Older Niker Talkers 30+

was at a bbq today and all of my nephews and nieces were there and all always get a kick outta talking sneakers with me. my nephews are all collecting now, i'm like their guru :lol:

Damn, some of you guys are old as dirt.

I think I'm old @ 25, :lol:

38 here. Sad to see what the sneaker culture has come too. The kids are all lame, shoes are lame, prices are lame and the kids are lame. Can't stand these young bucks now. I was wearing XIII chutney lows and this kid told me they were fake.

36 here. The sneaker game has changed alot since I started in '90. From putting new releases on lay-a-way & Jordans releasing on a weekday. Today its just all too hectic but I have learn to adapt bc my love is still strong for this game. Respect to my 30 & up NT's.

36 and I'll be here until death. **** it. None of us are getting any younger, why not keep in touch through the years and see what gems we have to share and what experiences that we can relate to with each other?

Can't believe I'm four years away from 40. That **** trips me out.

38 here. Sad to see what the sneaker culture has come too. The kids are all lame, shoes are lame, prices are lame and the kids are lame. Can't stand these young bucks now. I was wearing XIII chutney lows and this kid told me they were fake.

You should have stepped on his feet and stone faced him.

Reactions: ct3

It happens....I've had kids and adults call fake on both laser IV, Melo 2, chambray 7, nubuck XII (before the re release few yrs ago ), black/red XII cuz there's not stupid sick face on it and material, 01 true blue 3 cuz the blue went all the way around, 99 V cuz it had Nike Air instead of jumpman :lol:, i can go on forever

But I don't buy shoes like I use too. One shoe here, one shoe there to ball, run, fish, and hike. Had 130 pairs but sold them off 2011. Now I have about 35 and that's enough.

Last edited:
I think it's dope to see older posters in the 30+ range still posting. It really shows that NT is more than just the sneaker culture it was aimed towards. We're truly cultivating a thriving e-community.

**** i'm 1 year from 30 with problems left, right, and center, but I can still come to NT for a pick me up.

30 years old, wife and a kid: been having a SERIOUS debate to unload my 100+ collection and trim it down to my top 10 shoes...

from here on out, if I add one to the collection, one must go

I have been calculating how often I can even rock sneakers and its maybe 8 times a month... which means I am wearing some shoes only a few times a year, and then when Dikembe MuCrumble comes out I question "was it worth it?"

thoughts from my fellow elders?
Idk, I thought about this, but I just can't. When I think about the stuff I gave away and threw away....
mean.gif
. It's so hard to get me to part with stuff becaue of the stories that go with all my kicks. I have it in my sig how I got each pair. For the most part, they all have a story. I can get away with wearing a few pairs to work that don't look crazy, but I can't wear a lot to work. Typing this made me think of my all black foam pros that I wrapped up in tape, in their box and sat them on the curb. They were worn, but not beat to hell. Whoever found that pair, congrats you got a gift. This was before foams were the atrocity they are now.
I just laugh at those kids. I'd also ask them what they know about shoes to humor myself.

You should have stepped on his feet and stone faced him.
You do that now a days and these young bloods will shoot you, back in our day we would fight with our fist and live to fight another day.
Sad but true.

I regret nothing about my collection, it's actually not that big compared to how long I've been buying. I have about 75 pairs I'd say. I pick my spots here and there when it comes to buying though.

I think it's dope to see older posters in the 30+ range still posting. It really shows that NT is more than just the sneaker culture it was aimed towards. We're truly cultivating a thriving e-community.

**** i'm 1 year from 30 with problems left, right, and center, but I can still come to NT for a pick me up.
This

just turned 39, first Jordan was the fire red IV. "Old" farts on here are much appreciated.

As previously mentioned, the world of sneakers is so much different now. Raffles, camp outs, and people whining about quality, that's the one i cant stand the most. Keep rollin gents.

40. Lurked on here since the beginning then joined a few years later. Don't buy like I used to. Sold off alot heat a few years back. Have also had kids point and say fakes when I wear my 99 blk cement IVs. Wish I could go back in time... Finding out product codes for jordan retros on NT then back ordering 2 pair from eastbay 2 months in advance ...

did some reflecting...

cutting the 100+ shoe room collection to 10 is happening...

the $$ is going towards starting my new side business to cater towards 30+ sneaker heads like myself... stay tuned or PM if you want to get down early :nerd:

did some reflecting...

cutting the 100+ shoe room collection to 10 is happening...

the $$ is going towards starting my new side business to cater towards 30+ sneaker heads like myself... stay tuned or PM if you want to get down early
nerd.gif
hmm....TANfather will be contacted 
laugh.gif

It's only been 1 year, but I've found that since my daughter was born my normal shoe spot routine went from digging for gems in my size to actively seeking tiny versions of my favorites, for the little lady.
Just grabbed her some Grapes and white/inf VIs this weekend, actually. Both on the disco.
:nerd:

28 been here since 2004 and I had no idea it was so many 30+ on here, how do y'all feel about the maturity of threads in here?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom