Only In America. VOL: 16 Year Old Drunk Driver Kills 4 and Walks Because He is Rich

This type of thing has been more egregious in Asia the last couple of years. With the wealthy even paying the poor to serve their jail sentences........ Also this boy's parents being rich doesn't mean anything if they didn't have the network to be able to reach out to both the prosecution and the judge. You can't simply "throw" money at a crime, you also need to have some sort of pull or "power" for cases like these to go the way they did.

While this is an egregious manipulation, and exploitation of the system, I never get why people use extremes to make their arguments ie a poor black/latino kid (non connected, no network of powerful friends, no societal leverage) to that of a rich white kid (connected, family has powerful friends, very deep pockets, great class and societal leverage). To make these leaps in judgement first you have to show how a poor white kid with the same attributes as the poor black kid, is the perpetrator of a similar heinous crime and gets away with a slap on the wrist before you could even bring a poor black/latino kid into the argument.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._doubles_to_serve_their_prison_sentences.html
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...ash-politics-laws-dont-touch-rich-in-thailand

Can you even have a license at 16? Smh

..Thats when you get a DL, doe?

Where are you from?

thought it was 17/18 :lol:

i dont pay attention to that crap since im in my mid 20's now :lol:

anydays dude should be rotting in prison. if someone doesnt do something about this then SMH x9475847584

yes im white, race means nothing. i dont care how old you are or who you are, what your family has or doesnt have. you killed 4 people, you were drinking while underage and driving, dude should get the death penalty. NOT EVEN JOKING

mean.gif

A psychologist called by the defense, Dr. Gary Miller, blamed the teen's behavior on his parents, claiming they gave him whatever he wanted including 'freedoms no young person should have.'
Miller called Couch a product of 'affluenza,' where his family felt their wealth bought privilege and there was no rational link between behavior and consequences. He added that the boy had an 'intellectual age' of 18 but an 'emotional age' of 12.
'The teen never learned to say that you’re sorry if you hurt someone,' Miller said, according to the Star Telegram. 'If you hurt someone, you sent him money.'

So...because he never learned there are consequences for your actions the court further reinforces that by letting him get away with murder?

And what about all of the kids who grew up in poverty who weren't taught right from wrong, what happens when they commit a crime?

So...because he never learned there are consequences for your actions the court further reinforces that by letting him get away with murder?

And what about all of the kids who grew up in poverty who weren't taught right from wrong, what happens when they commit a crime?

Liberals.

Last edited:
yeah because USA is unlike any other nation in this world...

you don't think there's white privilege in AUS against aboriginal people?

in ENG against south asians, blacks?

CHN only has extradition treaties with a handful of countries.

NK plays by only their rules. 

JPN is notoriously xenophobic.

the Hmong people are almost universally targeted in Asia.

in PAK there are religious wars everyday between the christians and muslims. 

the common theme here is that a country protects their nationals. it happens everywhere. it happens more frequently when money is exchanged. 

you are a fool for tailoring the stats to match your argument. 

I mentioned England/UK...

Religious wars? Xenophobia? Bro I addressed ethnic clashes, I'm talking about the JUSTICE SYSTEM bro. How white privilege pertains to that and ONLY that, this is the subject at hand. Pay attention because I'm not denying that those other problems you've mentioned don't exist.

You talmbout foreign policy, religion, xenophobia and a whole lot of other **** bro.

Read through my posts, comprehend then reply next time fool.

Show me how the Hmong are discriminated/profiled against in the Chinese justice system?

How Christians or different Pakistani ethnic groups are discriminated in the Pakistani justice system?

NK is nothing but Koreans......and Dennis Rodman. :lol:

Japan is xenophobic, thanks for the news flash. How does that pertain to discrimination in their justice system towards a minority group(s)?

:rofl: So off base with your rebuttal.

Last edited:

yeah because USA is unlike any other nation in this world...

you don't think there's white privilege in AUS against aboriginal people?

in ENG against south asians, blacks?

CHN only has extradition treaties with a handful of countries.

NK plays by only their rules. 

JPN is notoriously xenophobic.

the Hmong people are almost universally targeted in Asia.

in PAK there are religious wars everyday between the christians and muslims. 

the common theme here is that a country protects their nationals. it happens everywhere. it happens more frequently when money is exchanged. 

you are a fool for tailoring the stats to match your argument. 
I mentioned England/UK...

Religious wars? Xenophobia? Bro I addressed ethnic clashes, I'm talking about the JUSTICE SYSTEM bro. How white privilege pertains to that and ONLY that, this is the subject at hand. Pay attention because I'm not denying that those other problems you've mentioned don't exist.

You talmbout foreign policy, religion, xenophobia and a whole lot of other **** bro.

Read through my posts, comprehend then reply next time fool.

Show me how the Hmong are discriminated/profiled against in the Chinese justice system?

How Christians or different Pakistani ethnic groups are discriminated in the Pakistani justice system?

NK is nothing but Koreans......and Dennis Rodman.
laugh.gif

Japan is xenophobic, thanks for the news flash. How does that pertain to discrimination in their justice system towards a minority group(s)?

roll.gif
So off base with your rebuttal.
ok BRO

think about the justice system in relation to the last line i wrote:
the discrimination against Hmong people has been well documented--

http://hmongstudies.org/YangHSJ6.pdf

http://hmongstudies.com/YangHSJ4.pdf

in NK, KJU just killed off his uncle for "supposedly" being a traitor. where's the justice in that? 

christians in PAK live under constant harassment, persecution, and oppression. because they are not muslim. 

JPN openly discriminates against foreigners of any kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyōgaku_no_Gaijin_Hanzai_Ura_File_–_Gaijin_Hanzai_Hakusho_2007

you seem fixated on this concept of "white privilege" for some odd reason, but the truth is that ethnic privilege happens anywhere and everywhere. 

Lrn2ReadingComprehension, clown

Damn...so black people aren't "nationals?" because a States laws should be slanted in favor of it's nationals...if the laws are slanted toward white people wouldn't that mean white people are the only nationals? Thus proving "white privilage" exists....

How white privilege pertains to that and ONLY that, this is the subject at hand. l.

While this case is most definitely an example of white privilege given the statements by the judge quoted elsewhere. You dilute that argument by making correlations based on extremes. The problem is that you and ScarsOrScabs aren't wrong but you use extremes on the opposite end of the pendulum to support your case simply for the "shock jock effect." ie if this was a poor black kid ...... poor black kids are serving longer sentences for non violent crimes.. etc Which then leads to other posters completely ignoring your valid points and dragging you into a mudfight.

I think it's important to note the victims were also white, so white privilege depends on what perspective you are talking about here. If it was privilege one side got all of it.

Not saying white privilege doesn't exist before this turns into that. Talking about this case in particular.

So according to you white privilege only comes into play when there is non-white person being victimized in some form?

Also lets not stray from the question at hand because IMO this is a stronger case for classism than white privilege, however in America white-privilege is also deeply intertwined with classism. I'm not here to argue for or against white privilege. I was only trying to point out that the poster I quoted should do a better job picking and choosing when to invoke this argument concerning white privilege. I did so because others will do everything in their power to derail the credibility of this point as long as there is also a correlating viewpoint that they could use to diminish the illumination of cases involving white privilege in some form or capacity.

This is why I posted the links and claims in my op that this another part of a global trend of privilege based on social class.

Last edited:
I think it's important to note the victims were also white, so white privilege depends on what perspective you are talking about here. If it was privilege one side got all of it.

Not saying white privilege doesn't exist before this turns into that. Talking about this case in particular.

ok BRO

in NK, KJU just killed off his uncle for "supposedly" being a traitor. where's the justice in that? 

christians in PAK live under constant harassment, persecution, and oppression. because they are not muslim. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyōgaku_no_Gaijin_Hanzai_Ura_File_–_Gaijin_Hanzai_Hakusho_2007

you seem fixated on this concept of "white privilege" for some odd reason, but the truth is that ethnic privilege happens anywhere and everywhere. 

K, none of that has anything to do with the justice system.

Yes the Hmong are discriminated against in China.

Yes NK does crazy **** to its own people, wow.

Yes Christians are persecuted in Pakistan.

Yes Japan is xenophobic, again I hear that.

How does any of this correlate with the justice system son? IDGAF about "ethnic privilege" elsewhere unless it relates to the JUSTICE SYSTEM elsewhere. Get that through your skull my son.

Last edited:
While this case is most definitely an example of white privilege given the statements by the judge quoted elsewhere. You dilute that argument by making correlations based on extremes. The problem is that you and ScarsOrScabs aren't wrong but you use extremes on the opposite end of the pendulum to support your case simply for the "shock jock effect." ie if this was a poor black kid ...... poor black kids are serving longer sentences for non violent crimes.. etc Which then leads to other posters completely ignoring your valid points and dragging you into a mudfight.

Extremes? Example of a correlation based on an extreme?

Because that example you're saying I made, I didn't. How bout you stick to the script and stop ad-libbing.

Point is black Americans (and not just black Americans, other minorities are subject to disproportional treatment) are incarcerated at a higher rate for non-violent crimes.

Point is this kid walked away scot-free from murder while DUI when people who are first time offenders who didn't hurt ANYONE have served mandatory prison time.

Thats what I've been saying, so how about we stick to that instead of whatever "extremes" you think I'm talking about. I got another word for those "extremes", they're called realities.

Last edited:
A judge has let off a 16-year-old boy who killed four people while driving drunk after the teen's lawyers claimed his rich parents spoiled him and never taught him about consequences.

Solution? Free him of further consequences for his heinous actions. :smh:

Intellect is feigned

The ironing is delicious.

Nope, They were amazingggggggg !! :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

and to top it off.. i had Grandparents that were just as amazing :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: .. but thats just me :smokin :smokin

- Much luv, Stay Freshhhh :smokin :smokin :smokin

ps i see you foam :nthat: :nthat: #smileyboyz #repped :smokin

:lol: This guy Koudie is never negative or in a bad mood. You gotta admire that

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: #smileyboyz

Last edited:

So according to you white privilege only comes into play when there is non-white person being victimized in some form?

Also lets not stray from the question at hand because IMO this is a stronger case for classism than white privilege, however in America white-privilege is also deeply intertwined with classism. I'm not here to argue for or against white privilege. I was only trying to point out that the poster I quoted should do a better job picking and choosing when to invoke this argument concerning white privilege. I did so because others will do everything in their power to derail the credibility of this point as long as there is also a correlating viewpoint that they could use to diminish the illumination of cases involving white privilege in some form or capacity.

This is why I posted the links and claims in my op that this another part of a global trend of privilege based on social class.

I mean, that's just what I assumed. If it's white privilege, then in a white vs white scenario the privilege would even out no? Is white privilege not for all whites?

genuinely curious if that's what the concept refers to, I can admit I'm not very educated on how it works.

Last edited:

ok BRO

K, none of that has anything to do with the justice system.

Yes the Hmong are discriminated against in China.

Yes NK does crazy **** to its own people, wow.

Yes Christians are persecuted in Pakistan.

Yes Japan is xenophobic, again I hear that.

How does any of this correlate with the justice system son? IDGAF about "ethnic privilege" elsewhere unless it relates to the JUSTICE SYSTEM elsewhere. Get that through your skull my son.
you obviously cannot read.

all those are examples of different ethnic groups having an advantage over others INCLUDING the justice system. 

you think those minorities are treated fairly in a court of law within those countries? 

child, i'm done arguing with you on this. you are blinded by your obsession. 

Last edited:
you obviously cannot read.
all those are examples of different ethnic groups having an advantage over others INCLUDING the justice system. 
you think those minorities are treated fairly in a court of law within those countries? 

child, i'm done arguing with you on this. you are blinded by your obsession. 

I read your posts just fine, didn't find anything pertaining to any justice systems.

Am I supposed to agree with you without you showing me some hard evidence? I backed up my claims with actual references, where's yours? Show me how the aforementioned nations target a particular ethnic group in their justice system.

You have NOTHING to back up your statements, just conjecture done by YOU.

"Affluenza" is the defense they used....

Because he is rich he isn't used to living with consequences he doesn't know what it means to live with them and thus wouldn't expect them.

This is a two tiered justice system and it's time people realized it.

wait how is affluenza ...a thing?

It's not. It's a made-up term that is not recognized in any scientific community. The guy who even came up with the term (and testified for this kid's defense) said it's no different than calling someone a spoiled brat. He's a quack.

As far as I'm concerned, the irony of this defense (and the sentence) pins the blame on the parents for spoiling their child. So, because we're just tossing bogus psychological theories around, if I'm a prosecutor, I go after the parents next. Charge them as accessories. Turn it into a full-on dog and pony show. The parents were never charged for anything, and the sentencing basically says they're responsible. The prosecution may not win, but the judge basically set the precedent that parents can be blamed for their child's crimes.

Sounds like you might be racist.
not sure if serious....

Being a rich white dude.... Isn't dangerous because they can kill someone and get away with it?

What other combination of ethnicity and economic class would this fly with?

Back
Top Bottom