open sketch thread

A sketch I made....Any opinions?
1252hpv.jpg
[/img]
No bird soars to high as long as it soars with its own wings.

^^ Nice cleat sketches, looks like you could go somewhere with some of those concepts.

15n7fw2.jpg

Just something quick, Converse Weapons 2K6. Converts from a high to a low via removable "Y-Bar" strap.

thats sick man^^...only converse kicks id cop are the Wade..but if those were ever released id hop on em for sure..keep it up bro

LLAMAN11

^^^Does that converse not have a tongue?
No bird soars to high as long as it soars with its own wings.

^^^ It has a tongue that extends up to the end of the low top, so the ankle strap would be free floating and removable without there being a big tongue sticking out when you wore it low cut.

right, like the 21? more of a bootie than tongue..good stuff.
Man, I've been sooo lazy lately, I feel bad esp. w/ every1 here being so passionate about it. Anyway, this is what I started like a month ago and its been sitting on my desk since..Its prob. not too "advanced" and tech driven but oh well I guess:

15ydrtg.jpg

Before me there was many; after me there will be none. I am the one.​

15z5bn5.jpg
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

Haha, Im with IYE2 right now. Ive been taking just a tad lazy break working and taking up golf and tennis. Although July is when I'll start firing away with sketches and stuff for my portfolio. Then maybe I'll try to enter a few more KG contests as tune ups for my portfolio.

^^^ Yea I can see why it resembles the XXI, I was just trying to kind of have the look of the XXI evolve...Thanks for the comment

^you gotta give to get my dude...but really, why the b2 spirit? I think: a) you shouldnt continue w/ the 21 to 22 connections like you did [no other jordan's really did this] and b) dont take your inspirations and cues so litiraly. I mean just b/c the wings are linear, sculpt the midsole like so. The b2's wings are angular, but its form is actually rounded so radar wont detect it. Its such a great jet (the design, the intent however..) try to incorporate some tech (moreso than c.f.) or some nonliteral translations to the shoe.

Arf-I think your shoe has a lot of potential and if you fallow thru w/ the sketches it could be even doper. ! thing I dont like is how angular the midsole is..id make it more organic, but thats just me.

IYE-Thanks...I wish I followed through also, but by the time I knew it the deadline for kicksguide was here....There is reasons for the midsole( I agree it could be more organic and would probably look better, but I did it this way for a reason)...
Ill try and develop it in the next few days and also Ill hit you guys up with the story behind it...
Iye- Hopefully you develop your 22 also, because Id love to see it...

IYE2: Thanks for the comments. I can see what your saying about the 21 to 22, maybe I'll cut out the 23 below the ankle... I will try to research more about what kind of technology the B2 uses and translate it in to the design.

Quote:
you shouldnt continue w/ the 21 to 22 connections like you did [no other jordan's really did this

ajs iii & iv, v-vii(maybe even viii), ix-xi had somewhat similar connections/cues imo, maybe trying to find ways to make it different enough to that it no longer resmembles the xxi but still has some of those connections that it fits in the aj lineage?

xxii sketches
16antdc.jpg

football cleat sketches
16anvi0.jpg

No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

Tokes- Some of those XX2 skecthes look real nice...Did you finish? Cuz I would like to see if you built of any of the sketches that I prefer...

IYE-I like the sketch of the 22..Real clean...Also like all theose lines at the toe...Did you have any special tech in here?..Or was this just gonna be the basic design?..

nope, no xxii this month...i did not feel any really fit a jordan shoe

Quote:
So Im sittin here watchin hogan knows best

hahaha, that has got to be an NT 1st...

how was school this past spring?
No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

Back
Top Bottom