Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

My friend is trying to convince me to watch HOUSE. I've never been interested in it and it seems kind of silly. Is it worth it?

My friend is trying to convince me to watch HOUSE. I've never been interested in it and it seems kind of silly. Is it worth it?

I don't think so. I've watched it a few times and House's act got old to me real fast. The show plots were somewhat interesting, but I found the characters too annoying to really get into it.

Seen The Sopranos? If no, then absolutely that.
I watched the 1st ep. and I was bored.

I going to give it the shield treatment.

The first 4 eps. of the shield I was bored of it.

After several months, I watch more eps. because coco convinced me to pick it up again.

After several eps., I was hooked.

I'm now on season 5 of the shield.

I don't normally like procedurals. Like those cop, lawyer, hospital, firefighter shows on CBS or ABC or whatever. But this to me, was the best of that kind of show in the last 10 years. House is this *******, troll, genius doctor with a bum leg, that constantly pranks and trolls and plays mind games with everyone around him. The thing is, this was one of those rare shows where they build up someone to be smart as hell, and you don't feel like that's a copout. The people who wrote the show handled the clever so damn well. And Hugh Laurie probably should've won an Emmy. The dialogue was so good, the characters were so good and it just felt a step above the regular.

It does fall off after the 4th season. If it would've ended like season 5, it'd get more respect. People forget what the show was like, before they dumped the old cast for one-note, wooden people like Taub and Olivia Wilde. The OG cast was Omar Epps, the british dude and Capt. Kirk's mom from the Star Trek movie. But still, every season you could expect 4 of 5 amazing episodes. They could just build characters outta nothing, and there was a run when everyone and their moms wanted to guest star to be a patient on House.

For what it was and at least for the first few seasons, House was the smartest, best made regular TV show in a long while. I'd put the first 4 seasons up against almost anything on network TV in the 2000s. And the season premieres and finales of House were so damn good. The 4th season finale was on that imdb list of best TV episodes. That's not a mistake.

I don't wanna overhype it, cuz at the end of the day, it's just a doctor show. But it's not some Grey's Anatomy ****. And if you get into it, I wouldn't be surprised if you fiended through the first few seasons in the next few weeks. Cuz when it was hype, that's how everyone I knew was who caught on late.

Once you see Olivia Wilde, know that the hype is almost over, though. :lol:

Last edited:
Saw a 10:50 showing of 42, and left highly disappointed. Way too Disney-iee of a biopic for my liking.

:lol: @ ppl knowing the chick from Once Upon A Time as the chick that was Capt. Kirk's mom in the recent revamped Star Trek movie.

As for House, yeah great show especially compared to network series and as far as the character he was developed greatly the first 4 seasons although imo some of the over arcing stories were pretty bland and only kept you watching cuz of House. To me it wasn't until his core team started breaking up (or when two of them got together/married) that the stories got that much better and the writers really started experimenting with the format. To me the whole House looking for a new team was good television while still making the character more compelling.

To me things kinda basically fell off when he got with Cudi and only thing left to do was piss off Wilson and damage their relationship.

Saw a 10:50 showing of 42, and left highly disappointed. Way too Disney-iee of a biopic for my liking.
I mean...
It's a blockbuster sports film. That fact alone is enough to tell you it's probably going to be something along the lines of corny and pandering. And it's rated PG-13.

I'll still see it because it's baseball, but, yeah.
Anyway, I just watched Pitch Perfect myself. Pretty dope watch.

The first thing I did was find out who the tall girl was. Mmhmm.

Anna followed up Dipset in End of Watch with Blackstreet in this? I'll allow it.

Band of Brothers should be top of your list - that's the greatest thing I've ever seen.

The West Wing too if you've not seen that.

I see the greatness in Band Of Brothers. But that **** was boring as hell, the second half of the series had me falling asleep and I really struggled to finish it :lol:

Band of Brothers should be top of your list - that's the greatest thing I've ever seen.

The West Wing too if you've not seen that.
I'm only on ep.4 so my opinion may change.

Thanks for the show suggestion.

I'll check out a trailer for that show.

I see the greatness in Band Of Brothers. But that **** was boring as hell, the second half of the series had me falling asleep and I really struggled to finish it :lol:

I convinced my friend that House didn't seem worth it to me so he gifted it to me on iTunes. I guess ill have to give it a shot I guess.

no wonder your a kings fan :smh:

and :x@ you all loving pitch perfect. such a terrible movie. terrible plot, horrible annoying characters, and bad unbelievable ending

Hamlet 2>Pitch Perfect

anybody else see the pilot for Rebel Wilson's New abc comedy series? Super Fun Night? They need to recast. Some of the actors on there are terrible. And whoever thought it was a good idea to make rebel wilson lose her uk accent needs to be fired.

Anybody in here from Dallas been to the Film Festival this week? I went a few nights this week and saw a couple of good movies.

Good Night - will make you cry and laugh (at the same damn time).

Rushlights - horribly predictable. Had to leave before the end, but I doubt it got any better.

The Dirties - very funny for a movie about bullies and school shootings.

C.O.G. - not bad, but not great. Worth watching for a few good scenes.

I also saw a bunch of shorts. Am I the only one who loves the short movie? If you don't like it, it is usually only a few minutes before it is over. You get to see the end and you are on to the next one.

I convinced my friend that House didn't seem worth it to me so he gifted it to me on iTunes. I guess ill have to give it a shot I guess.

House is amazing....one of my favorite shows of all time. One of the few shows I started watching the first day it ever aired and watched all the way through till series end. Very sad the day it ended for good.

Back
Top Bottom