Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Golden Globes winners... Puzzled by the Hollywood foreign press voting How To Train Your Dragon 2 over the Lego Movie... :rolleyes

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA

Eddie Redmayne
The Theory Of Everything

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA

Julianne Moore
Still Alice

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE

J.K. Simmons
Whiplash

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE

Patricia Arquette
Boyhood

BEST DIRECTOR – MOTION PICTURE

Richard Linklater
Boyhood

BEST MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL

The Grand Budapest Hotel
American Empirical Picture; Fox Searchlight Pictures

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL

Michael Keaton
Birdman

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY OR MUSICAL

Amy Adams
Big Eyes

BEST TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA

The Affair
Showtime
Showtime Presents, Sheleg, Higlewater

BEST TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL

Transparent
Amazon
Amazon Studios Instant Video

BEST MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Fargo
FX
FX Productions & MGM Television

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

Maggie Gyllenhaal
The Honorable Woman

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA

Kevin Spacey
House Of Cards

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL

Jeffrey Tambor
Transparent

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA

Ruth Wilson
The Affair

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

Matt Bomer
The Normal Heart

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

Joanne Froggatt
Downton Abbey

BEST MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

Fargo
FX, FX Productions & MGM Television

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

Billy Bob Thornton
Fargo

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL

Gina Rodriguez
Jane The Virgin

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE – MOTION PICTURE

Johann Johannsson
The Theory Of Everything

BEST ORIGINAL SONG – MOTION PICTURE

“Glory”
Selma

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM

How To Train Your Dragon 2
DreamWorks Animation LLC; Twentieth Century Fox

BEST SCREENPLAY – MOTION PICTURE

Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Nicolas Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris, Armando Bo
Birdman

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

Leviathan (Russia)
(Левиафан) Non-Stop Production, Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation of the Cinema Funds, RuArts Foundation; Sony Pictures Classics

Weird how an actress from a cw show got an award.

Saw my bae, Maggie Gyllenhaal flourished and won an award.

Off topic, but verizon is lame. They suspended my internet temporarily because of copyright infringement. I have tv shows to watch.

I'll be the first to say it, I thought Boyhood was boring af.. I get what they were trying to do, and it took a lot of dedication from the director/actors.. it just wasn't engaging to me. I got to the point where dude was going off to college with his gf and just fell asleep, i'll finish it some time this month to see if it got any better.

J.K Simmons :pimp: well deserved.
He is the correct and only choice. He's a lock for February 22nd.

Whiplash, holy ****.

Movie was impeccable.
Correct feelings for the film, you have.

:pimp:

best performance of the year
you sir are also correct

Finished The Guest, decent as long as you go in open minded. Between this and Wingards last film, I definitely prefer You're Next overall while the acting was better in The Guest. Soundtrack was amazing.
As I mentioned a few weeks ago when I saw it, it's a noir, throwback thriller.

watching whiplash for the 3rd time since finding out its online

jk simmons is a motivational genius :pimp: :x
He's amazing on so many levels. It's a performance that is drawing so many emotional reactions - those who hate him, really hate him.

My girlfriend and I watched Whiplash on Saturday, and she hated his character because she had a tyrant boss, and she's like I hate him he's a male reproductive organ, etc etc - and I said THAT'S THE POINT - THAT'S WHY HE IS AMAZING.

She agreed the performances in the film were outstanding.

Saw my bae, Maggie Gyllenhaal flourished and won an award.

Off topic, but verizon is lame. They suspended my internet temporarily because of copyright infringement. I have tv shows to watch.

Jane The Virgin is actually a pretty good show.

I just watched The Devil Wears Prada

Even though I haven't seen the movie recently, this seems like one of those movies where you get a little older and appreciate certain things about the world and it puts the movie in a completely different light..

Watched 4 weddings and a funeral the other day and I have no clue what was remotely redeemable about it

Movie literally slid by cause Hugh grant was charming.. And couple like able characters were thrown in

Last edited:
I've noticed that show's commercials constantly gets crazy hype for w/e reason. Virgin Jane or something. She fine so I wasn't even mad :lol: but the show seems to be getting a lot of praise somewhere and not just from teens who watch the CW and it's unlike the "praise" other CW shows get.

Last edited:
My body is ready!! 
nthat.gif

Have to say, as someone who didn't love Avengers, the Age of Ultron commercial I just saw got me excited.

Have to say, as someone who didn't love Avengers, the Age of Ultron commercial I just saw got me excited.

Same here.
I never said it on NT because i knew it would be stone face city, and i didnt wanna look like Antidope tryna rain on everyones parade.

but... massively overrated. (Flame away...it has 0 replay value and you know it.)

Good movie, not trolling. It wasnt bad at all.
Entertaining for the most part.
Just wasnt as "amazing" as everyone kept saying it was.

Captain America 2 > Avengers.
That was really an amazing comic book movie.

But, Avengers 2 trailer looks dope, and obviously i will be watching.
Looks like itll be like Cap 2 and join the Sequels that are better than Firsts movie category.

Last edited:
Stoneface away.
There was nothing exceptional about that movie.
Probably more overhyped than GOTG...however, i am willing to admit the expectations for GOTG rose due to me not watching immediately in theaters. It was probably hard for it to reach my expectations with its massive hype 5 months later.

Avengers 1 tho? Nah...i saw that first week in theaters with no expectations or pre-judgment.
And i was like... meh, cool.
Not a waste of my time, entertaining 2 hours.
But nothing i was thinking about the day after.

That villain just didnt do it for me.
I didnt watch either Thor so maybe thats why...and i likely never will.
Both Thor trailers looked BORING as hell. Not my type of movie or villain.

I know you guys were raving about the villain though so obviously its part of the reason we disagree on the film.

Good, not great.

Cap 2 i was raving about and thinking about for a straight week after i saw it in theaters.
A movie that stays memorable is an exceptional movie, not one that just piles up the super heroes...gives you loud explosions and lots of cgi, and the same usual Downey Jr. persona we see in all of his IronMan movies.

What was so special about that Micheal Bay type directed action? :lol:

Cap 2 at least had some style and grace to it meanwhile maintaining its exceptionally shot action scenes.
Avengers 1 was just so LOUD and over-reliant on cgi an explosions man...
Nothing world-shattering about the film.

Just...good (at best).

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.

Last edited:
tbh, the first two times I watched Avengers I was completely blown away.

All subsequent watches have moved it down a bit for me.

It went from a home run 7.5/8 to an enjoyable 4.5/8 over the years.

Last edited:
tbh, the first two times I watched Avengers I was completely blown away.

All subsequent watches have moved it down a bit for me.

It went from a home run 7.5/8 to an enjoyable 4.5/8 over the years.

Understandable.

Exactly my point, it was a good movie (very good if you loved the villain, which i understand most people did).

But nothing youd wanna watch move than TWICE at most...

UNLESS, you are a complete comic book nerd. In that case, you watch every one of them at least 5 times each no matter how good they are...so it really doesnt mean anything :lol:

Just very low replay value film for all the hype it got.
Theres nothing memorable you wanna watch it again for after time passes.

Meanwhile a movie like The Dark knight, i just popped it in and watched AGAIN last night...for the 20th time...
just to marvel at all the classic Joker scenes and enjoy Heath's performance for the hell of it.

Replay value. Memorable scenes that make you want to watch a movie more than twice.

I can't watch avengers all the way through again. I just watch the big fight scenes and turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom