Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

I was at the game. It was GREAT. Happy my SPURS won. Few pics for the NT peeps

Air Jordan 1. Great shoe.
smokin.gif

Always take one of the banners. Gonna need to make room. Im just saying tho.
nerd.gif
wink.gif

A hand full of okc fans left the at&t center sad.
pimp.gif

Shout out to follow NTer Elpablo21 for making the trip.
laugh.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

My seats. Not bad.
smokin.gif

SWAG.
pimp.gif

They went to go say hi to the okc fans that made the trip. Also Mama Durant was in the building.
I didnt take no in game pics. I wish I did but oh well. Next time maybe.
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

I saw your post. Yeah I didnt need to know all that tho.
laugh.gif

Rck blowing up Scientific Method spot
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Nah, it's a rumor that isn't true. 2nd time I passed something from that site to here without verifying it. Last time it was a Friends and Family 40% off code. We waited for it, waited for it, ##@% was fake as ##@%
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

You're trollin. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I still say Thunder in 5 or 6 off of youth and talent, not coaching. Scott Brooks hasn't won a single game in his career that I've watched the Thunder play.
You honestly believe the Thunder can win four in a row? That's a lot to ask.
It's definitely not impossible. I've watched the Thunder enough to say that when they play like crap they only lose by 1-3 points. Almost stole Game 1 if not for some bad match ups from old Scottie. 10 more seconds on the clock and I think game 1 would've had a different outcome.

I think they get one on the road obviously, whether it's a game 2 or a game 5. It's hard for any team to win at OKC so I think they get those 2.

Basically I think they'll get 4 out of the next 5 games and probably wrap up at home.

Obviously Greg Pop vs Scottie Brooks is the X factor here, and Greg Pop takes the cake. The Spurs are the smarter team, and the Thunder are a more hard-nosed team that pushes the ball harder.

The Spurs can keep up with the pace of the Thunder -- and vice versa -- but it throws them off-sync a bit in the momentum of their half-court sets.

Awesome matchups this series. Could easily go either way. It will be a game-by-game series, which means I won't be surprised by any outcome of this series other than a sweep.
indifferent.gif
lol you realize OKC got like 8 points in the last 30 seconds when the game was over right? This dude hit a buzzer beater 3 down by 6, and u say if there was 10 seconds left on the clock it would have been a different outcome. LOL, I want OKC but SA in 5 or 6

Yeah, the Spurs basically stopped playing defense in the last 30 seconds and hit all their FTs. Spurs essentially won by six, and if they even bothered to defend the perimeter in the last 30 seconds, it probably would have been more.

Originally Posted by John Mayer

boring series is boring.

SA and OKC fans seem to be mad corny too

IMO, game one was pretty entertaining basketball wise. Thunder and Spurs have some of the best fan support in the NBA.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

boring series is boring.

IMO, game one was pretty entertaining basketball wise. Thunder and Spurs have some of the best fan support in the NBA.

Agreed on the fan support. I'm diggin this Red River NBA stuff. 
I thought game 1 was a fluke though other than seeing Ginobli light up Harden which was entertaining as an NBA fan, not so much a Thunder fan. A fluke because Russ/Parker were MIA and Ibaka sat the whole 4th Quarter. Durant and Duncan were under-par as well.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

boring series is boring.

Agreed on the fan support. I'm diggin this Red River NBA stuff. 
I thought game 1 was a fluke though other than seeing Ginobli light up Harden which was entertaining as an NBA fan, not so much a Thunder fan. A fluke because Russ/Parker were MIA and Ibaka sat the whole 4th Quarter. Durant and Duncan were under-par as well.
I'd buy into your "fluke" argument a little bit if San Antonio hadn't had 14 turnovers in the first half. That's not happening again. Cut those turnovers in half and the Spurs lead by six or eight at half.

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

Your trollin. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I still say Thunder in 5 or 6 off of youth and talent, not coaching. Scott Brooks hasn't won a single game in his career that I've watched the Thunder play.

Naw bro, by your logic all brooks does is hand them water. How many teams with talent don't even make the 1st round of the playoffs, or even make it in. He's no P Jackson but he's doing work.
I hear the "Brooks tames a bunch of immature players and turned them into finals contenders" argument all of the time. I simply disagree with it. I think the players that we have are cut from a different cloth, and to Brooks credit you do hear him say that a lot in his press conferences. Basically what I am saying is that I think the Thunder players are hungry and basketball mature enough to go as far as they've gone by themselves.

I will say that something about Scott Brooks is ingenius. I think his non-offensive-rebounding strategy may possibly be some type of ingenius scheme to get the other team to play at a faster pace with the Thunder. The players definitely by into his scheme. And I have to give him credit for simply letting them run loose without limiting their abilities.

It's his match-ups and lack of momentum control that makes him a bad coach imo. I'm talking about entire halves and quarters where he is being out matched with players. They literally do not rebound and they literally do not run an offensive scheme other than Westbrook attack, Durant shoot, everybody else spot up.
He is a personel manager not a game manager. And he can thank Sam Presti for giving him players with the an easily manageable personality. Give me game management and a defensive strategy any day of the week. This team has the capability to become a dynasty. Anything less would be 
sick.gif
 as a fan who has to watch good teams lose their chance at greatness over a span of years; and all from a lack of offensive rebounds, time-outs and simple defensive match-ups.
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree, saw them run multiple sets last night

The Brooks slander is outta control

You could also argue that the reason the Thunder defense was less effective in the 2nd half, particularly the 4th where San Antonio scored 39 on 16fgs at 75%, was because Brooks didn't play their 2 best defenders (Ibaka, Sef) and stayed with Perk and Harden who were in foul trouble. San Antonio was just waltzing to the basket and getting layups, Perk is in foul trouble so he'd just move out of the way and the same with James ad his horrendous perimeter d. But end of the day, %#$$ all the hypotheticals that can't be proven.

San Antonio is up 1-0, in reality where it really matters, and the onus will be on Brooks to make adjustments. He admitted, he should have played Ibaka more, have to find a way or a lineup to not allow Duncan to gang up on Durant because Stephen Jackson is going to get massively overrated as a defender even though KD could blow right by him, but Duncan is always cheating and there's nowhere to go. SA will just do what they always do, maybe be more crisp with passes since the Thunder are more athletic than the teams they already played and especially Parker will realize he can't shoot jumpers over Westbrook.

And I disagree bro that we can beat them 4 straight. C'mon son
laugh.gif

Re-watched the game earlier today.

Poor James had no idea what to do defensively in the fourth quarter.
laugh.gif
The Thunder are going to have to improve their defensive rotations if they want to continue to use their small ball lineup.

Need more 4th quarter minutes from Serge, especially when perk is saddled with fouls and is reluctant to protect the rim as a result. Only time I remember Duncan scoring on Serge was that post spin, so it aint like he was getting killed by TD.

Late in the game, if they're going to iso KD at the elbow, they need to get him the ball quicker. Russ was dribbling in place for like 18 seconds and then passing it off to KD with like 6-7 left on the shot clock. Tough to watch.

Good first game which should amount to an interesting series. I like the type of ball that San antonio is playing this season. I really don't care for the thunder or any of the team's players. It would be cool to see the spurs win the championship sweeping every team they faced.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Re-watched the game earlier today.

Poor James had no idea what to do defensively in the fourth quarter.
laugh.gif
The Thunder are going to have to improve their defensive rotations if they want to continue to use their small ball lineup.
Steve Kerr brought that up in the first half. OKC's offensive unit is small, which leaves them open for getting abused in the post and pick and rolls. Their defensive unit sacrifices a lot of offensive versatility, and the Spurs can work the perimeter for whatever they want. With those long range shooters they have, it can be devastating.

OKC breezed through the first two rounds with having to worry about the point guard matchup, or facing a deep bench (translation: versatile lineups). Both of those are going to play a huge role in this series, and nobody works those matchups to his advantage like Pop. Hell, during the 4th, Pop was probably thinking "Perk is still in??? This is too easy."

I still think this series goes at least six games, with no blowouts, but it's all dependent on Brooks and his adjustments. This is where we find out if he's ready to make The Leap, or if he's just another George Karl (all the talent in the world, and doesn't know what to do with it).

Anytime you have a 9 pt lead heading into the 4th on the road...that is definitely a game you want to close out. 

I thought the Thunder's speed and length would give San Antonio problems and it did.  Ibaka does a good job protecting the rim and I think the Thunder will settle down and be ok in this series. 

I don't know why S. Jackson is getting props...he was playing that crackhead defense on Kevin Durant and they were just grabbing/hacking him the entire game.  KD will adjust and needs to get the ball in better spots on the floor to get good looks up. 

I think OKC will take the game tonight. 

Back
Top Bottom