Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^
Done Kool. 

We damn near done with this thing.   

Round 9
LTB---Five Easy Pieces, Utility
U of Nike---The Spy Who Loved Me, Utility
CP1708---The Omen, Horror
Johnny---Hard Times, Sports
Kool---Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Sci-Fi
Dub---
RyGuy---
Shaun---
Prime---
Noskey---

Round 10
Noskey---
Prime---
Shaun---
RyGuy---
Dub---
Kool---
Johnny---
CP1708---
U of Nike---
LTB---

^
Done Kool. 

We damn near done with this thing.   

Round 9
LTB---Five Easy Pieces, Utility
U of Nike---The Spy Who Loved Me, Utility
CP1708---The Omen, Horror
Johnny---Hard Times, Sports
Kool---Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Sci-Fi
Dub---
RyGuy---
Shaun---
Prime---
Noskey---

Round 10
Noskey---
Prime---
Shaun---
RyGuy---
Dub---
Kool---
Johnny---
CP1708---
U of Nike---
LTB---

Originally Posted by DubA169

gonna eat dinner then ill be back and pick

indifferent.gif

Going to be watching I Am Number Four, The Mechanic, and X-Men (2000) pretty soon here.

I know a lot of these movies I'm watching are supposedly +%*+%#, but I still like seeing the latest movies unless they're chick flicks/romantic comedies. Movies like The Green Hornet, The Eagle, etc. are ones that I've seen that I necessarily didn't enjoy, but am happy that I still can mark them off my list.

Going to be watching I Am Number Four, The Mechanic, and X-Men (2000) pretty soon here.

I know a lot of these movies I'm watching are supposedly +%*+%#, but I still like seeing the latest movies unless they're chick flicks/romantic comedies. Movies like The Green Hornet, The Eagle, etc. are ones that I've seen that I necessarily didn't enjoy, but am happy that I still can mark them off my list.

Originally Posted by JPZx

What kind of list are you going off of, if I may ask? 

I get the recent stuff, but how do you get X-Men 1 in there as well?  Just never got around to it back in the day?  Does that mean you haven't seen 2 and 3 either? 

What kind of list are you going off of, if I may ask? 

I get the recent stuff, but how do you get X-Men 1 in there as well?  Just never got around to it back in the day?  Does that mean you haven't seen 2 and 3 either? 

Haven't seen any of the X-Men films except Origins which was ehhhh. I've heard X-Men and X-Men 2 are great.

I don't know KLJ. If I know they're supposedly bad, I won't be spending money on them in theaters or On Demand or anything... I make sure I see all of those specified ones for free. If they're bad, I can usually sift through and find some sort of entertainment out of the 2 hours and every once in a while... I will totally disagree with critics on a film.

Example... 'MacGruber'. That is without a doubt one of the funniest films I have ever seen. However, it got %%%# on by a lot of critics and only received a mediocre 47% "fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Haven't seen any of the X-Men films except Origins which was ehhhh. I've heard X-Men and X-Men 2 are great.

I don't know KLJ. If I know they're supposedly bad, I won't be spending money on them in theaters or On Demand or anything... I make sure I see all of those specified ones for free. If they're bad, I can usually sift through and find some sort of entertainment out of the 2 hours and every once in a while... I will totally disagree with critics on a film.

Example... 'MacGruber'. That is without a doubt one of the funniest films I have ever seen. However, it got %%%# on by a lot of critics and only received a mediocre 47% "fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

indifferent.gif
this is serious business. cant be done on an empty stomach.
western- The shootist staring John Wayne

7.7 on imdb.9th round 
pimp.gif

yes fishing for votes already

Originally Posted by University of Nike

indifferent.gif
this is serious business. cant be done on an empty stomach.
western- The shootist staring John Wayne

7.7 on imdb.9th round 
pimp.gif

yes fishing for votes already

For me, alot of it I watch free.  So I'll give it a shot.  I've said many times in here, when you work, wife, kid, bills, etc etc, 2 hours of doing nothing but watching something new is valuable. 
laugh.gif
  I can't stress it enough. 

Sometimes, you find that movie that sneaks up on you.  Nobody ever told me about Usual Suspects, and that isn't a movie that screamed great to me, and look how that turned out. 
I would have never think Lucky Number Slevin was worth a damn, I watched it, and lo and behold, it was solid.
Running Scared with Paul Walker, yes, that Paul Walker, great movie. 
Boondock Saints. 
Layer Cake showed me what Craig was all about, when he got cast for Bond, I was like
eek.gif

If people never gave these a chance, how would you ever have that enjoyment of seeing them?  So yeah, for every 10 letdown movies I put myself thru that were "supposed" to be good, The Happening, Spider Man 3, The Spirit, I am Legend, Meet the Fockers, you find a diamond in the rough every once in a while. 

Worst case, if it sucks, I saw it once no need to ever see it again.  Hell, you, me and JPZ all like Buried, but we all said we would never watch it again.  So how is that much different then me watching The Happening one time, and I will NEVER see that again. 
laugh.gif
  And to that, I look at it as a spot in resumes.  Like Reynolds in Buried, or Walhberg in Happening, I saw them play a role, file it away, save it for later if I see them in a similar movie/type etc.  Like the Craig signing later on down the line for Bond. 

For me, alot of it I watch free.  So I'll give it a shot.  I've said many times in here, when you work, wife, kid, bills, etc etc, 2 hours of doing nothing but watching something new is valuable. 
laugh.gif
  I can't stress it enough. 

Sometimes, you find that movie that sneaks up on you.  Nobody ever told me about Usual Suspects, and that isn't a movie that screamed great to me, and look how that turned out. 
I would have never think Lucky Number Slevin was worth a damn, I watched it, and lo and behold, it was solid.
Running Scared with Paul Walker, yes, that Paul Walker, great movie. 
Boondock Saints. 
Layer Cake showed me what Craig was all about, when he got cast for Bond, I was like
eek.gif

If people never gave these a chance, how would you ever have that enjoyment of seeing them?  So yeah, for every 10 letdown movies I put myself thru that were "supposed" to be good, The Happening, Spider Man 3, The Spirit, I am Legend, Meet the Fockers, you find a diamond in the rough every once in a while. 

Worst case, if it sucks, I saw it once no need to ever see it again.  Hell, you, me and JPZ all like Buried, but we all said we would never watch it again.  So how is that much different then me watching The Happening one time, and I will NEVER see that again. 
laugh.gif
  And to that, I look at it as a spot in resumes.  Like Reynolds in Buried, or Walhberg in Happening, I saw them play a role, file it away, save it for later if I see them in a similar movie/type etc.  Like the Craig signing later on down the line for Bond. 

comedies rarely get good reviews. Critics usually have it right with other genres though.

comedies rarely get good reviews. Critics usually have it right with other genres though.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Nobody ever told me about Usual Suspects, and that isn't a movie that screamed great to me, and look how that turned out.  

I told you about Usual Suspects back in 98, three years after it was released.   As a matter of fact, I was the one who had to beg you to watch The Shawshank Redemption.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Nobody ever told me about Usual Suspects, and that isn't a movie that screamed great to me, and look how that turned out.  

I told you about Usual Suspects back in 98, three years after it was released.   As a matter of fact, I was the one who had to beg you to watch The Shawshank Redemption.
wink.gif

RyGuy takes The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, Utility

Ches, what's next for Shaun?  That is his next pick, then Prime is up. 

Back
Top Bottom