Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

The way I look at it is that there are so many good movies out there that I haven't seen, that I don't want to sit through ones that most likely won't be that great.
exactly.

The way I look at it is that there are so many good movies out there that I haven't seen, that I don't want to sit through ones that most likely won't be that great.
exactly.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Damn, guess I am the only one that watches crap. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And yet everybody in here hypin MacGruber, go figure.  
ohwell.gif
roll.gif

The hell you tryna say? 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

The way I look at it is that there are so many good movies out therethat I haven't seen, that I don't want to sit through ones that mostlikely won't be that great.

Now, there are times when I have no expectations, or when I just wantto watch a mindless movie. But I'm not going to sit through somethingmediocre on the ten percent chance that it might be good.
Completely agree.

The way I look at it is that there are so many good movies out therethat I haven't seen, that I don't want to sit through ones that mostlikely won't be that great.

Now, there are times when I have no expectations, or when I just wantto watch a mindless movie. But I'm not going to sit through somethingmediocre on the ten percent chance that it might be good.
Completely agree.

I've seen numerous movies that critics love, are highly rated, and supposed to be "great" that - to me - aren't all they're hyped up to be.

I watch these movies that try to portray meaningful thoughts, try to be clever, and are supposed to be full of substance. Instead, they come off as bloated, overly artsy or stylistic, and have few redeeming qualities.

I cannot tell you the number of movies I've watched because a certain actor or actress has embraced "a role of a lifetime," and at the end of the day, the movie itself sucks.

Sometimes, after a long day at the office, you just want to vegetate on the couch and think about absolutely nothing - and watch a good popcorn flick. *shrugs*

I've seen numerous movies that critics love, are highly rated, and supposed to be "great" that - to me - aren't all they're hyped up to be.

I watch these movies that try to portray meaningful thoughts, try to be clever, and are supposed to be full of substance. Instead, they come off as bloated, overly artsy or stylistic, and have few redeeming qualities.

I cannot tell you the number of movies I've watched because a certain actor or actress has embraced "a role of a lifetime," and at the end of the day, the movie itself sucks.

Sometimes, after a long day at the office, you just want to vegetate on the couch and think about absolutely nothing - and watch a good popcorn flick. *shrugs*

listen nobody can watch Sophie's choice, my left foot and saving private Ryan every day

everyone needs mindless entertainment. But for the most part, i pick my movies wisely just so i won't waste time. Most the time i am satisfied

listen nobody can watch Sophie's choice, my left foot and saving private Ryan every day

everyone needs mindless entertainment. But for the most part, i pick my movies wisely just so i won't waste time. Most the time i am satisfied

Originally Posted by DubA169

I've went through the main American directors. Now I'm going foreign. ingmar Bergman, Tarkovsky, and Kurosawa are the next up for me.
Lemme know which films of which you enjoy; been looking to get into more foreign films.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I've went through the main American directors. Now I'm going foreign. ingmar Bergman, Tarkovsky, and Kurosawa are the next up for me.
Lemme know which films of which you enjoy; been looking to get into more foreign films.

Ya'll flip for it. Prime if you really wanted that movie, we can give Shaun a diff, but if you have another option, give that to Shaun and pick your second choice.

Ya'll flip for it. Prime if you really wanted that movie, we can give Shaun a diff, but if you have another option, give that to Shaun and pick your second choice.

Give it to Shaun, I have another one lined up.

Give it to Shaun, I have another one lined up.

Back
Top Bottom