Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I went to a local Pawn Shop today because someone asked me to look at their movies to buy lol (scouting mission), and they have the greatest DVD and Blu Ray collection in a pawn shop I've ever seen. Not Pawn America, 20x that.

Might post the movies soon that I'm considering buying :lol:

Got a few days off so I finally started Tulsa King.
Been watching for two hours and I’m just starting 2nd epsidoe. ****ty platform with commercials.

So many commercials
Show is delivering:
Not nearly as good as Lillehammer(very first NETFLIX Original over 14yeqrs ago) about a retired Mobster relocated to Lillehammer, Sweden.
Show was so clever and entertaining and this is a complete ripoff but, great artists steal BUT BUT BUT, PARAMOUNT+ has gotta be the worst interface I have ever seen. I’m about to crack open the REALWORLD CHALLENGE MARATHONS and ****, I don’t think I’ll make it.

****, I’ve been trying to get back to the end of Episode 5/9 for two hours. I only have 6minutes left.
I also have epsidoe one where I thought it was over and missed the last 45seconds of the episode (which seemed important after starting episode 2. Here’s my basic problem.

IMG_0385.jpeg

****, I’ve been trying to get back to the end of Episode 5/9 for two hours. I only have 6minutes left.
I also have epsidoe one where I thought it was over and missed the last 45seconds of the episode (which seemed important after starting episode 2. Here’s my basic problem.

IMG_0385.jpeg
Was having the same kinda issue recently with Max. Catching the latest season of Rick and Morty and at the end they have the writers talk about the episode for a bit. Max puts an ad there and skips most of them right into the next episode, trying to get back to it is a chore.

What dramas have Carrey, Sandler and Hill been in where they killed it?
Obviously there's Williams with Patch Adams, Good Will Hunting, Insomnia, and 1-Hour Photo.

Outside of Robin, all I've got is Carell's Beautiful Boy. The only dramatic roles I've seen from Sandler & Jim are Uncut Gems and Eternal Sunshine. Wasn't really feeling either. 👀

IMG_3249.gif

I thought Truman show, The majestic, and Eternal sunshine were VERY good dramatic performances from Carey. He shines in “sad clown” type roles, where as Robins strength was adding warmth to tragedy.

Sandler? Ehhhhh I wouldn’t say he’s “killed” his non comedic roles, but it is impressive that he can somewhat be not funny. Dang I forgot about Steve Carell and Little Miss Sunshine.

What dramas have Carrey, Sandler and Hill been in where they killed it?
Obviously there's Williams with Patch Adams, Good Will Hunting, Insomnia, and 1-Hour Photo.

Outside of Robin, all I've got is Carell's Beautiful Boy. The only dramatic roles I've seen from Sandler & Jim are Uncut Gems and Eternal Sunshine. Wasn't really feeling either. 👀
Looks like Carey Mulligan and the serious Sandler have a great one coming.
I really like serious Sandler(Uncut Gems, Funny People, Reign Over Me, "Punch Drunk Love?)

I wish I enjoyed Christopher Nolan's films as much as others do. I need to watch Insomnia though and finish Tenet.

I wish I enjoyed Christopher Nolan's films as much as others do. I need to watch Insomnia though and finish Tenet.
Insomnia could help but if you don’t already like Nolan then Tenet will suck. It sucked for many that already liked him.

The Prestige, Dunkirk, Memento, aside from the obvious Batman and Inceptions I’d recommend but maybe you’ve seen all of them.
Uh oh, I’ve heard bad TINGS

The Creator was just ok to me, great visuals and seeing it in IMAX was a plus. The story definitely doesn't deliver and has some loose ends they don't really tie up or explain. If you go into it just looking to be entertained then you still may enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom