Oh My! Speed Turf AKA Dan Marino's Coming Summer 2012!!

^^ Im only liking the 2 OG colorways so far (phins n black/white). If that navy/royal/white/red is set to release I'll have to get those too. But those green/silver and navy/white/silver are easy passes IMO.  

Dolphins, blacks, and the gym reds are the only Speed Turfs worth purchasing to me

Dolphins, blacks, and the gym reds are the only Speed Turfs worth purchasing to me
are those releasing? I have not heard one thing about those except these pics of course. It would make sense to do a 'steve young' colorway.

supposedly around the holiday season confirmed by TSG as they were the first to drop info. on the released of the dolphins

Last edited:
:smh:

Terrible execution Nike.. EVERYONE WANTS THESE AND YOU LIMIT THEM! This is really the last straw for me.

The only shoe I wanted for all of 2012. I've been waiting it out. Busiest weekend of the year crops up on me and I miss out. I Have a LIFE. This is why I could never get into Jordans. I'm not about to take more than 2 minutes of my time away from getting shoes. I'm lazy.. Yet the black and whites remain

Buying shoes shouldn't be this hard.

I definitely had my chances at retail earlier with the online shops. But it really shouldn't have come to that. Let them sit on FNL.com in mass quantity and we all use coupon codes. Call me a lazy shoe buyer, But it just needs to be easier for the majority of us that only have the internet as an option. I wanted these to sit and be thrown in at $99 some place.

---------------

and it's not that complicated.. For years, dolphin fans had nothing to match their miami shirts. So just throw on a fins shirt and be done with it. Or go out and buy one. I had it all planned out too. Heather grey vintage fin logo tee, khaki pants, and marino speed turfs.

This irks the hell out of me.

Last edited:
Quick question. When I print out the Bday coupon it says it's going to ask for my VIP card. Will the coupon work with anyones VIP card? When I give them my VIP card will it say whether or not this coupon was issued to me or that it was already used or is this code they type in for the discount universal.

:smh:
Terrible execution Nike.. EVERYONE WANTS THESE AND YOU LIMIT THEM! This is really the last straw for me.
The only shoe I wanted for all of 2012. I've been waiting it out. Busiest weekend of the year crops up on me and I miss out. I Have a LIFE. This is why I could never get into Jordans. I'm not about to take more than 2 minutes of my time away from getting shoes. I'm lazy.. Yet the black and whites remain
Buying shoes shouldn't be this hard.
I definitely had my chances at retail earlier with the online shops. But it really shouldn't have come to that. Let them sit on FNL.com in mass quantity and we all use coupon codes. Call me a lazy shoe buyer, But it just needs to be easier for the majority of us that only have the internet as an option. I wanted these to sit and be thrown in at $99 some place.
---------------
and it's not that complicated.. For years, dolphin fans had nothing to match their miami shirts. So just throw on a fins shirt and be done with it. Or go out and buy one. I had it all planned out too. Heather grey vintage fin logo tee, khaki pants, and marino speed turfs.
This irks the hell out of me.

believe me Wally... when I tried to add to cart on ndc on saturday morning and it said sold out, my heart dropped. Even though I was persistent and kept clicking add and ended up getting them, Nike really did this release wrong.

The only reason they sold out(for the moment, until hopefully at least a couple restocks happen) was because of the what looks like limited availability. Not many wanted these... this is def a pair that if you dont remember them growing up, you dont want em.

Im not buy/selling, but if someone can find a 12.5/13 (for retail or less) for my dude WallyHopp please shoot him a PM. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you Wally.

So what's the chances these restock on NDC though? The employees I spoke to seemed unsure on if they will at all, but I noticed damn near every shoe has been retocked lately.

So what's the chances these restock on NDC though? The employees I spoke to seemed unsure on if they will at all, but I noticed damn near every shoe has been retocked lately.
You just answered your own question.  No doubt these will be restocked.

Nike has mastered the art of artificial hype thanks to Twitter.  Tweet out reminders w/ pics so that everyone knows what shoe is coming.  People then see all the questions start to mount up about said shoe and start to think, "hmmm...do I need these?"  Allocate a sized down percentage of your stock of said shoe for the release date, drop a Twitter link and watch them "sell out" within minutes.  Re-stock at a later date and then watch those sell out thanks to the hype that was created before the original release date.  Rinse and repeat, shoe after shoe after shoe after shoe.....

They've mastered it because nobody can tell me that THIS shoe is a shoe that would sell out if it wasn't for the internet.  Twitter was/is the worst thing that ever happened to shoe releases, in my opinion.  Now every damn shoe has a release date, a.k.a. copping a GR shoe becomes a competition and a race to cop first.  

Thankfully I live in an area where kicks like these don't sell out, so in-store it is for me.  Bday coupon ftw.  

These hurt my feet. Even .5 size up felt harsh

No thanks!!!

I was gonna trade my Orlando Flight ones fir these

These are crease monsters tooo..

This shoe is the type to sit in a closet and yellow

I wear a size 11 normally in most sneakers.

I have access to a size 10.5 but thats the last size left, will it be unbearable to wear them ? or can i make it happen. i have read mixed reviews some dudes say true to size. some say they had to go up half a size. either way i dont want to miss out on my size ...

yall gotta learn how to try stuff on...lol sizing differs for different people, i have sum crazy wide diagonal feet wit long toes so y wudnt i try it on first?lmao im jus playin, but try on multiple sizes if u havin a hard time finding the right one

^ i work alot , so most of the time i send my girl to do the sneaker pick ups.ill make these work . will rolly jus rock with the laces loose and unstrapped.

Back
Top Bottom