Oh My! Speed Turf AKA Dan Marino's Coming Summer 2012!!

I got mine from Champs around 6 they were actually on hold but the person was taking too long (over an hour) so they sold it to me :smile:

After striking out on Champs and NDC this morning , I walked into Champs around 10 am and bought my pair. I was in and out in 7 mins, and saved on shipping.:smokin

Cliff Notes

- Got my hopes up and then struck out at my local Champs
-Tried my luck and called NT Seattle, who had two pair in my size
- They would not hold a pair, so I took the chance they'd still have one when I arrived.
-Got my pair and Diddy Bopped out the store

Good news everyone, I was able to track down a pair for retail + tax. After what transpired this morning (see my earlier posts) I thought it was a wrap for me. I decided after reading some of the success stories of people getting a pair(s) at their local champs, etc, to call around and try my luck. Called my local champs and the mgr said they had one last pair left in my size. I live like 12 mins from the mall (Southcenter/Westfield) so I was feeling good and ready to head out when the manager said "sorry someone just came in and purchased the last pair in your size". I was feeling like Charlie Brown, and screaming obscenities after hanging up with the mgr.

I refused to succumb to EBAY so I decided I would try my luck with NT Seattle. Spoke to one of the workers and she said they had two pairs left in my size. Apparently many doubled up this morning and bought these along with the God Awful Pack, and some who were unable to get the GAP just got these. I asked if they could hold a pair for me as I was on my way. She checked with the manager and was told they cannot do holds until 48hrs after a new launch (not sure how true this is, as the only NT I've ever bought stuff from was NTSF and that was years ago). Anyhow, I told her I would risk it and head over there anyway in the hopes of getting a pair. I finally made it. So many people were out due to the Sounders game and "Hemp Fest" in addition to your usual weekend shoppers so maneuvering around was a bit of a challenge. Walked in the door, saw them on display, walked calmly over to the display, asked if they had an 11 and she said yes we have one pair left. She went to get them, tried them on, and I had a little toe room to spare. Some shoes (Jordan I, Penny I's, I wear and 11.5, whereas with other shoes I can wear an 11 comfortably). Went to checkout, grabbed my bag and Diddy Bopped out the store. Just got back home not to long ago and feeling good. For those who said these will sit and will get marked down like the DTII I hope you're right, I would definitely like to get another pair (this time for less than retail). I've been in the "shoe game" for 16 years (I'm 28) and cannot remember the last time it took work to actually get a shoe I wanted lol. I hope those that have yet to secure a pair will get them and for retail.

Here is a quick phone pic I took (sorry for the awful quality).

These Went A Bit Smoother Out This Way Than It Sounds Like It Did In Most Other Areas......... And To Think I Almost Convinced Myself To Wait Out A Sale Price :lol:

As Others Have Mentioned, I Couldn't Be Happier With This Release :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: ..... One Of Those Shoes You Just Wanna Immediately Put On Feet!

*Big Ups To Team Member Sniper For Coming Up With The Birthday Coupon Code From FTL In Time For This Drop :nthat:

Still Some Sizes Siting Out Here I Would Imagine.......

Last edited:
these WILL hit outlets, my area has full size runs. dnt get it twisted, this were on noones radar, except us guys!

I'm on vaca in Vegas and when I went to Nike Store, 4 other people were buying these. No second sz 12, so I went with an 11 and 12.

Yeah I always get my kicks in 11 for the extra room. I really wear a 10.5.
hmmm... not sure man. The pairs I have I sized up .5 on them and they all feel good. A little extra room but the all the padding locks my foot in. They feel really comfortable to me.

Girlie ordered a pair yesterday morning for my bday. Got a a half size bigger. Usually wear a 7.5, got an 8. Looking forward to getting them next weekend.

I wouldnt wear it personally, but here yall go....   

My Champs order got cancelled, email said "unable to process your order" :smh: , struck out at Champs and FTA at the mall last night :smh: , woke up this morning and stopped by "MY FITTEDS" saw this fitted hat posted above at the store so I asked if they had the Speed Turfs in a size 11 and the homie came out the back with the last pair :nerd: :pimp: .. I couldn't believe it, they usually get about 10-12 pairs when it comes to new releases so I figured they were sold out but luck was on my side :smokin
Now im going to use the b'day coupon on the green/silver turfs after seeing them in person :x , comes out to $109.99 with free shipping.

And this Hornets hat above is a perfect match after seeing it in person at the store. They also had a San Jose Sharks snapback that matched as well.

Back
Top Bottom