Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

Originally Posted by knightngale

I think the Spurs should be worried cause the thunder stars did not play that well and Brooks had a brain fart yet they were still in the game.

I don't expect Manu to go for 30 every night either.

Perkins was getting lost on defense throughout the whole 4th quarter. It makes ZERO sense why Ibaka was not out there.

Duncan had one of his patented whole fore arm grab "blocks"
30t6p3b.gif

Wrong, even tho Manu wont score 30 points a game, his ability to make plays for other players will make up for it.
Spurs are way too deep this year and they know to set up their play and execute perfectly, and Popovich is way too smart.

I see spurs taking this in 6.

Question... are the Spurs that great at defense or is it bizarre that Harden and Russ only took 2 foul shots combined, and during the regular season they averaged 12 FTs a game?
Durant also didn't make a FG in the 4th.

OKC lost this game because Durant shot jumpers while ginobli went to the rim. Up 9 entering the 4th, my best player needs to get to the rim to stem the tide. He didn't. RW will catch hell because they lost but I hold KD more responsible. 

Originally Posted by knightngale

I think the Spurs should be worried cause the thunder stars did not play that well and Brooks had a brain fart yet they were still in the game.

I don't expect Manu to go for 30 every night either.

Perkins was getting lost on defense throughout the whole 4th quarter. It makes ZERO sense why Ibaka was not out there.

Duncan had one of his patented whole fore arm grab "blocks"
30t6p3b.gif
And we started the game off rolling right?
grin.gif

We damn near equaled our turnover average in the 1st half and were only down 1. Players who usually produce for us (Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Matt Bonner) didnt do much of anything. OKC was up double digits and in prime position to close it out, only to have it ripped away from them because they are not deep enough, they run no plays, and they dont react to runs and pressure well. They were only in this game because of D Fish and the game sent down from 2004. THEY should be worried.

Serge Ibaka had a few of his patented "blocks" which are clearly goaltends, KD had a goaltend, phantom foul calls, the list goes on.

Yeah.. because Parker or Manu never get phantom foul calls. Don't start that nonsense.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Question... are the Spurs that great at defense or is it bizarre that Harden and Russ only took 2 foul shots combined, and during the regular season they averaged 12 FTs a game?
Durant also didn't make a FG in the 4th.
Duncan's pick n roll defense is excellent plus when he hits dude's wrists/arms it counts as blocks. The other dudes have that same style of taking charges like Miami does. Harden and Russ were just trash today though.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

KD seeing that defense LeBron saw in 07
this

and that whole 'cutting the head off the snake' @@#, just to get RW feelin himself too much...genius.

Ibaka gets abused in the post though. He's just a really good help defender, but the spurs play with duncan and 4 shooters.... So what is he good for?

Originally Posted by juicyju

Ibaka gets abused in the post though. He's just a really good help defender, but the spurs play with duncan and 4 shooters.... So what is he good for?
This. I hate hate HATE when people talk about Ibaka being in the runnings for DPOY.

There were calls that could've gone either way on Russ/Harden, but credit the Spurs to just take charges.

I'll give up Harden for Artest. That entire 2nd half was Harden missing a defensive play. Greg Pop designed that whole game on attacking Harden.

Originally Posted by juicyju

Duncan wasn't even in the post that much. Having him in would have been much more beneficial than Perkins, especially given how often Manu was in the paint. Ibaka didn't see any time in the 4th quarter at all.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

KD seeing that defense LeBron saw in 07
this

and that whole 'cutting the head off the snake' @@#, just to get RW feelin himself too much...genius.
What the hell is that in your avy ?
alien.gif

For as good as the OKC front-line was supposed to be.... Diaw, Duncan, and Splitter had a field day with them. Ibaka/Perk were way too timid.

Then again, when you got guys like the Spurs setting you up, baskets are easy.

Back
Top Bottom