Ohio takes another L. how far american education has fallen.

Dear Method Man,

Please ban this "Ohio Takes an L" mess.

Thanks,

DFly

Dear Method Man,

Please ban this "Ohio Takes an L" mess.

Thanks,

DFly

Originally Posted by cartune

[h1]America's Most Miserable Cities

[/h1]
Last year's most miserable city, Cleveland, fell back to No. 10 this year despite the stomach punch delivered by LeBron James when he announced his exit from Cleveland on national television last summer. Cleveland's unemployment rate rose slightly in 2010 to an average of 9.3%, but the city's unemployment rank improved relative to other cities, thanks to soaring job losses across the U.S. Cleveland benefited from a housing market that never overheated and therefore hasn't crashed as much as many other metros. Yet Cleveland was the only city to rank in the bottom half of each of the 10 categories we considered.

http://www.forbes.com/2011/02/02/stockton-miami-cleveland-business-washington-miserable-cities.htmlhttp://www.forbes.com/201...on-miserable-cities.html

wadedamno.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

[h1]America's Most Miserable Cities

[/h1]
Last year's most miserable city, Cleveland, fell back to No. 10 this year despite the stomach punch delivered by LeBron James when he announced his exit from Cleveland on national television last summer. Cleveland's unemployment rate rose slightly in 2010 to an average of 9.3%, but the city's unemployment rank improved relative to other cities, thanks to soaring job losses across the U.S. Cleveland benefited from a housing market that never overheated and therefore hasn't crashed as much as many other metros. Yet Cleveland was the only city to rank in the bottom half of each of the 10 categories we considered.

http://www.forbes.com/2011/02/02/stockton-miami-cleveland-business-washington-miserable-cities.htmlhttp://www.forbes.com/201...on-miserable-cities.html

wadedamno.gif

Discussed Twilight, Jersey Shore, American Idol, and Undercover Boss in a class last year. Watched an episode of the last 3 in class. I go to a top university.
edit: Wrote a paper on the first season of Laguna Beach as well. 

Discussed Twilight, Jersey Shore, American Idol, and Undercover Boss in a class last year. Watched an episode of the last 3 in class. I go to a top university.
edit: Wrote a paper on the first season of Laguna Beach as well. 

Whoever wrote that is just salty. They dont like the series because of it's mainstream appeal; doesnt change the fact that it could be well written literature (wouldnt know, never read em). I think a while ago some top tier university offered a class on Harry Potter. In one of my college classes we had to write a term paper on Monsters Inc. (as it related to business ethics), I attended a university in Ohio, I graduated w/ honors...

At this point I believe that people who are digging for "Ohio Takes Another L" thread topics are just jelly because their lives suck; and tell themselves "oh, at least I dont live in Ohio" to justify their pitiful existences.

...funny $#+* does go down here though...

Whoever wrote that is just salty. They dont like the series because of it's mainstream appeal; doesnt change the fact that it could be well written literature (wouldnt know, never read em). I think a while ago some top tier university offered a class on Harry Potter. In one of my college classes we had to write a term paper on Monsters Inc. (as it related to business ethics), I attended a university in Ohio, I graduated w/ honors...

At this point I believe that people who are digging for "Ohio Takes Another L" thread topics are just jelly because their lives suck; and tell themselves "oh, at least I dont live in Ohio" to justify their pitiful existences.

...funny $#+* does go down here though...

indifferent.gif

So what? I had to read Twilight in a 300 level course (Adolescent Lit) a couple years ago.

It's useful because

1) A lot of English majors are trying to be teachers and their students may have read Twilight
2) You can have insightful discussions about even crappy @@* books. Believe it or not, there are mature themes in Twilight

I can't believe I just defended Twilight as literature. FML.

indifferent.gif

So what? I had to read Twilight in a 300 level course (Adolescent Lit) a couple years ago.

It's useful because

1) A lot of English majors are trying to be teachers and their students may have read Twilight
2) You can have insightful discussions about even crappy @@* books. Believe it or not, there are mature themes in Twilight

I can't believe I just defended Twilight as literature. FML.

Back
Top Bottom