One of the WORST things I've ever seen....Indian family gets swept away by a strong current (vid)

alien.gif

That was crazy how the water just rushed through like that. I was in a similar situation last week when I went camping with my friends. I was in the river and the current swept me towards the rapids. Fortunately for me, I had a life vest on and was able to swim to a tree branch that was sticking out into the river before I hit the rapids. However there are many instances of people getting swept away to their deaths at this river every year , usually out of towners who are just looking forward to go swimming/having a good time and are completely oblivious to the dangerous nature of the waters. There are signs posted with warnings and safety precautions, but people tend to ignore and blow these signs off costing their lives. Its really sad.

Originally Posted by Freeze

yo watch ya mouth joey. I wasn't talking out my +##. I just don't have that quitter mentality. I'm not a deer in the headlights. they had plenty of time when the flow first started to put a plan into action. but they instead opted to be still and wait. nah, I can't feel bad for that. that simple hesitation can be the difference between life and death.  if you're not goin to save yourself at least do what you can for your children.    I wouldnt hav gone out like that.

You've probably never had the opportunity to walk on a waterfall, but it is slippery as hell especially with the addition of water they had.

I don't understand why they didn't wait though. Were they that eager to eat some sandwiches? They shouldve tried and ran too. I sorta agree with you there.

It's not that hard to watch, hardest thing for me to watch is people jump out of the building during 9/11.

Regardless it's still sad
frown.gif

The two up front coudve made it but I guess waited til the other 3 came to where they were. After that the current was just too strong for them to pass. Unfortunate.

Originally Posted by ElCubanoDel510

Tragic, but that was there fault they had a chance to get across. They just stood there.
ohwell.gif

I feel the same way, but if you pay attention to the original video, it seems that the last people were looking away and when they noticed the current, it was too late to run off since it was already there. Sure, the current didn't seem strong enough when they were all together, but I don't know. Maybe it was the other people that were telling them to stay put. Maybe they thought the current wasn't going to get any bigger?*shrugs*

Very sad indeed
tired.gif

After watching the video again, the last younger girl had a chance to get across, but she stopped.

Back
Top Bottom