Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

[Charles Barkley in Space Jam] Hey, can I play? [/Charles Barkley]

Call it friendo, Oregon or NY?
nerd.gif

Are you asking about the character draft, or just quoting this movie for some reason? 
laugh.gif
  I can't be sure. 

If you are saying the Character draft, then yes, we need that 8th.  Let me know and I will start to work on the pre-draft stuff. 

MrO, I have no idea in hell how to get a "draft board" in place.  I think folks are just gonna be on their own, pick the characters they want for slots, and have a good enough explanation.  I don't want somebody pickin Indiana Jones as a villain cuz he sucked so bad in the 4th one. 
laugh.gif

Are you asking about the character draft, or just quoting this movie for some reason? 
laugh.gif
  I can't be sure. 

If you are saying the Character draft, then yes, we need that 8th.  Let me know and I will start to work on the pre-draft stuff. 

MrO, I have no idea in hell how to get a "draft board" in place.  I think folks are just gonna be on their own, pick the characters they want for slots, and have a good enough explanation.  I don't want somebody pickin Indiana Jones as a villain cuz he sucked so bad in the 4th one. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
  I can't be sure. 

laugh.gif

Sorry, I watched SJ for the first time in at least 10 years and that line just stuck with me, I'd like to be in the character draft.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
  I can't be sure. 

laugh.gif

Sorry, I watched SJ for the first time in at least 10 years and that line just stuck with me, I'd like to be in the character draft.
laugh.gif

Coach/Director
PG/Leading Man
SG/Comedic Role
SF/Kick @#$ Chick
PF/Leading Lady
C/Action Hero-Super Hero
6 Man/Dramatic Role
Bench Guy/Glue Guy-Character Role
Bench Guy/VillainMascot/Utility Role- Anybody that stood out

This is not a go yet, this is merely us discussing, no one is locked in or on board yet, just floatin ideas.  MrO, you said 2000's only, let's open that up, let's go 1990-2011.  Give us a little more leeway.  I still think we could just go all time and be fine, but if you want to restrict it a bit that's fine, I just don't think I can handle the inevitable 90's draft, 80's draft, 70's draft, etc. 
laugh.gif
  This is what I have in mind, thoughts?  Just an example role off the top of my dome

Director-Ridley Scott, Gladiator
Leading Man- Harrison Ford, The Fugitive
Comedic-Ace Ventura/Jim Carrey
Kick @#$ Chick- Linda Hamilton T2
Leading Lady-Kate Winslett Titanic
Action Hero-Christian Bale, The Dark Knight
6 Man- Kevin Spacey, American Beauty
Bench Glue Guy- Brat Pitt Oceans 11
Bench Villain- Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Mascott- Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men
Ok, here is the 8 owners now.

Johnny
MrO
Dub
Big J
CP
Chester
Noskey
Shabooyah

Gimme a bit, set up a draft order, and a start date.  We want to wait til after this week, or just go ahead and get started and let it take it's time, thoughts? 

Coach/Director
PG/Leading Man
SG/Comedic Role
SF/Kick @#$ Chick
PF/Leading Lady
C/Action Hero-Super Hero
6 Man/Dramatic Role
Bench Guy/Glue Guy-Character Role
Bench Guy/VillainMascot/Utility Role- Anybody that stood out

This is not a go yet, this is merely us discussing, no one is locked in or on board yet, just floatin ideas.  MrO, you said 2000's only, let's open that up, let's go 1990-2011.  Give us a little more leeway.  I still think we could just go all time and be fine, but if you want to restrict it a bit that's fine, I just don't think I can handle the inevitable 90's draft, 80's draft, 70's draft, etc. 
laugh.gif
  This is what I have in mind, thoughts?  Just an example role off the top of my dome

Director-Ridley Scott, Gladiator
Leading Man- Harrison Ford, The Fugitive
Comedic-Ace Ventura/Jim Carrey
Kick @#$ Chick- Linda Hamilton T2
Leading Lady-Kate Winslett Titanic
Action Hero-Christian Bale, The Dark Knight
6 Man- Kevin Spacey, American Beauty
Bench Glue Guy- Brat Pitt Oceans 11
Bench Villain- Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Mascott- Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men
Ok, here is the 8 owners now.

Johnny
MrO
Dub
Big J
CP
Chester
Noskey
Shabooyah

Gimme a bit, set up a draft order, and a start date.  We want to wait til after this week, or just go ahead and get started and let it take it's time, thoughts? 

I say after Thanksgiving weekend, I'm going to be busy plus travel time. But if everyone says go ahead now I could squeeze it in I'm sure.

I say after Thanksgiving weekend, I'm going to be busy plus travel time. But if everyone says go ahead now I could squeeze it in I'm sure.

Let's get thru the holiday so everyone can prepare as they need (which I am more than sure nobody will actually do, but it sounds nice) 

1990-2011 are the years. 

Ill, you will certainly be requested as a judge.  On a completely unrelated note, the check is in the mail.......

laugh.gif

I'll sete up another spoiler in a bit, get the draft order and what not, etc etc.  We can start Monday morning first thing, if you have twitter, let me know what yours is so I can get hold of you easier than PM's and such.  I know I have J, Johnny, Shabooyah, the rest of you dudes need to get one already, it's 2011, get it together. 

Let's get thru the holiday so everyone can prepare as they need (which I am more than sure nobody will actually do, but it sounds nice) 

1990-2011 are the years. 

Ill, you will certainly be requested as a judge.  On a completely unrelated note, the check is in the mail.......

laugh.gif

I'll sete up another spoiler in a bit, get the draft order and what not, etc etc.  We can start Monday morning first thing, if you have twitter, let me know what yours is so I can get hold of you easier than PM's and such.  I know I have J, Johnny, Shabooyah, the rest of you dudes need to get one already, it's 2011, get it together. 

Back
Top Bottom