Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Anyone else out there like me that loves the opposite side team up angle in movies?  Like in Heaven's Prisoners when Baldwin and Roberts were childhood friends, one grows up to be a cop, the other a crime lord, but they don't cross each other out of respect and what not? 
Or Nikko in Out for Justice, grew up with all those mob dudes, now he's a cop, but he leaves them alone, they leave him alone, that is until they kill his best friend I guess. 
laugh.gif

Anyone else like those storylines?  I'm tryin to think of some others.  48 Hours would be one, a cop and a convict teaming up to solve a crime.  That @#$% always hooks me somehow.  Not sure why. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Anyone else out there like me that loves the opposite side team up angle in movies?  Like in Heaven's Prisoners when Baldwin and Roberts were childhood friends, one grows up to be a cop, the other a crime lord, but they don't cross each other out of respect and what not? 
Or Nikko in Out for Justice, grew up with all those mob dudes, now he's a cop, but he leaves them alone, they leave him alone, that is until they kill his best friend I guess. 
laugh.gif

Anyone else like those storylines?  I'm tryin to think of some others.  48 Hours would be one, a cop and a convict teaming up to solve a crime.  That @#$% always hooks me somehow.  Not sure why. 
The Defiant Ones:  Two prisoners in the American South, African-American Noah Cullen (Poitier) and racist John "Joker" Jackson (Curtis), escape from a chain gang. Despite their mutual loathing for each other, they are forced to cooperate, as they are chained together. Gradually, they begin to respect and like each other.

laugh.gif

The Defiant Ones:  Two prisoners in the American South, African-American Noah Cullen (Poitier) and racist John "Joker" Jackson (Curtis), escape from a chain gang. Despite their mutual loathing for each other, they are forced to cooperate, as they are chained together. Gradually, they begin to respect and like each other.

^
That sounds like Fled, with Fishburne and Baldwin #8 or whichever.  Fled is one of those pointless, yet so watchable movies that always catch me on TV somehow. 
laugh.gif

And yeah, voting is going to be a @#$%^ this decade.  I damn near had to threaten people for votes in other decades, this one I might as well just take one single vote and call it good. 

^
That sounds like Fled, with Fishburne and Baldwin #8 or whichever.  Fled is one of those pointless, yet so watchable movies that always catch me on TV somehow. 
laugh.gif

And yeah, voting is going to be a @#$%^ this decade.  I damn near had to threaten people for votes in other decades, this one I might as well just take one single vote and call it good. 

^
laugh.gif

Your're killing me.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The Defiant Ones was remade several times:
  • In 1972, with gender reversal, as Black Mama, White Mama, starring Pam Grier and Margaret Markov.
  • For television in 1986, as The Defiant Ones, starring Robert Urich and Carl Weathers.
  • Homage is paid to the film in the 1992 Quantum Leap episode "Unchained". Protagonist Sam Beckett lands in the body of a white Mississippi road gang worker chained to a wrongly convicted black man, and the two must escape together or be murdered by the corrupt warden.
  • In 1996 action film Fled, the film stars Laurence Fishburne and Stephen Baldwin.(No substance)

^
laugh.gif

Your're killing me.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The Defiant Ones was remade several times:
  • In 1972, with gender reversal, as Black Mama, White Mama, starring Pam Grier and Margaret Markov.
  • For television in 1986, as The Defiant Ones, starring Robert Urich and Carl Weathers.
  • Homage is paid to the film in the 1992 Quantum Leap episode "Unchained". Protagonist Sam Beckett lands in the body of a white Mississippi road gang worker chained to a wrongly convicted black man, and the two must escape together or be murdered by the corrupt warden.
  • In 1996 action film Fled, the film stars Laurence Fishburne and Stephen Baldwin.(No substance)

Back
Top Bottom