Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Dcypoe

Because FG% tells the entire story, right? At the end of the day, you know what matters? 11-3. That's their playoff record right now. Russ has shot terribly this series, no denying that.. but poor shooting aside, he's put up 21, 5, 5, with 2 steals and 2 turnovers. And their shot attempts were pretty much equal all season, so this isn't anything shocking or new.

Durant should have more shots than Westbrook, no one is going to say otherwise. But there's more to the game than just shot attempts.

I could be wrong J, but I took that post as proof to the Russy detractors that their claim of OKC being better when KD shoots more holds no weight.

When Durant shoots more, OKC is 5 - 1. When Russ shoots more, they are now 6 - 2. Not seeing where or how Westbrook's shooting more is drastically "hurting" OKC.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Hack-a-Splitter 
laugh.gif

Sign of desperation.

Series is over.

30t6p3b.gif

That boy Harden though
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
This thread was on pg 85 forever and I can't edit any of my posts.

I was about to say the same things Shuges. FGA is the first thing I looked at.

I want to start off in saying that I'm a huge Thunder fan. I just want to drop in and express my thoughts on why Russ is so scrutinized. When Russ is playing well, he is great. When Russ is playing poorly, he dribbles down and does not pass the ball, just shoots. I would understand if he passed the ball, cut, screened, something, and got it back then shot it in the flow of the offense, but when nobody else touches the ball (when KD is on his team, arguably the most pure scorer in the world right now) it is a bad possession. He doesn't just do this a couple times a game, but makes a habit of it. There are entirely too many possessions where nobody else touches the ball. This not only doesn't make the defense work, but most certainly puts a huge damper on the efficiency of the Thunder's offense and its flow.

SHUGES wrote:

I could be wrong J, but I took that post as proof to the Russy detractors that their claim of OKC being better when KD shoots more holds no weight.

When Durant shoots more, OKC is 5 - 1. When Russ shoots more, they are now 6 - 2. Not seeing where or how Westbrook's shooting more is drastically "hurting" OKC.
That's a good way to look at it, but I took it as him trying to make a point about Russ shooting too much
A 10 second search turns up when he first posted the chart..

westbrook will never accept the "robin" roll... 
30t6p3b.gif
 & durant will never speak up about it.
also this..

spurs in 4...i can smell it 
frown.gif
pg. 21...theyre just the better team, no doubt about it 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

I want to start off in saying that I'm a huge Thunder fan. I just want to drop in and express my thoughts on why Russ is so scrutinized. When Russ is playing well, he is great. When Russ is playing poorly, he dribbles down and does not pass the ball, just shoots. I would understand if he passed the ball, cut, screened, something, and got it back then shot it in the flow of the offense, but when nobody else touches the ball (when KD is on his team, arguably the most pure scorer in the world right now) it is a bad possession. He doesn't just do this a couple times a game, but makes a habit of it. There are entirely too many possessions where nobody else touches the ball. This not only doesn't make the defense work, but most certainly puts a huge damper on the efficiency of the Thunder's offense and its flow.
I feel he doesn't pass sometimes cuz he knows he aint getting the ball back
laugh.gif
KD passes as a last resort, once he's locked in to shoot he shoots, same for Harden and when he does pass it's to the bigs in the paint or Thab/Fish for the corner 3.

I'd implore everybody to look at Durant's and Russ' faces and to an extent Harden's when they're open and one of the other of them has the ball and doesn't pass it to them as they just watch them score. Just watch some of these past games on NBAtv tomorrow. I wouldn't say it's out of spite but on some eye for an eye steez. One guy doesn't feel he needs to pass so each of them go solo unless a play is called.

As for this Russ is a pg talk. No he really he isn't, give him 3 inches and he'd be playing his position and not being criticized as much since he'd be appropriately compared to a young Kobe. I already talked about players who are true pgs and players who get forced/labeled as pgs due to height restrictions. Russ is fast, really athletic, and is a streaky perimeter shooter. I don't care what he played in college, dude is the prototype NY pg that scores first and dishes off of penetration. He doesn't have great court vision, he's not an amazing passer, and his decision making can be questionable. That's why he'll be more comparable to Rose than Rondo.

This is karma for the cheating during the suns series. Rigged then and still is. Let's go OKC. Mavs's, Lakers, Spurs & Heat/Boston. Toughest playoff run I've seen.

wow

i did not see this coming.......

Who ever comes out the west is gonna be the champ belllleeee dat

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

This is karma for the cheating during the suns series. Rigged then and still is. Let's go OKC. Mavs's, Lakers, Spurs & Heat/Boston. Toughest playoff run I've seen.
Let's not make it seem like they beat the 2011 Mavs or the 09/10 Lakers squads. Those teams were shells of their former selves. They way they've handled the Spurs is impressive, but beyond that they took care of business as expected.

eek.gif

I give credit when credit is due and OKC is definitely impressing me. Never thought the Spurs would lose 3 straight. This should end up going 7 now. This series deserve 7 games.

Back
Top Bottom