Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I can't really figure out why Maggie Gyllenhall is sexy, but she is. Watching Stranger Than Fiction on cable. Good movie.

Saw Mud this past weekend, thought it was really good. McConaughey was been on a nice stretch since 2011 with The Lincoln Lawyer, Bernie, Killer Joe, Magic Mike, and now Mud. He's still got The Wolf of Wall Street with Marty, Dallas Buyer's Club which sounds interesting, and just got casted in Nolan's Interstellar. I always thought he was much better then all those rom-coms he was in for a while.

I can't really figure out why Maggie Gyllenhall is sexy, but she is. Watching Stranger Than Fiction on cable. Good movie.
nah.....

when i was watching the Dark Knight in the theater....

and she died, everyone cheered
laugh.gif

well this looks just like a parody of a bad sitcom trailer

this is what happens when you get crushed in the ratings war for 10 years

Spiderman 1 and especially 2 are very good and were the top comic movies before batman really turned it dark and rocked out.

Ding ding ding. Adult comic book movies came out and killed Tobey's terrible children's movies.

Maggie Gyllenhall is hideous. Such an ugly face.

And Matthew McConaughey was great in Magic Mike

I'm in. :smokin

Never met a Night movie I didn't like. Lady, Signs, Happening, Village, Unbreakable... :smokin

Sure, I hated the ending of Signs, and found Devil very underwhelming, and missed Airbender... but I think he could nail a post-apocalyptic movie.

You LIKED lady in the water?

i mean... you like the concept? or what? because that was the worst movie i have ever seen.

That ain't even the one that got me, how in the **** does one like The Happening? :lol:

The idea of it was ok, some cool visuals like the bodies off the roof, or the dude jumping in front of the lawnmower, but the performances were ATROCIOUS, the dialogue was worse than George Lucas written Phantom Menace outtakes, and the story was scary......air.

Air, son.

:smh:

[quote name="DubA169"]Never met a Night movie I didn't You LIKED lady in the water?

I mean... you like the concept? or what? because that was the worst movie i have ever seen.[/quote]Yeah, man. :lol: I mean, not 'liked' like SLP or Avatar, but yeah, I liked it. *shrugs* :lol:

Last edited:
Never met a Night movie I didn't like. Lady ... Happening ... :smokin

And Maggie Gyllenhaal has always had like...this fragile off-beat beauty. Push or pull a lil in any direction and she's hurt, but she always looked good in her own way. Secretary, Donnie Darko, Sherrybaby. So when they casted her in TDK, I was kinda hyped, cuz I knew she was a solid actress and it was an interesting pick in the looks dept.

But then....>D :lol: Did they have her share the makeup girl that Heath used?

And she's never looked right ever since. :smh:

That ain't even the one that got me, how in the **** does one like The Happening? :lol:

The idea of it was ok, some cool visuals like the bodies off the roof, or the dude jumping in front of the lawnmower, but the performances were ATROCIOUS, the dialogue was worse than George Lucas written Phantom Menace outtakes, and the story was scary......air.

Air, son.

:smh:

the happening had it's own dumb internal logic. bad movie but not anywhere near as offensive to the human race

lady is the water doesn't even follow it's own rules. i've never seen something so ridiculous before. i kept doing the jaguars fan gif every 15 minutes. it had potential too. the biggest cluster **** ive ever seen. so arbitrary. he threw so much **** at the wall and nothing stuck.

it made lost look coherent

Last edited:
[quote name="CP"]That ain't even the one that got me, how in the **** does one like The Happening? :lol:

Air, son.

:smh:[/quote]I appreciate the message behind it. :smokin May not have been executed the best, but... meh. :lol:

watch Secretary, came out in 2002. Thank me later.

Oh, I've seen it. I mentioned it a few posts back. That definitely was the start of my thing for her (which I feel kind of weird about considering the nature if that movie, but still).

i know it may sound crazy but the concept of the happening really reminded me of the birds

like how people were like PLANTS? ******g plants?

same way people were probably like cmon stupid birds?

neither movie had a memorable ending or a real reason why the phenomenon happened.

Hitchcock can make a movie like that work, and M night can't :\

and the birds is a watchable but its one of his "worst" movies.

Last edited:
there was no real reason for why the phenomenon happened? Are you guys serious right now? You couldn't have completely missed the point... completely.

the planet created an antibody. Virus was... us.

Simple. sounds to me like you guys didn't pick that up... at all.

yeah i never got into birds but i also stopped watching halfway through.

that happening explanation ska gave sounds pretty dope. however, without watching the movie, i could see how it fell flat.

Last edited:
I remember wanting more backstory. Its been a long time since I've seen it though.

I never outright hated it. It was just a B movie.

Lady in the water is the one I truly despised. I even like the happening.

I want to watch unreadable again because I remember not enjoying it too much.

Last edited:
I can't really figure out why Maggie Gyllenhall is sexy, but she is.

oh hell to the naw you did not just say that :x

absolute ugliest woman in hollywood

almost threw up in my mouth just reading her name :x

almost ruined the dark knight for me :x

thought she was two face in that movie :rofl:

just ignore her noble like i did. her scenes in tdk were difficult to look at especially considering who Bruce Wayne was. made sorta sense that she looked like a random backwoods girl in fancy clothes, i guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom