paul picking up Helena at the end of the episode?
i'm hooked
Nah, I'm thinking the original is already dead or if alive isn't even from Europe. I feel it's gonna be a sad story for the original or maybe the original was genetically engineered and then cloned or the original is the scientist that then cloned herself.

Doubt Felix has a clone even if Sarah is the original. They've stated repeatedly that they're foster brother and sister and that she doesn't know exactly when she became a foster kid.

Not sure about Paul doubt it was him that'd be too wild. May be a completely separate plot thread they're creating with whatever he did to the actual Beth.

For now, 4 eps in, I'm along for the ride not developing any theories yet. Interested on who picked up Helena and who semi-brainwashed her in to killing some of the other clones.

^This is what has me thinking Sarah is the original

The birth certificates of all the clones are 1 month after Sarah's bday

When she tells Allison that she has a daughter, Allison seems shocked that Sarah's daughter is hers biologically and not adopted like her children

has me thinking maybe the clones can't reproduce

^This is what has me thinking Sarah is the original
The birth certificates of all the clones are 1 month after Sarah's bday
When she tells Allison that she has a daughter, Allison seems shocked that Sarah's daughter is hers biologically and not adopted like her children
has me thinking maybe the clones can't reproduce
Well if it's revealed the clones are barren or their tubes are tied and can't have kids then yeah she's the OG but they could go in a different direction like she's a an enhanced/better clone that is capable of bearing children.

I thought doctor who is like 30 seasons?
I guess it's kinda like British Star Trek, where they stopped making it for 20 yrs or something, but now this is the "Next Generation."

Last edited:
He's actually a recovering alcoholic for about 20 years I believe... he's just awesome with his female guests

[/VIDEO

There's 13 videos of this :lol:

Last edited:
Saw Tinker Tailor earlier today or yesterday for the first time.

It was okay. Just okay. For a movie that had Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, and Colin Firth in it and was a spy movie I expected more or better yet I expected something else for the most part so I guess that was a bit on me. Gave me a Downton Abbey feeling with the mood/pacing of it all.

Given the location being England it'd be better to say this film was quaint. It's one of those quiet films. It had all the 2nd guessing, shady double agents, the tense but short spying scenes, and the overall complexity of what a spy movie entails but it's clear it was not going for the action part yet at the same time it avoided any of the bueracratic stuff and really stuck to the core of the premise throughout. Gotta pay attention and you'll probably have to watch twice to be sure who was who name wise (I had to wait for credits to keep all the names mentioned straight cuz at a key point it got confusing). At points it was pretty depressing when you learn a little more about Oldman's character and Hardy's character's storyline. In the end it leaves you thinking that life is not something you'd want or even what the main character wants given the position he has in the end, really one of those callings dealing with doing what you think is right and duty and all that.

Last edited:
Never heard of this Wahlberg/Crowe film called Broken City until a couple hours ago.

So giving it a watch now.

I watched 12 Angry Men last night.

That move is excellent. They definitely don't make them like that anymore.

On another note, a few of my friends and myself have started writing down and making a record of every film that we watch for the year.
I honestly have no intention of seeing 12 angry men since it's so old, but what did you like about it?

Also why are you making a record of the movies that you watch?

If you need an easier way to keep track of the movies that you've watched, use imdb.com to make a watchlist.

I guess it's kinda like British Star Trek, where they stopped making it for 20 yrs or something, but now this is the "Next Generation."

um who is this and what is this from?

woke the dong up for a few seconds...:nerd:

Alice Eve. Star Trek 2. She Australian.

Never heard of this Wahlberg/Crowe film called Broken City until a couple hours ago.

So giving it a watch now.

I'm sorry.

Here's an alternate ending to Silver Linings Playbook. Link
It's kinda like an after credits type of thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom