open sketch thread

SFgort:

You ever try experimenting with different shapes? Most of your work seems to use the same outline...

Still great stuff though...

Great work Sfgort. Man those are some really nice concepts, I'm loving the Melo especially. How old are you BTW? You know how to sketch I can tell that,I'd suggest to try to use markers over PS just yet cause you could create a much more plastical design if you ask me. Keep it up!

Originally Posted by sfgort

concept
jordanmelom6conceptbj9.jpg

combine
jordanmelom6combinegd5.jpg

side
jordanmelom6sidesz9.jpg

front
jordanmelom6frontqu5.jpg

back
jordanmelom6backui9.jpg

upper
jordanmelom6uppernm9.jpg

This is a very nice design! Add some color and see what it looks like!

A christmas gift.

Click the blog link in the sig for the whole story...

and thanks for the compliment.

Hey thanks for the comments on my old school shoe. BP, NYC FINESSE 23,and others. I feel i've improved a lot in my skills and want to get some sort ofcleaner version up soon. I've also been working on another couple of projects and just working on free hand form. Hopefully you'll like it.... will beposting soon.

Yo Ben or Juan, a question, for the futuresole contest could you send in only the final rendering, like for example on KG or did you send in all the conceptsketches?

Another 2 things, just got into photoshop seriously, first of hown do you add darker shades to a shoe? Cause with the dodge tool I can only add brighter tonesto the fabric, how do I add shades? Secound off could someone post pics or a link of a leather, Eva, Solid rubber, phylon and so on (textures)? I'd reallyappreciate it.

SFgort: The work posted on the previous page is really clean, especially the Melo and Pierce shoes. Check the shape, just a little bit, and they would beincredible. I like that you use a bunch of different views and explore concepts completely. Keep it up!

Nocomment: I believe the site only specified one "image" per design, so I put all my sketches on the same page as my final renderings.

As for adding dark shades, try the "burn" tool.

those extended sketch lines are obviously intentional... If it ain't there, don't draw 'em.. just my two cents... You've got ideas though,that's a good thing! keep us posted!

^They actually do teach you to go past qith lines like that...I wouldn't say that far though....

Back
Top Bottom