OK, What's To Be Done About WorldStarHipHop?

yall not doing %!%+ but complaining. wshh isnt going anywhere...

Just saw that video
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

That website keeping black people back a few years though, am I wrong?
IMO I think the show "Cops" in the past what?? 20 something years have shown more negative stereotypes than WSHH.  
I actually enjoy watching these fights.  

pimp.gif
 @ This week's Fight Compilation of the Week.    Personally I like watching street fights and I imagine myself in that predicament and what I would do. BJJ skills? Punch and run? Who/what to look out for in case of sucker punches.  So to me it's entertainment and educational!  

but as somebody on the last page said, a site like this doesnt give black people a good rep. Say you have some white people from a small town where no black people live. It may be silly, but I know people like this who get their information solely from the media. I may say its dumb for them, but hey, theyre still white and not being looked at like criminals. So they can be wrong , but at least black people should be in an uproar for how we are shown.

You see us us on the First 48 as fools who kill each other and then confess to the police like idiots, and you go online and see black people dragging each other out of the house for a beatdown. Why would anybody be ok with negative portrayal. Q isnt in it for anybody but himself. He's exploiting people for his own personal gain. If he were an investment banker exploiting people etc, everyone would already hate him. I mean, black people already get a bad rap from how we are portrayed on the news and television, having a website that is just non stop buffoonery isnt going to help either.

I've never really visited the website, but I suppose the best way to shut it down, or at least tame the content is by boycotting those companies using WSHH to advertise their products. 
The first step would be to study in depth how online advertising actually works. For example, I'm in the Bay Area which means when I go onto WSHH, I come across contextual advertisements marketing products and services related to and/or located in the Bay. I imagine this is the case for someone accessing the site from Chicago. Basically, you'd have to figure out how to target those local companies advertising via WSHH. 

But there are also non-place specific companies advertising on the site. For example, ebay, fed-ex, At&T, and the like. Using the idea of purchasing power and through collective action, you could gather enough signatures, present it to these companies and tell them that you'll boycott their products if they don't stop advertising on WSHH. You might target the record companies who's artists are uploaded onto the site. You could also target adBrite, which seems to be the main source used to solicit advertisements. Websites like WSHH depend on online revenue. When those sites are dependent on advertisements, they become vulnerable to boycotts. But its up to you make it happen. 

Just a few thoughts. 

Anybody have a sense for valuation?

They seem to have 2 primary revenue streams

The standard ad revenue and the content providers who are paying a fee to be viewed on the platform?

Anything else? I'm going to check out their unique monthly visitors on comScore....see If i can get some hard numbers.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

And an element that most " black people" don't take into consideration is the way that this exploitation for pay is making your life harder.

Millions of people overseas who have no exposure to "black people" are soaking up all of the images and actions posted on that site daily...this is how they are forming images of our people and culture....all while someone else's pockets get fatter.

Asians who may never meet a black person in real life already have a terribly negative perception of our people that is hard to shake and will make our endeavors on the global stage that much harder.

Other "blacks" around the globe, who take ques from the hugely influential "African-American" population are now being molded by the worst of our society....under the false banner of "Hip-Hop".

You want to know why George Zimmerman felt threatened by a black youth in a hoody...and why the Police were able to treat an innocent unarmed young man like his life was worthless....look no further than the content on WS.

No I'm not blaming the world's problem on WS but I am calling for them to take responsibility for their impact. As some one living in the hood I have seen a significant shift amongst the youth who are absorbed in the filth of that platform.

THANK YOU!!!!

It's been that way for decades, way before WSHH. It's everywhere, we are protrayed in a way that's so negative. 
Like you have to go out of your way just to let people know that black people are not like what they see in the media.
We shouldn't have to do that in the first place, I shouldn't have to hear "you're not like most black guys" whenever I first meet someone. That's just the way it is though. It's not right, but we have to change the way we're shown for others to change the way they think about us.

And if you believe people don't group all black people (or any races) together as a whole, you live in a fantasy land. Not saying it's right but it's human nature.

similar website that whites and latinos visit on the regular that shows their people in a negative faction every 4-6 vids...?

i cant think of any.

Originally Posted by ricky409

similar website that whites and latinos visit on the regular that shows their people in a negative faction every 4-6 vids...?

i cant think of any.
no such thing bruh
30t6p3b.gif

i cant think of any.

worldstar is undiscriminating in what they display as far as demographics...black folks just tend to do more on camera *shrugs*

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Hate to say it, but the internet as a whole needs some serious policing. It's like pandora's box. You can watch death, violence, hardcore p0rn, racist rants, commit theft etc...all in one sitting. It's virtual anarchy. Yes, it's only as potent as what the real world provides to it, but the platform itself needs guidelines, there is no order as the Internet stands today.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

Hate to say it, but the internet as a whole needs some serious policing. It's like pandora's box. You can watch death, violence, hardcore p0rn, racist rants, commit theft etc...all in one sitting. It's virtual anarchy. Yes, it's only as potent as what the real world provides to it, but the platform itself needs guidelines, there is no order as the Internet stands today.

pimp.gif
da internet doesn't need order.

Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

pimp.gif
sick.gif

Son on the path of dictator state interwebz with that talk.

Policing the internet?

They can't even police illegal music downloads.

Good luck with that.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i cant think of any.

worldstar is undiscriminating in what they display as far as demographics...black folks just tend to do more on camera *shrugs*

and it's black folk that are doing the filming, at least majority of the time. it's not like this white dude owner of WSHH goes around filming these incidents

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i cant think of any.

arent you dominican, famb?
you think the higher ups, or the people that are IN CONTROL arent going to lump you in with us? WSHH perpetuates many stereotypes about black people acting a fool. I respect what you are, but you look more like me than like them, and that's all they care about.

to be real, a cop's not gonna stop and ask what race... they're just going to go upside your head.

^ Yall give Ninja the blues with the self-hate man. My goodness.
roll.gif

But yea, are you dudes really asking for the innanet to be policed? Yea ok, let it happen and how much crying you dudes do. Cut it out.

If you want your internet monitored, download NetNanny or get an AOL 5.0 disc from the Post Office and set your account security level to 13y/o.

And I'll admit as much as I hate it and generally wish it didn't exist and don't want to support it, I go for the booty videos, especially the one with Babiicece and that other female. I had to save that one on my phone and tablet and ipod touch so I always have it with me
laugh.gif
But aside from that, %%*@ them &*$@

Back
Top Bottom