Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Bro I just watched a vid on the details on this movie. It’s gone be INSANE if it gets made. So FFC is like Uber wealthy. But the bulk of his fortune comes from wine. He’s made far more money from his winery than he’s made in his film career. Dude sold his wine company for $500 milly and it’s rumored that he wants to use ALL of that money for the film. He wants it to be his lasting legacy. I don’t care how experimental the film is, it HAS to get made.

If Spielberg, Nolan, QT, Spike Lee, Fincher, say they want to make 1 last movie and the budget is “name your price” then you do whatever it takes to get it made :lol:
It’s already finished filming. Mfs just too scared to pay for distribution rights at this point |l

It’s already confirmed to premiere at Cannes I believe

I feel like it's an extension of the first film and it's still all in his head. We're viewing from the inside of Joker's mind.

I have a feeling Gaga is going to CRUSH her role. And we already know Joaquin gonna put it down.

Hyped. :pimp:

Image-1-50_661624438c972.jpeg

It’s already finished filming. Mfs just too scared to pay for distribution rights at this point |l

It’s already confirmed to premiere at Cannes I believe

Oh damn! The vid I watched must have been a few years old then. Sounds like just a small hiccup then if it’s already finished.

Although it’s a fine line between “revolutionary and innovative” and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow :lol:

I was waiting for SHOGUN to wrap before starting so I could binge it straight for a more complete watch but, 8/10 have aired and I cannot wait.

I keep hearing it’s a Masterpiece in television.
Starting it now.
Yea it's the best period drama for me since Boardwalk Empire.

The pacing, production value, costume design, writing and acting is outstanding.

It's an adaptation of a novel that was already made into a miniseries 40 years ago but they've handled it with a lot of nuance and in a way that doesn't play into the same tropes the original fell into.

Another cool thing is that Hiroyuki Sanada also made sure they would be as setting and period accurate/authentic as possible when he signed up for it so the vast majority of the production team and actors are Japanese or of Japanese origin

Another Blair Witch?? Once again another franchise no one asked to be revived. I saw the 2016 version in theaters and the shaky cam effects were giving me nausea and rest of the film was poorly done. Think I'll skip this one unless it gets amazing reviews.

A few thoughts…

It’s about that time for a Stranger Things re-watch…

Remake Blair Witch Project into an actual good movie and I’m all for it…

Bad enough that the Joker is existing for two movies without Batman…making it a musical adds insult to injury. Disgraceful!

Yea it's the best period drama for me since Boardwalk Empire.

The pacing, production value, costume design, writing and acting is outstanding.

It's an adaptation of a novel that was already made into a miniseries 40 years ago but they've handled it with a lot of nuance and in a way that doesn't play into the same tropes the original fell into.

Another cool thing is that Hiroyuki Sanada also made sure they would be as setting and period accurate/authentic as possible when he signed up for it so the vast majority of the production team and actors are Japanese or of Japanese origin
So far is phenomenal.
The setting is a so comforting, the accuracy of it and the actual conversation between cast, it’s so simple that it’s super realistic for some reason. So basic, this is a clinic though.
Because it’s FX and HULU it has commercials, 7-10 per episode so if you don’t have it DVR, it’s a tough watch. I fell asleep w/ 20min left episode 5, now I will have to 1. Rewatch the first 40min or 2. FF through x5 separate commercial breaks which means watching x5 different 3min breaks before I can get back to the last 10min.
I will be able to watch the final 10min of episode 5 in about 20min from now at the soonest.
Let’s just see, this pic shows what I have to go through to get back to my place. We will see if I can do it faster than 20min

IMG_2795.jpeg

Well ****.
I watched all of episode 5 so I just wasted time FF through the first 3commericial of ep5 before realizing I made it to ep6🙄
Maybe in an hour I will be back in my right spot 😂

Back
Top Bottom