One of those "I'm looking for a new car" threads

Hey NT. Been in my current car for the past 6 years (Nissan Altima 3.5 SR) and looking to upgrade.

I prefer something that can still give me adequate fuel economy (24 mpg combined etc.) on a 6-cylinder engine as it will still be a daily commuter. Not too big on performance; just like decent power when driving.

Looking for sedans with a useable back seat, i.e. someone 6" tall can sit comfortably. Open to luxury and non-luxury vehicles. Prefer a 2012/2013 or later model year. Has to be reliable.

Hoping to keep it under $25k.

B1EC729A-CEEF-4F34-A922-A9DC5D82B319.jpeg

Honda accord.

I drive a wrangler though, i just keep seeing them and they look decent and get good reviews. You could even get a new one with the 25k possibly.

Also, maximas are nice....although im not a nissan fan.

fdub fdub that's a gas guzzler. Rented one for a few days, just to and from work, and the tank was halfway empty. Could really see out the rear windows either.

23kidd 23kidd SC kid SC kid im looking at those 2 as well. Used though. Any experience with them?

get da Taurus SHO.

16 city / 24 highway

upload_2017-10-14_10-13-26.jpeg
Horsepower: 365 hp

used one is within ur budget.

get da Taurus SHO.

16 city / 24 highway

If he’s complaining about gas and saying the impala wastes gas I’m pretty sure he’s gonna be tight about th 16mpg which can get worse depending on how he drives

get da Taurus SHO.

16 city / 24 highway

Horrible suggestion. These drive like crap too.

OP, I would look at the previous generation Honda Accord V6 or Camry V6. Good amount of power and I think they average 25-27 MPG between city and highway driving. And you get the reliability.

You may want to also consider some of the newer generation ones too. They've downsized the engine but are boosting them now. So you get really good fuel economy and low end torque which helps when you really need to push the car in a short span.

Hey NT. Been in my current car for the past 6 years (Nissan Altima 3.5 SR) and looking to upgrade.

I prefer something that can still give me adequate fuel economy (24 mpg combined etc.) on a 6-cylinder engine as it will still be a daily commuter. Not too big on performance; just like decent power when driving.

Looking for sedans with a useable back seat, i.e. someone 6" tall can sit comfortably. Open to luxury and non-luxury vehicles. Prefer a 2012/2013 or later model year. Has to be reliable.

Hoping to keep it under $25k.
lemme ask u..how many miles do u have? I rock a 2008 max..has over 100 on it and still drives like a race car..I love it..paid off two years now..minimal maintenance each year.. I'm definitely gonna keep it..but I have been checking out 2014/15 maximas also ES300s..nissans are reliable cars..the tho g that holds me back is that this still runs like a champ..and I am enjoying no car payme t other than insurance

isco isco it has a little over 140k on it. Was going to give it to my brother once he graduates from school. I've never had a car payment. Always bought my cars whole. That's what I plan on doing this time around as well. The $25k is liquid, just trying to keep the purchase price reasonable.

Stopped by Carmax earlier. Wasn't too much available there, but got to sit in and drive a couple models. A lot of the mid-size cars were cramped.

I liked the 2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6, the 2013 Lexus ES350, and the 2014 Mercedes E350. Also a Passat SEL V6 and surprisingly the Sonata Limited (wasn't the 2.0T). I'm sure I can find or haggle for these locally at $20k or less.

If someone has experience with those or other suggestions let me know.

isco isco it has a little over 140k on it. Was going to give it to my brother once he graduates from school. I've never had a car payment. Always bought my cars whole. That's what I plan on doing this time around as well. The $25k is liquid, just trying to keep the purchase price reasonable.

Stopped by Carmax earlier. Wasn't too much available there, but got to sit in and drive a couple models. A lot of the mid-size cars were cramped.

I liked the 2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6, the 2013 Lexus ES350, and the 2014 Mercedes E350. Also a Passat SEL V6 and surprisingly the Sonata Limited (wasn't the 2.0T). I'm sure I can find or haggle for these locally at $20k or less.

If someone has experience with those or other suggestions let me know.
My last car was a Benz..ton of problems ..never again..Hondas last forever..also Lexus are known to be very reliable/dependable..I had an Altima too..sold it to my sister at 140k..I always buy my cars with no more than 20k miles ..I'm hearing hyundais are good now..not like the past..TBH it's really hard to decide if I want another max or the ES

Should've just copped a fully loaded Camry, since the ES shares the same platform and are both FWD. If you wanted to go with a Lexus, should've got the GS papi and it's RWD.

ninjahood ninjahood Mine is black. That Altima is the gen prior to the one I had,

frank mucus frank mucus I would have needed to buy the touring trim of the new model to get the features I have in this car. That in itself would have been starting at $30k and wouldn't even have the engine power I wanted. The recent years (16-17) EX-L V6 and Touring cost more than what this car when looking for low mileage.

Back
Top Bottom