Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Been in the indie mood lately. Just watched The Dead Girl, awesome little flick revolving around a girl's dead body.

Originally Posted by DubA169

what do you mean when you say watchmen was a beating?
I just found it ridiculously hard to get through... It's impossible to watch in one sitting for me. I thought parts were confusing and it was really all over the place for stretches...

Originally Posted by DubA169

what do you mean when you say watchmen was a beating?
I just found it ridiculously hard to get through... It's impossible to watch in one sitting for me. I thought parts were confusing and it was really all over the place for stretches...

oh. absolutley. the only reason i knew what was going on is because i read the book right before seeing it. it was definitley all over the place.

moore said he wrote an unfilmable story. he was very angry the movies got made and to this day he says he never watched it. so in the end i think he was right.

oh. absolutley. the only reason i knew what was going on is because i read the book right before seeing it. it was definitley all over the place.

moore said he wrote an unfilmable story. he was very angry the movies got made and to this day he says he never watched it. so in the end i think he was right.

Watchmen would have to be a trilogy, to begin to even scratch the surface.

I love American History X, but those Tats + Venice Beach = opening sequence to Die Hard 3.  

I love American History X, but those Tats + Venice Beach = opening sequence to Die Hard 3.  

Originally Posted by PRIME1984

Doesn't help that there were 4 key roles: 2 they nailed (Rorshach and the Comedian) and 2 they completely $$+%!@ (Laurie and Veidt). Dr. Manhattan and Nite Owl were great, but those 2 were so much more important.
30t6p3b.gif

Doesn't help that there were 4 key roles: 2 they nailed (Rorshach and the Comedian) and 2 they completely $$+%!@ (Laurie and Veidt). Dr. Manhattan and Nite Owl were great, but those 2 were so much more important.
30t6p3b.gif

Although sports takes up a small portion of the book, you guys should check out Unbroken. It's a biography of Louis Zamperini, written by Laura Hillenbrand, also the author of Seabiscuit. It's a pretty unbelievable story and hopefully gets made into a movie someday.

Although sports takes up a small portion of the book, you guys should check out Unbroken. It's a biography of Louis Zamperini, written by Laura Hillenbrand, also the author of Seabiscuit. It's a pretty unbelievable story and hopefully gets made into a movie someday.

Anyone ever read Curious Case of Sidd Finch? Pretty entertaining expanding off the SI April fools joke. Just saw Secretariat movie, pretty good and I love the legend and story or that horse, annoyed me they didn't use actual Belmont footage and the race call. The did for the Preakness but that wasn't the race which put him in immortality

Anyone ever read Curious Case of Sidd Finch? Pretty entertaining expanding off the SI April fools joke. Just saw Secretariat movie, pretty good and I love the legend and story or that horse, annoyed me they didn't use actual Belmont footage and the race call. The did for the Preakness but that wasn't the race which put him in immortality

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I just finished "Sports Talk" by Alan Eisenstock it's a book essentially about Sports Talk Radio...from it's origins. And this guy Alan talks to all the big names throughout sports talk....with lots of stories and stuff, if anyone is into that, it's a great book. under 300 pgs for those who don't enjoy long reads.

I listen to sports talk radio endlessly in my car, I would be interested in reading this one.  Does he bring up many of the different hosts in the country?  Or does he mainly focus on the few known national guys like Rome or the ESPN guys?  

And speaking of.......

Brian Cushing wrote:

I heard about this one on Sports talk radio, something about this guys life, he went thru so many things for years and years.  The radio guy was convinced that this would be a movie EASY at some point.   He was a sprinter or something like that right?  War and what not? 

I'm just about outta Star Wars books to read, so I better figure something else out, maybe these will be the start. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I just finished "Sports Talk" by Alan Eisenstock it's a book essentially about Sports Talk Radio...from it's origins. And this guy Alan talks to all the big names throughout sports talk....with lots of stories and stuff, if anyone is into that, it's a great book. under 300 pgs for those who don't enjoy long reads.

I listen to sports talk radio endlessly in my car, I would be interested in reading this one.  Does he bring up many of the different hosts in the country?  Or does he mainly focus on the few known national guys like Rome or the ESPN guys?  

And speaking of.......

Brian Cushing wrote:

I heard about this one on Sports talk radio, something about this guys life, he went thru so many things for years and years.  The radio guy was convinced that this would be a movie EASY at some point.   He was a sprinter or something like that right?  War and what not? 

I'm just about outta Star Wars books to read, so I better figure something else out, maybe these will be the start. 
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Kill the Irishman opens Friday. Not exactly my cup of tea, but considering the location, I am obligated.
The film is a biopic of Irish-American mob boss and FBI informant Danny Greene, who tried to shoot his way to the top of Cleveland's criminal underworld during the late 1970s.

Kill the Irishman opens Friday. Not exactly my cup of tea, but considering the location, I am obligated.
The film is a biopic of Irish-American mob boss and FBI informant Danny Greene, who tried to shoot his way to the top of Cleveland's criminal underworld during the late 1970s.

Exactly... They tried to jam it into one movie and it ended up being too long, drawn out and still not detailed enough to do it justice...

Exactly... They tried to jam it into one movie and it ended up being too long, drawn out and still not detailed enough to do it justice...

Just to isolate the movie talk...
Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Wow.

I left to grab food and a movie from Redbox when the Hornets were down eight? with a little over a minute left. 
laugh.gif

Oops.
What'd you get from redbox?
Never Let Me Go. Carey Mulligan, Keira Knightlet and Andrew Garfield.
As children, Ruth, Kathy and Tommy, spend their childhood at aseemingly idyllic English boarding school. As they grow into youngadults, they find that they have to come to terms with the strength ofthe love they feel for each other, while preparing themselves for thehaunting reality that awaits them.
I love it. This will be my third time seeing it.

Carey is easily my favorite actress right now. Her and Leo together is my ideal pair. I can't wait for that.

Just to isolate the movie talk...
Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Wow.

I left to grab food and a movie from Redbox when the Hornets were down eight? with a little over a minute left. 
laugh.gif

Oops.
What'd you get from redbox?
Never Let Me Go. Carey Mulligan, Keira Knightlet and Andrew Garfield.
As children, Ruth, Kathy and Tommy, spend their childhood at aseemingly idyllic English boarding school. As they grow into youngadults, they find that they have to come to terms with the strength ofthe love they feel for each other, while preparing themselves for thehaunting reality that awaits them.
I love it. This will be my third time seeing it.

Carey is easily my favorite actress right now. Her and Leo together is my ideal pair. I can't wait for that.

Back
Top Bottom