One of the WORST things I've ever seen....Indian family gets swept away by a strong current (vid)

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

In the news footage they say three "drowned to death." Is it possible to drown and not die?

Yes, if you get oxygen before you pass out.
Ahhh I see...I was like
indifferent.gif

Nonetheless, pretty sad story. You'd think they would have stopped recording immediately and people should have gone to their aid somehow.  I don't know the circumstances or the specs of that area but was there a chance they could have scaled that hill and gone down to try and rescue them?

family must be devastated with regret....like they could have done something but they just stood there and watched

smh. they brought it on themselves. you see the water coming just as everybody did. you have as much of a chance as everybody else. if you choose not to capitalize when the clouds open, you get rained on. sucks they had to perish. but it also sucks they stopped trying to live.

if i was one of the kids i'da been mad as hell. thinking to myself 'i definitely could've made it, but grandma wont let my hand go' dammit grandma smh

Originally Posted by Freeze

smh. they brought it on themselves. you see the water coming just as everybody did. you have as much of a chance as everybody else. if you choose not to capitalize when the clouds open, you get rained on. sucks they had to perish. but it also sucks they stopped trying to live.

if i was one of the kids i'da been mad as hell. thinking to myself 'i definitely could've made it, but grandma wont let my hand go' dammit grandma smh

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

In the news footage they say three "drowned to death." Is it possible to drown and not die?

Yes, if you get oxygen before you pass out.

No, because if you drowned then you are dead. Its like saying is it possible to die and not die.

drown   [droun] Show IPA
verb (used without object)
1. to die under water or other liquid of suffocation.

Oh okay, I was wrong.

From my observation, once the last guy cross the water the rocks became less visible, causing the family to stop and look where to step next. At the point it was basically a crap shoot, and unfortunately they lost their lives.

damn RIP. they prob stopped beacuse it was easy to slip and fall...if it were me and i knew water was rushing towards me i would have hurried up being that it was so close.

It just wouldn't be Niketalk without one of these idiots

Damn shame. But at the same time ill be damned if i was playin around that close to a massive cliff with water...

I dont even understand what they were doing out there in the first place. Like why even put yourself in that situation if you know thats a possibility. Regardless RIP

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Damn shame. But at the same time ill be damned if i was playin around that close to a massive cliff with water...

not only that, but the decision to picnic w. the bad weather drawing close....if you stay w. the video on the news, it mentions the rain being a monsoon.  It also caused more damage around that region. 

yo watch ya mouth joey. I wasn't talking out my +##. I just don't have that quitter mentality. I'm not a deer in the headlights. they had plenty of time when the flow first started to put a plan into action. but they instead opted to be still and wait. nah, I can't feel bad for that. that simple hesitation can be the difference between life and death.  if you're not goin to save yourself at least do what you can for your children.    I wouldnt hav gone out like that.

yo watch ya mouth joey. I wasn't talking out my +##. I just don't have that quitter mentality. I'm not a deer in the headlights. they had plenty of time when the flow first started to put a plan into action. but they instead opted to be still and wait. nah, I can't feel bad for that. that simple hesitation can be the difference between life and death.  if you're not goin to save yourself at least do what you can for your children.    I wouldnt hav gone out like that.

You are typing behind a computer in the comfort of your own home, you don't know how it feels to be out there so shut up with the internet drill sergeant tuff guy talk

I dont speak their native tongue but from the gestures it looks like they told them to wait on that rock. 

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

You are typing behind a computer in the comfort of your own home, you don't know how it feels to be out there so shut up with the internet drill sergeant tuff guy talk
chill with the assumptions bro. you don't know anything about me.  you don't know what type of high pressure situations, life or death instances I've been in that give me the confidence to know that that wouldnt have been myself getting washed in that video.  I mean you can feel bad for them all you want, but in reality, it was their own ignorance that put them in that position to begin with. 

Originally Posted by iHust1e

I dont speak their native tongue but from the gestures it looks like they told them to wait on that rock. 

Possibly.
But at some point I was hoping the flight part would kick in within their flight-or-fight senses 
frown.gif

This video is really sad.

Hindsight is always 20/20 maybe some of them stayed there to help the others. I know if my grandmother stopped i would to and try to help her. I also might have stood still to wait for a calm patch of some sort to try to make a run for it.

they were looking up the current so maybe they saw it was going to calm down or at least didn't look any worse.

tragic either way

Back
Top Bottom